this is intended for R22 or arnie if he is about.

having been on airsoft.net the OLD ukan the new UKan the ascuk and both the old and new arnies i understand the dedication fo the mods and the admins.

i would like to make a donation of around £50 to assist with the server maintance and to thank all the mods etc for there work in keeping arnies the useful,l friendly resorce it always has been.

if its is wanted can you PM me with details for me to send a caeque (use it for an interactive spell check HELP ME)

thank you all for your work

Good call i was going to make a thread yesterday regarding voluntary donations.

I'm pretty clued up with computers but must admit webhosting and the costs involved is beyond me. All i know is that it costs a substantial amount to maintain a site, especially one as large and popular as this.

I'm a member of another forum (www.turbominis.co.uk) which has only a fraction of the users this site has but it has an easy and clear way of making voluntary donations plus you get a little logo under your name when posting to show you have contributed. This isn't to make people feel pressured to contribute but to lets say encourage?

This again is probably only for R22 or Arnies attention but it would be good to see other members feedback on such an idea!

Lets be honest how many people use the site to their advantage and make some money? or even gain a wealth of knowledge through the help given by others. Would a small donation be too much to ask?

If Arnie, R22 or any off the mods want more info on how the system works on the aforementioned site feel free to ask! or you could check out the site and see for yourself.

on a side note perhaps contributions towards upgrades and maintainence would stop people complaining and slagging the site when it has problems.

Lee

great sledge unfortunatly i dont and wont use paypal.

Even if anyone uses Paypal, I'd advise to hold off with the paypal at the moment because it's probaby Arnie's paypal account, and Arnie's away at the moment, so whatever donation you make via that account is less likely to contribute right away. At this moment, try to contact this person, http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...p?showuser=2041 who owns and directly working on the server as we speak. I'm sure he'd be happy to take a check if not paypal.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, though I would jump in here as Arnie is extremely busy this week, and I've got a spare five minutes or so.

I am absolutely sure that there is no problem making a donation to Arnie's PayPal account on the front page of this site, although Arnie has expressed some concerns about money coming in directly to his personal account. In the alternative, and I am sure I have Arnie's blessing on this you can send a payment to:

payments@iverymediagroup.com , as this is ultimately where it will end up.

Up to you guys though. Arnie should be back around here relatively shortly.

I would point out though that although I am sure Arnie is grateful of your tokens of appreciation for this fantastic site, any money contributed to by members is done so on a voluntary basis!

Oh and Gene - what was that you were inferring? ;)

Give it me when you next see me at a skirmish Carrion. All I ask is that you make sure they're unmarked bills in a brown paper bag, that the transaction is carried out without witnesses, and that you agree to the fact that I do not guarantee to spend any of the money whatsoever on the forums.... :innocent:

I'm back :) Well mostly (new data line came in today)

Well paypal donations sent to the site address now get bounced over to the account that pays the bills here.

As for taking payment in from other sources that could be done I guess but the monies wouldn't be sent to me but a nominated account (again the same on that the bills come from).