''how to make my m4 look different''

Tef

so, now, you got your first m4, dont knwo what to do with it. then you ask yourself a question :

how different do i want to make my m4?

so... if the answer is, i just want to be a normal soldier, dont want anythign ouot of the blue, ok, thast perfectly fine, just go to google and find some pics and copy their m4. BUT if your answer is the opposite, then heres the guide for you.

heres quick guide i just made up in my head

before starting, it is very very important that you keep in mind what you want, and stick with the aim.

1, barrel length, you can either use the usual m4 carbine length, or a med length like the MRP, #58mod SIR, G&P special force edition CQBR handguard, SPR med length. apart from those two lengths, theres also the CQBR length, like a m4 except the barrel stop just in front of the frotn sight.

2, handguard length, there are alot of different ones out there but heres some suggestion, all the ones mention above, KAC/KMC MRE, KAC/KMC med length FFRAS #58 SIR, surefire med length, larue tactical med length. or if you want to keep current m4 length, you can go with , SF handguard, RAS2, FFRAS, #38SIR #40SIR, #42SIR , C33, Vltor CASV, SF M500A, PRI carbon carbine length SPR and many many more

3, body logo, whats the background of your weapon? USMC? SEAL? colt m4a1? Armalite? oylpics arms? KAC m4?

4, pistol grip, this follow closely to body logo, if it;s a H&K, then use a star battle grip, if it's colt, then use the original. if it's SPR, use the SPR one. if it's CQB then use a larger grip.

5, tail stock, this of course limits by the battery position, but i will name anything flow through my mine. again, the choices made here should be based on the background/purpose of the weapon. original m4 stock, 6position m4 tac stock, original crane stock, vltor crane, vltor m16a1 size crane, vltor m16a2 size crane, original m16a1 size stock, oriignal m16a2 sized stock, SOPMOD stock, LR300 original stock, LR300 mil spec stock, Tdi carbine stock, magpul m93 MSS stock, magpul CTR stock, magpul UBR stock, magpul M95 stock.

6, mountable add-ons, this obviously the easiest one, but again do relate it back to the starting point. adding a bipod onto a CQBR?! add a 10x zoom scope? take a sniper stock for a close combat m4? bits that from personal experience goes well with m4: EO-tech, aimpoint m2, trijicon tripower, trijicon ACOG, C-more reflex(if you are after older m4), all the surefire torch except the G series. G&P VLI, G&P copy of SF torches. AN/PEQ2 laser box, a million different colours/type of rail cover, theres alot of mount for scope/optic too, usually stick with the same make as your handguard is good.

7, flash hider, i found the original is one of the best, looks good with most m4s, other ones are like troy type, KAC 2005, KAC 2006, ZM, etc etc

8, front sight, again i found the original triangle look the best. alot of people change it to PRI flip up sight to ''match'' the SIR, i found it not the case at all, it only looks good when you have a look handguard and it is getting in the way of optics.

and last, please for the love of god, dont get the RIS m203, it doesnt exist, it's only made by TM for easy mounting for kids......

golden rule of thumb for building a m4: dont ever doubt how much you can save during the year for bits and bobs, dont rush, if you set your eye on something expensive, just wait for it, save up nice and slowly, that way you will truely enjoy what you get at the end.

and second rule of thumb, google usually solve most of your problem

:)

(if theres anything wrong then please point out)

Nice guide :) Also might be worth mentioning about barrel length/cylinder

[...]last, please for the love of god, dont get the RIS m203, it doesnt exist, it's only made by TM for easy mounting for kids[...]

Not sure I quite understand that comment there. I think you might mean RIS M4...

But just in case; there are several 40mm RIS M203's out there, not the naff TM 3 round shotty version:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...ade%20Launchers

Theres also some made by CAW and Sun Project

Nice guide :) Also might be worth mentioning about barrel length/cylinder

Not sure I quite understand that comment there. I think you might mean RIS M4...

But just in case; there are several 40mm RIS M203's out there, not the naff TM 3 round shotty version:

Theres also some made by CAW and Sun Project

as in real M203 doesnt offer RIS mount. the one in airsoft are made so airsofter can mount it on easier. (for the original, you supposed to take the handgaurd off and then do quite alot of stuff to get it mounted onto the barrel)

hmm i dont know, personally i dont find much different between cylinder size and barrel length, i started off with CQBR and i change to normal sized m4 and it's the same to me (chorno went up by about 3fps but thast about it)

Just curious...and what exactly is wrong with the G series?

they are ok, but you dont really see them being use on soldier's m4. they are generally for hand held. (might be also why only vltor makes mount for them)

Don't forget about the 4 different styles of cupholders available for the different railsystems.  :rolleyes:

by that you mean delta ring right ? or you mean the bit behind front sight ? standard m4 comes with the rounded ones so most handguards will fit (unlike m16s' trianglar). and most handguard comes with delta ring if it is different.

Just for the record, a rail mounted M203 does exist. It is made by LM&T and can be seen on their military products catalog. A foregrip that attaches to the M203 barrel also exist and is in use.

Hope this helps.

Archived