CYMA CM028S (AK47S)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not 100 percent sure as i havent seen the full stock one ...but I get impresion from those threads that they've maybe standardised on 2/3A sized cells (either built as a mini pack to shove in the stock of the full stock, or built as a stick to pop in the folder) Does make sense from a manufacturing pov

That might have led them to skimp on the space available within the full stock (eg why weaken the stock any more than neccessary by having a cavity big enough for a large type battery, when the gun is really aimed at the HK market, comes complete with a mini battery and priced so it costs buttons over there)

wether a small to large adapter is a problem or not is more debatable Marui full stock AKs use a small connector to the gearbox with an extension plugged onto it that contains the fuse holder and ends up as a large type battery connector, so doing similar to the CYMA isnt going to cause any more of a prob than the marui is leaving itself open to

course if theyd only made the fixed stock cavity big enough to store a dinky little colt 25 in Im sure a few folks would be fitting a stick battery under the top cover anyway :)

Yeah, these are not flexible enough.

I bought mine at gunnerairsoft (Fung, the owner, is a great guy, amazingly fast), it looks like I got an old version (or a new, I dont know) : the front sight was glued and wasn't aligned with the rear sight (i broke it by trying to remove it), the inner barrel is made of aluminium, which is a bad point. Besides it's a great gun and it shoots well.

Edited by Raptor3388

Next weekend, or a couple daysafter next weekend I will. Hell, on the 30th I'm bring it to a game on an island, I can get some combat shots of it. It's a good durability test too, since islands tend to have plenty of sand.

mine has arrived, and i can honestly say its as good as a TM aks (ive owened one and have a tm full stock to compare it to)

build is excelent i may buy some more

as a side note airshooter apears to be out of most of the low cost airsoft stuff now

im surprised gunner doesnt offer wood and metal body kits

considering that the postage is the main hassle getting them over from HK versus buying in UK being able to buy a wood and metal kit along with the gun for less than the cost of a stock TM AK from redwolf would surely be attractive to some folks? (obviously depends how much the shiping on those would add to overal cost)

just had a quick play with one of the cyma 028 gearboxes i have here

results with marui AK hop unit and barrel 301 FPS

results with stock CYMA barrel and hop unit will decide f thats an upgrade or not (I dont have a complete one here untill tomorrow or wed to compare)

I left entire gearbox stock (to avoid the change piston = need to change spring change cylinder head = need to alter the locating posts etc) From a UK point of view quickest dirtiest gearbox upgrade is to use a guarder bearing spring guide (£10 in UK) and leave everything else stock

with marui barrel and hop unit that squeezes 326 to 329 FPS out of the gearbox which is the practical uk limit anyway. After that Id just run it into the ground and get the use out of it, then upgrade the top endof the box at a later date when it needs it.

Edited by snorkelman

Id reccomend for price over performance a hurricane Full Tuneup Kit for AK, all parts will fit, best bang for buck upgrade.

FTK is Here

You may also wish to get a new hopup unit, eitehr get a marui one secondhand or get this one here

Fitting, the cyma 028 is pratically a marui Version 3 gearbox, with a difefrant firing system, Seach for it there are laods of guides on here/ google,

goodluck with it

-Mike

original barrel and hop with standard gearbox kicks out 282 - 284 fps on mine

marui barrel and hop 299 - 301

marui barrel hop and a guarder bearing spring guide 326 - 329

thats the quickst dirtiest upgrades You still have original piston spring etc which will be the long term weak points but when you come to changing those over the spring guide can still be put to use if you choose a new spring at that stage which takes it into account

just dumping a heavier rated spring in would work too The trouble is if you pick one that gets you up to the UK limit while the other (slightly less than 100 percent) parts are all left stock, then you'll need to ditch that spring if and when you come to upgrade rest of the gearbox (cos that spring combined with new better quality internals will then put you over uk limits)

I can see where slackys coming from with the do not pass go, go straight to a tune up kit but my only worry is the rifle starts to slip down the price-creep road (with a kit and the shipping from hong kong and then the chance of duty and handling fees etc) Especially cos a lot of folks will think 'hmm.. paying that for shipping? Maybe I'll add a tappet plate and a set of guarder gears etc to justify the shipping costs and make the order more 'worthwhile'.

If anyone is going down that road with it then it would be worth their while to ask gunner if he can source tune up kits at hong kong prices and pop one in the box along with the rifle (so it isnt attracting seperate shipping costs and customs handling fees of its own).

eg if he was willing to do that then Rifle, tune up kit and shipping would be £105 or there abouts (if you didnt get stiffed for vat duty and handling fees) or £133 if you did

In comparison the rifle bought in UK and then kit from HK bought seperately would be £142 without VAT duty or handling fees or £169 if you did get called on those.

regardless of all the upgrade permutations if you're new to AEGs and need this as a primary on a tight budget then Id say keep it stock for a while get the use out of it as is Confirm its working as it should while its under warranty etc At end of the day what you dont want is to take a perfectly working 280FPS rifle and turn it into a zero FPS bundle of bits you cant get back together again :)

Theres a strong argument for not upgrading it at all in those 'cant afford it to go wrong' circumstances, and instead just running it into the ground - tackling the upgrades on it when you have to (cos by then its a broken 0 FPS rifle that might was well be in bits and you've got nothing to lose)

anyways, my impressions of the one that arrived today compared with usual Marui AK under-folder:

Overall fit and finish is OK no noticable creaks or squeaks over what you'ld expect on a marui

Finish on front sight block gas tube etc is a bit too thick and glossy very fine steel wool or one of those spongy wet n dry sanding block with plenty of water should take care of that (remember your not trying to lift the paint off down to bare metal just flattening the surface of the gloss to a slightly more matte effect - so dont get stuck into it like a demon lol)

Sides of the lower handguard feels a little less sturdy than a marui (eg if you squeeze them hard you can feel the plastic 'spring' a little) shouldnt cos any probs in use unless you have a grip like the incredible hulk. If you were paranoid about it then a bit of metal bent into an U section box shape and fitted down inside the lower handguard would beef that up a little (painted black you wouldnt even see it)

gun comes with a lightweigth nylon sling For light pottering about the house or the backgarden it would do the job but i wouldnt like to rely on the clips on it

Still its a freebie (and i wasnt even expecting it) so cant really complain. Half decent AK style sling should cost around a tenner to 15 quid and marui would need one anyway straight out he box.

I've still to try the 300 round hicap style mag that came wth it Mag is pretty ligthweight but if it feeds and doenst need winding every couple of shots it could be lived with.

G&P mid cap AK74 mags fit and feed fine if a little tight to get em to click home wouldnt expect any additionl prob with AK47 midcaps but I dont have any of those at the mo.

folding sock wobbles but no more so than a marui.

fire select stays in whichever mode you set it but feels a little spongy (theres no noticeable click when it goes into auto from safe)

Provided you get one that works and dont get landed with a lemon then for 100 quid Id say its a good enough deal If places are turning over their stock of them quickly then shouldnt take too long to get an idea of potential lemon rates.

stevie

Well said snorkel man,

The way I see it, is thats its a perfect gun to learn how to perform aeg maintenance and upgrades on as if ou completely *fruitcage* it up, its less money wasted.

its a toss up really, i would reccomend the must have upgrades are a new spring guide, a new nozzle and some thick grease. The compression on mine was extremely poor, so a new o ring and some grease would of solved this.

The XTY Gears are extremely good quality, I would stick my neck out and say Better then marui stocks and possibly as good as CA.

the Hi cap is really poor, I cant stress this enough, it needs a wind every few bursts :(.

For me personally, My project was to build an AKMS, so i used this as a base gun and yea I spent quite alot on upgrades, but at the end of the day I still saved £100 over buying a TM.

Upgrades of mine included;

Guarder FTK (inc piston),

Systema 1j spring(had one lying around. I would of used the stock cyma spring but it was too wide to fit in the new piston)

Rewire+Deans Connectors

Marui Hop up

Guarder Hop rubber

CAW AKMS wood + grip

spetz inner barrel

Im shortening it even more and should have some pics up in a few days, but to be honest it shoots so fast, hard and far that im dead chuffed, and cost the same as a TM ak with all the upgrades.

-Mike

Great stuff Snorkel man & Slacky!!

The above 2 post make a lot of sense, thanks for the advice! Still waiting for the battery to finish it's looooooooooooong first charge!

First impressions of thr rifle itslef are excellent and I'm over the moon with my purchase.

Now here's hoping it shoots as good as it feels.

Planning on taking it to my first skirmish next month. Any ideas on how many batteries I should buy to take with me?