CYMA CM028S (AK47S)

Bought one of these for my nephew to play with at an upcoming game and had a look around inside it last night.

One thing I'm not sure was mentioned is that the funky hop up unit actually uses a v-notch type packing. The barrel was so fouled with solidified gunk (grease? loctite?) when I got the gun that it was horribly inconsistent and inaccurate. After going through it with a .22 cal nylon brush and some solvent, it's much cleaner and SHOULD let the gun shoot better.

Replaced the piston head with a bearing head and properly sized o-ring so that there was actually a seal taking place inside the cylinder as well as replacing the cylinder head O-ring with one that was a bit thicker to improve the seal there as well.

I also had the air nozzle problem that prevented the gun from firing properly in auto. We'll see if I removed enough material to let it feed. Cool little gun for starting out, although I was ready to bash it into little pieces trying to get the spring-loaded charging handle rod back in place. Jeez. Even so, I managed to deform/bust off some of the plastic tabs on the top right side of the plastic cover that hold it in place to the lower receiver.

First AK I've ever owned or worked on, so some of the stuff that AK guys know like the backs of their hands, I found out first hand last night. Next I'll probably put a proper hop up and barrel in the thing, and a spring guide/bushings/reshim/guarder tune up kit type job if I don't just give the gun to my nephew.

Edited by Wupjak
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

although I was ready to bash it into little pieces trying to get the spring-loaded charging handle rod back in place. Jeez. Even so, I managed to deform/bust off some of the plastic tabs on the top right side of the plastic cover that hold it in place to the lower receiver.

Me too man, I broke half of the tabs and it was tough to get the charging handle assembly back in. I'm not sure whether that's a problem on TM, can anyone clarify?

How can I get the flash-hider off? The manual says there should be a button to press, or something, but I don't see one. Did Customs take it out?

It's on the front side of the front sight :P Little piece of metal protruding from gun. It doesn't look like a button.

I need to warn you british fellows about Gunner Airsoft and the update they do for chinese aeg's. Don't get me wrong, it's great work! The only problem was, when i tested the gun it shot clean through the bottom of cokecan. So it can be too powerful for use :( Althought american users are probably like "yay!" <_< Well, i just need to buy Marui's gift for us, don't know the english name, but it drops the fps on the gun without need to mess with the internals.

Other than that, i recommend Gunner Airsoft with all my heart!

Edit: Fixed name

Edited by Tuulos
It's on the front side of the front sight  :P Little piece of metal protruding from gun. It doesn't look like a button.

I need to warn you british fellows about Guarder Airsoft and the update they do for chinese aeg's. Don't get me wrong, it's great work! The only problem was, when i tested the gun it shot clean through the bottom of cokecan. So it can be too powerful for use  :( Althought american users are probably like "yay!"  <_<  Well, i just need to buy Marui's gift for us, don't know the english name, but it drops the fps on the gun without need to mess with the internals.

Other than that, i recommend Guarder Airsoft with all my heart!

Guarder Airsoft?

:huh:

• 3 weeks later...

If it gives you more desire to get them up, I'd REALLY love to see all the nice pictures too :D

I'm wanting one of these cm028s's to compliment my CA M16A3 (and because I love AK47's :P ), and I've been searching for good pictures for a long time. Maybe your's will tell me what I need to know! :D