CYMA CM028S (AK47S)

to be honest I didnt find the trigger springs any worse than marui AK ones to work with

the anti reversal i usually hold down with a glob of high melting point grease helps keep its shaft from riding up

the contact on trigger switch I agree - it is pretty light on metal versus the marui switch but that goes for the ICS CA and VFC AK ones too

I'd open the box to check the bevel gear isnt warped like it was on one of mine and maybe take a bit of the slack out of the shimming, but other than that Id probably leave gearbox alone and just swap out barrel and hop unit for marui ones as the most cost effective improvement

id actually have bought a bundle of these in to resell trouble is by time you add VAT Duty n shipping getting them to the UK and cost of deliverign them to buyers they'd be sitting at 100 quid :(

Edited by snorkelman
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the G&P wood kit installed..after 8 hours of work! The wood itself was a drop it fit, but I also wanted to install the frontset it came with, well, the pile of broken dremel reinforced dremel bits and aluminum bits both in my eye and on the fllor tell the rest of the story. It fit, but not without some major dremeling. The wood slides back and forth about a MM, and creeks slightly, but the super dooper looks make up for it. Sorry I can't get pics up, my main computer isn't working for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...

So tempting... must resist. But surely everyone should have an AK? And it WOULD go with a Solid Snake loadout...

Edit ~ Just noticed someone said they do a full stock. Now that would really go with the Snake look. Damnit, I'm supposed to be a pistol nut, but reasonably priced AEGs are getting tempting! :(

:zorro:

Edited by Sledge

Go on DO IT! You know it makes sence :-)

By the way I've been chatting with the guy from Action Hobbys and he says he can do em for £89.99 or the full stock a little less !!

Also if you buy bulk he will do a good deal, anyone wanna go in with me? I'm being serious btw.

Lemme know.

Hmm im pretty tempted, although i was pricing these up last night from HK and they only cost £37! as usual, rip off Britain lol

Does the guy at action hobby have the full stock models right now? as i'd prefer the full stock myself i think, i'll email them now.

Been looking for an aeg for the past few weeks and this is VERY tempting!

Edited by 5thElement
Hmm im pretty tempted, although i was pricing these up last night from HK and they only cost £37! as usual, rip off Britain lol

Yea but then postage costs about $60-70 and then theres a risk of getting caught by customs.

I myself ordered mine a few weeks ago from www.gunnerairsoft.com it cost £80 posted and he marked it down so customs let it through. It was sent friday, arrived tuesday (and that was over a bank holiday weekend too!)

The Hicap that comes with this gun is pretty ###### it needs winding every burst or so :o, I would reccomend anyone to buy a spare tm or similar mag with the gun.

On a betetr note that battery that came with it is suprisingly good (8.4 1100mah stick).

-Mike

I emailed that action hobby site and asked if they have the full stock version and this was the reply

"we will be getting the full stock version and we hopr to have it in within a week but we are not sure if we will have it as a current line as the s model is nicer quality and build. the price we hope will be less than the s model but untill we get the final billing again we can not say for 100 %"

Seems strange that they think the quality isn't as good as the folding stock model..hmm

The folding stock is growing on me though lol

Wasn't doubting that, i just wondered why they think the solid stock version isn't as good quality, just seemed odd to me when it's basically the same gun.

I dont suppose you have any pictures of yours Slacky? any other good/bad points worth mentioning? im so close to ordering one of these lol look like a great deal :)

edit:

When you fold the stock out does it lock in place/or atleast stay sturdy? just noticed the original poster saying his was quite wobbly, which is kinda why i was thinking more towards the solid stock model originally.

Edited by 5thElement

Hey, I didnt have the camera at the time before I upgraded mine.

looks like this now anyways:

slacky.JPG

The folding stock was very sturdy at first but got looser as i used it more (about 1 cm movement) but i believe this happens abit in any folding stock model. Im sure there is a fix for this with some tape or spacers or something.

Things that Ill reccomend;

Swap the hop unit with an marui AK one and a new barrel. I picked up a hop unit for a fiver and had a spetz barrel(for conversion).

As metioned the hicap is pretty poor but the gun will accept tm, star,MAG, heroarms, G+G mags.

The gearbox could do with a hurricane tune up kit which costs $40. The nozzle needs replacing as its weak, and the cylinder/piston need replacing or at least a good lube as they have bad compression. (but tbh i would upgrade a ics, tm etc in the same way.)

I also changed the connectors to deans connectors which helped as the batteries were heating up.

thats about it, its solid, the fake wood is really nice looking and its big and heavy.

hope this helps, any other questions just pm or ask i n this thread.

-Mike

Edited by slacky

Interesting foregrip...

Even at stock level, i guess it's well worth the money yeah? i've never really had a proper aeg before so i'd be a bit wary about trying to replace parts etc, especially that many, i have a tendency to break things lol and for now im on a budget (unless i get the job i just applied for, fingers crossed!)

Is the bolt metal aswell yeah?

Edited by 5thElement