Zeke Uzi bodies.

Jett

Hello.

I've managed to find a Zeke metal body kit for the TM Uzi (yes it was expensive and no I'm not insane) and I was wondering if by some small miracle there was someone out there in skirmishland that had the slightest idea how to fit them?

Pointers? Tips? Bits I should really, really be careful not to mangle?

I have a whole spare Uzi for parts just in case but can anyone offer any advice on what may need to be filed? Sanded? Burnt? Chewed? Sworn at?

Come on you techies!

Hello.

I've managed to find a Zeke metal body kit for the TM Uzi (yes it was expensive and no I'm not insane) and I was wondering if by some small miracle there was someone out there in skirmishland that had the slightest idea how to fit them?

Pointers? Tips? Bits I should really, really be careful not to mangle?

I have a whole spare Uzi for parts just in case but can anyone offer any advice on what may need to be filed? Sanded? Burnt? Chewed? Sworn at?

Come on you techies!

:whistling: nice, i've heard of these before, but never saw one...

if i had any idea how to do it, i would tell ya mate, maybe you should consider giving WGC or GnG an email to see if they can help out...

if you get it working, don't forget to take :photo:

Had MGC looking for one for me.

They said they'd found one in Japan somewhere with one of their suppliers. :D

Had to pay for it up-front within the day they emailed me to secure it or it'd be sold in Japan. :o

I really don't think they have more than that one though. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, just to keep anyone who's interested up-to-date.

I've just taken delivery of my doner Uzi (for parts) and have stripped it. I'm not going into the gearbox (with good reason) but I've managed to get the two halves of the body off in preparation for installing the Zeke body when it finally arrives. Other than a hurried dash across my hometown to find someone with a torx head screwdriver there were no problems.

Just need to wait for the body. I'll post a complete 'how to' as soon as I can!

I'm one of the few in the USA that has the Zeke UZI kit ...I will stress that the kit requires both heavy filing as well as some finessing. . that is, if you really want to do it the right way.

Because the metal body is a rather long and thin-walled die cast part. .there is some minor warpage throughout the receiver. You'll notice it when you first mate the two halves together BEFORE you even start to put the mechbox in. The little warpage will be magnified several times more once you install the mechbox and remaining TM UZI parts onto the kit . .that is, magnified warpage if you did not file/alter the metal kit properly.

If you successfully fitted the two halves together (w/ mechbox inside) . .you'll know it was fitted properly by 1) how the outer barrel screws on, easy or hard, and 2) how easy the top bolt cover snaps in place.

There is definitely some level of craftsmanship required to get the Zeke kit to fit properly .. a simple hack and Dremeling will not cut it (again, if you want it done properly). . but in the end, if you succeed. . you'll have a SOLID UZI AEG. .

A stock TM UZI. . so what. . but a full metal TM UZI. .now that's RARE!!!

Congrats on scoring one. . I got mine over 7 years ago .. and up until 2 years ago. . never even owned a Marui UZI AEG. . but I knew I had to get one because I had the kit already!

Back when the ZEKE UZI kit first came out. .you were expected to pay anywhere between $300-450 USD in Japan (160 GBP-240 GBP).

But if you ever sell your full metal TM UZI. . don't settle for anything under $500. . .well, esp. if you're able to "somehow" upgrade the internals.

Archived