Armalite Pictures

why do people hate those low profile L mounts so damn much?

People who have no idea what Height Over Bore (HOB) is...

Low profile mounts are the best for airsoft IMO....considering how short the range of airsoft guns are. I love my low profile mount on my CQBR.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its because the low profile mounts dont allow the dot to go over the front sight, so it gets in your way. I HATE that, because it makes aiming alot harder and the front sight is annoying when trying to focus in on a target.

Its because the low profile mounts dont allow the dot to go over the front sight, so it gets in your way.  I HATE that, because it makes aiming alot harder and the front sight is annoying when trying to focus in on a target.

thats true but remember if you place your red dot up high its not going to really project where the BB's gonna go, especially at long ranges, best bet in that case is to get a flip up front sight

but those can be costly

People who have no idea what Height Over Bore (HOB) is...

Low profile mounts are the best for airsoft IMO....considering how short the range of airsoft guns are. I love my low profile mount on my CQBR.

i agree, thats why my scope is as low as it gets, i can see having a hi mounted sight great if youre shooting CQB with your hop up all the way on, but other than that........

I use to make a big fuss about that. Then I decided when I put on my airsoft goggles and neoprene face mask, mesh face mask, or gas mask, I didn't want to bend my neck that much so as to feel uncomfortable when aiming. With the respirator, I couldn't even align my eyesight with the optic. But if it works for you, by all means.

Also, I'd think that HOB wouldn't really play much difference in the world of airsoft, simply because typically not many AEGs are accurate enough for it to become a noticable factor. An inch higher or lower wouldn't make that much difference, IMO.

Edited by systema

like tgrillo says, the front sights get in your way. Buying flip up sites would cost more anyway then buying a higher profile mount. If your happy with your low profile mounts, whatever fine, but IMO having a higher mount is more realistic and gives better/faster aiming aquisition.

I dunno, I don't care now because none of you with the lower profile scope mounts are gonna pay for a higher one anyway. So, oh well just have fun with whatever you got.

victory, do you play woodland with it? Is the range good for long engagements or will I need upgrades?

Man, that M468 kit looks so awesome but is so much $$$!!!!!!!!

I guess $150 of my money would probably be better spent buying a Guarder FTK and more mags rather than getting a new barrel, flip up sight, flashhider, and silencer.

Grrrr, decisions decisions..

victory, do you play woodland with it?  Is the range good for long engagements or will I need upgrades?

Man, that M468 kit looks so awesome but is so much $$$!!!!!!!!

I guess $150 of my money would probably be better spent buying a Guarder FTK and more mags rather than getting a new barrel, flip up sight, flashhider, and silencer.

Grrrr, decisions decisions..

Right now, I mainly use it for CQC desert environments. If you plan playing woodland, I'd upgrade.

bad motors, wires, and gears. From what i've experienced with mine.

Bought at AEX few months back.

I had these defects in mine where if you use any spring other than the stock one the gun locks up. AEX said it's probably the gears, because some kid had the same problem. Also the motor burned out right after it started locking up on me from the gears apparently after like 5000 rounds. Even after AEX installed a brand new set of systema gears and a TM EG1000 for free, my gun locked up again(same way before) because of the wires. So I got fed up and looked around for a TM gearbox and sure enough I found an unused one for $80 snagged that sucker and i'm using the wiring from it.