Armalite Pictures

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my brand new ISC m4 Ver3. Right out of the box I added a madbull 6.03, hadguard rail, and i have a tac light i'm going to put on it (a friend has it atm)

IMG_0367.jpg

Added a scope and bi-pod for a bit of counter sniper action B)

IMG_0363-2.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

The wierd thing is, no matter how much I look at it, the front sight still looks in the way of the scope, but when you look through it's clear, nothing blocking it.

~Bepo

Edited by bepo

ehh, the scope is a bit big for my tastes, but if it works well for you more power to ya :D

Carbacca, I'm liking the m4 in the second pic

that's awsome Oleander :D

I added the scope because its the only optic I have right now, but i'm getting an aimpoint soon. It is too big, but you need to make do ;)

On a side note, i just did a fps test using the poor mans chrono and I got about 360-370 fps, after only installing a tightbore. It went through both sides of a can, and almost went through the bottom (it made a slightly smaller hole) I'm leaning to say it's like 370 fps, which exceeded all my expectations.

~Bepo

Where did you hear that?

Bigger the bearing the greater its resilience so they are and able to handle greater stresses over a larger area.

I never doubted this. Milla asked what makes 7 better than 6 (this is a little vague, since there's no mention of bearings or bushings). If Milla was referring to just the difference between 6mm and 7mm bearings, then you are correct. On the other hand, if my presumption that he was referring to the 6mm bushing and 7mm bearing gearboxes of CA M15's I mentioned just above his post, then yes, 7mm bearings provide faster ROF than 6mm bushings (as well, you are still correct). Bearings provide faster ROF than it's rigid bushing counterparts, however, bearings aren't as resilient to load. Thus, 6mm bearings can't handle heavy loads too well before failing (compared to 6mm bushings), so 7mm bearings are used instead to preserve it's ROF advantage over the bushing while providing greater load resilience than the smaller bearing.

Thanks dave, you pretty much told me everything i need to know lol.

Anyway i chronoed my stock CA M15 and it shot a steady 320fps. I just added a tight bore barrel systema 6.04. No idea what its shooting now lol

Actually, now you mention it I didn't take note that you said 7mm 'bearings' and 6mm 'bushings'. My bad.

In any case I'm sure you agree that the bigger the load medium(see below) in physical size, whatever its make-up, the better its ability to take a battering.

As a side detail I have always considered 'bearings' to be ballraces(RC car term) and 'bushings' to be bushings(plain bearing in essence) while the term 'bearings' I have always considered the generic name for the whole lot.

I agree. Larger bodies tend to spread the load, distributing much of the stress concentration points of smaller bodies.

I've made the same presumption of bearings and bushings myself. The bushing nomenclature seems to be rather general when others have described them for airsoft use, being used to describe both bearing and non-bearing axle spacers/cushions. I even see many airsoft retailers making the same type of descriptions. So naturally, I was a little confused at first.

And I'm glad I could help, Milla. :)

Edited by davedawg123
why? is it because of the flash light? or aimpoint mount? what?

Strange thing to say because that is what a CQBR looks like :blink:

PRI Aimpoint mount

Correct barrel length

Correct receiver markings

LMT? chopped rear sight

That is the basics of an issue Mk18 Mod.0

Edited by Tommygunn
Strange thing to say because that is what a CQBR looks like  :blink: 

PRI Aimpoint mount

Correct barrel length

Correct receiver markings

LMT? chopped rear sight

That is the basics of an issue Mk18 Mod.0

Mk18s are issued with Wilcox Aimpoint mounts actually, but they are currently impossible to find and the PRI ones look almost exactly the same. Also Close Quarters Defence makes the rear sling mount. They are also issued with grips that have no finger rest. Other than that she's the same.

No thumb pressure switch on the light?

He has the correct tail cap for a Surefire on an issue Mk18

Edited by SilentScope