cool.... can i get some specs on that?

Sure thing.

- Hurricane KA Marine body

- G&P Freefloating RAS

- G&G Riser & Rear Sight

- G&P Low Profile rail covers

- G&P SPR Grip

- Aimpoint CompML2

- 9mm Conversion (got the parts from the US)

It's my 'featherweight' M4 platform.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They fit on just fine unless you want to use the real steel buffer tube.

If you're using the real buffer tube you need a real stock adapter and you need to shave a few threads off of the buffer tube.

The best picture I have of my ICS M4RIS. That is how it looked ready for a CQB game.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/Nick.../Picture203.jpg

Hi just wondering on how yu like the ICS M4 RIS thinking of buying one. anyone else used them? searched abit but couldn't find alot about this particular model. Such thins as amount of metal compared to the CA etc, build and usage standards?

Thanks

Edited by ishamy

ICS uses a RIS and CA uses a RAS. In other words a RAS physically clamps to the barrel nut whereas the RIS is just held in by the end cap and delta ring + friction and because of this is unstable and prone to movement.

ICS guns are terrible, stick to a ca or ca equivalent.

Or, if you really want to be a guinea pig try the newer ICS guns with the revised bevel gears and turbo 3000 motors.

Best of luck in your decision.

Ahh ok thanks for the info i will have to think this over a bit then. Any ideas on a good vendor located in the UK for CA, i don't fancy importing due to possible customs problems. I see wolf have them but they havent been in stock for sometime :s

with all the upgrades available for armalites you cant really hold in the urge to "pimp" your armalite. I tried keeping mine stock... but i failed and now its anything except stock.

You are right though, i know some people that keep their's stock but not many. Maybe 1 outta 11 have a clean rifle.

I really want to see a basic, no-frills M16A2. No bipods, no scopes, no M203s, no nothing. I'm surprised that this thread has gotten to 11 pages and there's still no externally stock M16A2s.

Well I could've sworn I posted this before...but you asked :P

GR16_002.jpg

GR16_004.jpg

GR16_014.jpg

Or perhaps the background turned you off.

Looks good systema... Great photography.

About the armalite "pimpage", I was going to keep my carbine stock, minus the aimpoint and a buis, but I got the urge to buy a RIS, add a vert grip, PEQ, and eventually a weapon light. You can't help but want to add things to your rifle that "spice" it up a lil'.

Though, too many accessories IMO makes the rifle look ugly. I like 'em clean and simple... not stock, but not raped either.