Bedfordshire Newbie Signing In

DirtyMoFo

Yeah not sure what happened to the original post - lost in this blessed but somewhat intermittant server :)

Basically it was a "hello" and some dribble and views from a new guy entering the fray.

Though not new to airsoft, I am new to owning one..... or two.

This is my brothers fault with his emailed warnings of impending bans on buying devices which I had used as a young lad. If you even remotely like the idea of airsoft - get one now. Was the message.

After 2 months of pouring over forums and inserts regarding the massive selection of airsoft armaments, I mailed a few suppliers and began to take note of the responses, speed and general quality of answers to my newbie questions. Noting that the UK importers were doing a fine but essentially "need it now" service, I opted for importing myself.

UNCompany seemed very capable with a good demonstration of upgraded models showing true passion in their work, dentrinity seemed distant and as yet have still not replied to all my mails though their selection of afterpurchase parts is impressive, a random selection of others proved ok but essentially not as well priced as UN or Den.

Selecting the models was easy for me not being a "gun nut". Essentially, what looks good!

My brothers selection of handguns and mini assaults led me to believe buying anything like this was purely replicating what I could already lay my hands on. Though the P220 has long since been a favourite handgun (robocop police)

This left me with Assaults, long arms and general silly stuff.

I initially fell in love with the PSG but later found details of its limited role should I wish to airsoft properly and its need for heavy upgrade. Knowing that I would probably want to find myself in wood surrounded by like minded luny's. I looked for a generally good assault and something that would bridge the gap (and have silly amounts of power) with a sniper rifle.

After selecting by looks, then reading and dropping choices based on bad xp's, I found my first option

UN Tinkered Marui G3SG1 - 450FPS with scope and internals upgraded. Despite its overal plastic appearance i soon found reassuring doc's and the knowledge of a light weight metal upgrade. It was love at first sight.

with the words (Classic Army do full metal models) ringing in my ears from my bro

I then looked for an appropritate medium range assaulter. If the G3 proved to much for a scenario I could back down to this and continue.

I found once more than UN had some upgrades of the essentially gorgeous M15a4

a bargain if there can be such a thing

UN Tinkered CA M15a4 rifle - full stock, metal, upgraded internals 300fps.

In my eyes, though part of the fun in this market would appear to be upgrading the weopons, it can't hurt for not a lot of $ more to buy a UN started project.

The questions about battery's and other options were answered within minutes of each mail to UN (time of day pending) and my order went through.

Approx a week later, I had shipping info and I was actually getting a little excited.

The day of arrival came also on possibly my worse day of work ever, and though I opened the packaging and took a good look at each, I dropped them at a friends house and really didnt want to see them for some time.

Justifying the funds, feeling generally guilty about buying them, and lacking the right vibe to be around them were feelings all noted.

It all felt a little wrong and if their truely lifelike replica way it also felt like I was breaking the law somehow. The gravity of owning something so very very real, and dangerous looking hit me.

BUT

its not until you actually put these things to the test, that an inane smile reaches your face, you giggle like the schoolboy you once were, and suddenly even if your day is particularly bad, its ok because you can go home and put away a couple of thousand rounds down in an inch grouping or deliver justice to Value Plum Tomato can's.

You become a very responsible child.

The g3 is simply awesome, though the finish is typically a lil plastic.

The M15 is too real. and again incredibly accurate - more on these when i get some battery power into my partners laptop.

but for now thank you for the welcomes, look forward to posting some more dribble shortly.

As hoppum said the nearest place to you is Finmere it is a great site with a lot of friendly people, i also live in MK and it is the only nearby site unless you want to go to peterborough and i did not like that site at all.

The next finmere game is this Sunday (7th) green fee is £17 with lunch chucked in.

The site is due to have a big refurb soon so will get better and better.

curlyboy

Curly

alass i can't make that day but will look out for the next one

do i need to be part of a team or can i just turn up and take a look at what goes on...

not a cqb fan and would prefer the woodland aspects or open air events - site ok for this?

FPS limits?

thanks in advance.

need to buy some combats - can't believe i throw a perfectly good set away 2 years ago. anything else recommend for these events in terms of personal possesions?

Curly

alass i can't make that day but will look out for the next one

do i need to be part of a team or can i just turn up and take a look at what goes on...

not a cqb fan and would prefer the woodland aspects or open air events - site ok for this?

FPS limits?

thanks in advance.

need to buy some combats - can't believe i throw a perfectly good set away 2 years ago. anything else recommend for these events in terms of personal possesions?

You don't need to be part of a team. You can just turn up and play (although i recommend posting on the forums to say your coming).

The site is in a wood! But also features a village and some bunkers. So theres a little CQB.

Heres where the site is.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=46...25&ay=231640url

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=46...25&ay=231640url

No probs go on the 21st.

The site limits are under discussion at the mo AEGs are 330fps and bolt action sniper rifles are 500fps.

You dont need combats (they are preferred) just wear something dark but not black.

curlyboy

Archived