WE Hi-Capa Leaf Spring

Zero_DgZ

So, I took my shiny new Hi-Capa over to my friend's place last night. We were sitting in his enormously messy room and he was fooling with the new toy.

"Your grip safety isn't working," he mentioned.

"Yeah, I know. It's random, depends on how the trigger bar and the safety meet up," I said.

He drops the mag and tries to feel around in there to see if he can move the safety far enough to make it engage. "Don't mess with it," I implore him.

"No, I think I can get it."

Then we hear something go "plink" as it hits the floor and leaps into an alternate dimension.

"What the hell was that?" We cry in unison.

Turns out it was the pin that holds the block onto the bottom rear of the grip. Naturally, as soon as he lets go of the handle the block flies off under tension from the hammer spring. Then the leaf spring falls out.

I'll bet you can tell where this is going.

Well, I've been browsing the forums for about the past two hours (slow day at work) attempting to reasearch this problem, and I'm still not sure I have it. I've been fooling with this stupid leaf spring trying to get it back in there right, and thus far I haven't been able to. Here's what I'm running into:

The leaf spring has three fingers on it, right? It's got the short one on the left that engages the grip safety. The middle one is curved down a bit, and the rightmost one is curved up. The disconnector is visible from below, as is part of the hammer and what I can only assume is the dingus that resets the firing pin when the slide blows back. There's also what looks like a sort of a plate behind all that mess that is obviously hooked up to the trigger.

If I just lay the spring on there on top of everything the hammer won't lock back and the trigger doesn't feel like its under tension. If I stick the center finger of the spring between the mechanism (whatever part it is right there) and the plate the trigger still feels a little funny and the hammer locks sporadically. Close inspection reveals that the disconnector (I assume that's what it is - the shiny sticky-up thing on the right as opposed to the duller grey firing pin resetter on the left) isn't springing - It just sort of lies there. If I turn the gun upside down and shake it it'll pop out and things will work semi-normally until the hammer drops again. I can also raise it by working the trigger, which is odd.

Is there some sort of trick to getting that stupid leaf spring in there correctly? Also, is the leaf spring the only spring in the gun that handles the fire control mechanism? I'm wondering if perhaps there's another spring in there to work the disconnector or the trigger or something that was also lost when the gun was... ahem, disassembled. It took me long enough to find the pin that goes in the bottom of the grip; I don't even want to think about trying to track down a spring in that mess.

You wont have lost anything spring like so dont worry - the spring around the hammer pin is enclosed fully so cant escape unless you take the frame apart.

From what i remember, the set up is left prong for grip safety, as you know - no need to position is anywhere specific, it sits in the natural position once the leat spring is in the grip. Middle prong sits on top of the lower edge of the sear (will appear as a sort of block). Right prong sits applying pressure to the trigger bar, and the disconnector.

So the third finger goes between the plate and the dingus connected to the disconnector there?

Edit: I think I got it. The center finger has to go up over the black thing in the center (what the devil it is I don't know) which apparently causes the disconnector to operate correctly and the hammer to actually work.

My grip safety still doesn't work, but at this point I don't care. I am now happily perforating a portrait of Bill Gates in my cubicle.

Sorry, no - the third prong is important in that it pushes against the profiled base of the disconnector, which applies pressure to the trigger bar and moves up and down. Basically it makes the top layer of a 3 component stack. So it would be

trigger bar | disconnector | 3rd prong of leaf spring

If your still not sure i cant attempt a crude diagram in paint, just gimme a shout !

Ok, nice one

Yeah, the middle one sits on top of the black block (which is the base of the sear) ;)

holy ######.. this thread has been answered SO many times. I can see why Sid got ###### about it.

######.. I even did a photo stripdown in here.(5.1 not me!)

heheh.. this forum doesn;t like shi- ite" now.. :D

Actually, yes. I found your guide on the matter after I posted this thread. For some reason it didn't show up in my searches but I found it via a link in another post.

I was actually quite helpful, and led me to realizet that the middle prong on the spring needs to go over the black thing properly for the gun to work.

Step 2 is to fix my grip safety, but maybe I'll fool with that after the game on Sunday so that I don't break my gun again beforehand...

Archived