Preview: Replica Military Headset + PTT

KWP

According to my sources supposed release date is June 2006 and the package consisting of the "Swimmer Headset" including waterproof boom mic, PTT switch and Plug for a replica MBITR will retail at about HK$800.

Here's the official preview flyer:

f86a14ae.gif

I would wait until DEVGRU releases their replica TASC before deciding on one or the other... their throatmics are one of the highest quality ones available...

• 2 months later...

Well mine came in from Den. Airsoft Extreme guys said wait for the DEVGRU's version as well, but the only prob with that... DEVGRU's aren't shipping yet. We can't even confirm what headset style the DEVGRU's will be yet. I do agree DEVGRU's quality is great, but they can't compete against something with nothing ;)

Anyway review has been posted in the database, just waiting for it's approval. Go here if you don't want to wait ;)

I would wait until DEVGRU releases their replica TASC before deciding on one or the other... their throatmics are one of the highest quality ones available...

devgru throat mics are definatley not durable atleast my last 3 and my teams 7 broken ones weren't. there to low sound wise. no matter what we did and where we put it they just didn't transmit as well. out of the 13 we have 3 remain, 2 are to low voice wise and 1 is fine no problems at all.

I certainly wont be using any throatmics in the near future but might have been a QC problem as many other people seem to be perfectly happy with them.

• 1 month later...
Any single pin T series Motorola should work.

Well yeah the pin fits in the radio adn functions correctly. My specific motorola talkabout just won't fit into the dummy housing... (Too Wide)

Sorry guys I only have the 1 Talkabout which is close in dimensions to the T6200 series. Not sure if anything else will fit. I know they make thinner talkabouts so those may be ok.

I'll post the actual dimensions of the dummy radio on Tuesday, since it's at my shop.

OK sorry for the delay in getting dimensions. Busy at work.

Here are the usable internal dimensions of the Dummy radio:

1.9375 inches Wide

8.125 inches Tall

1.25 inches Deep

ts-hs05a.jpg

Biohazard 92F for size comparison.

• 1 month later...

For all who are interested in the Swimmer Headset Kit or just the MBITR:

A) Entire Set (MBITR, Swimmer Headset Kit): 880HK$ (ca. 112US$ or 89€)

B) Just the MBITR: 180HK$ (ca. 23US$ or 18US$)

C) Just the Swimmer Headset: 700HK$ (ca. 89US$ or 71€)

All prices without shipping and without radio.

Post into this thread if you're interested, my PM box is almost full.

Archived