what is happening with UTG ?

curlyboy

Hello

Has anyone else noticed that you cannot get UTG guns very easily, most places are sold out or have low stock, airsoft armoury have taken all the UTG AEGs off their website leaving just the M324, they don't even do the tac gear anymore !

Is there a problem with supply ? i know when i got my M324 AA had trouble getting stock, have airsoft suppliers given up on them ?

I was thinking of getting a warhawk (AK47 clone) but cannot find anywhere that has them in stock online.

curlyboy

since its an american company i think its costing them to much money to continue with their shippings to britain, also with the vcr bill they are scared of making any large stock transactions so im pretty sure they arnt really planning on selling to british companies any time soon, i myself was looking to get a utg mp5 just to screw about with but the only place i could find them was on AirsoftArmoury, and they havnt been in stock for a while.

if anyone finds any sites in britain that sell 'em or find an abroad company that doesnt have outrageous shipping fees then please let me know

www.airsoftatlanta.com has a large stock of them and i think they ship to the UK for not much cash (its $8 flat, far as i know, for anywhere in the continental US, so UK couldnt be much more)

Hope that helps you get hold of your UTGs :D

Oni

since its an american company i think its costing them to much money to continue with their shippings to britain, also with the vcr bill they are scared of making any large stock transactions so im pretty sure they arnt really planning on selling to british companies any time soon, i myself was looking to get a utg mp5 just to screw about with but the only place i could find them was on AirsoftArmoury, and they havnt been in stock for a while.

if anyone finds any sites in britain that sell 'em or find an abroad company that doesnt have outrageous shipping fees then please let me know

UTG is not an american company. They are imported by a company called Leapers, and then distributed from them to resellers. I now some companies stopped selling the mp5's due to quality controll problems. Many of those still sell the AK47 saying they have had better quality controll.

In the end, I think UTG is really going to give some of these other companies a run for thier money.

UTG are a Taiwanese company, not American. The first batch of UTG guns at AA came from the States, but that is all. Anyway the shipper doesn't pay for the shipping, the buyer does (AA for example)

The UK companies may not be placing large orders at the moment because of the VCR bill, with delivery lead times in weeks if not months (allowing for shipping by sea - the cheapest method) they wouldn't want to find that the VCR bill is passed and their stock confiscated by the customs.

UTG Ak47 is good, even if the peripherals are poor quality (sorry for the ###, mods!), Master Sniper is good, when you find the right BB/hop combination. Dont listen to the h8rs! Sheesh, sometimes I feel its like a class war between those with the £££ or $$$ and those like me who are fighting on the Budget Battlefield!

Anyhoo...itd be really handy if someone knew of/made a list of what other names each of the UTG guns sell under ;)

UTG are a Taiwanese company...

The way I understand it is - UTG (Under the Gun) is a sub brand being carried by Leapers (meaning they own that brand and sell stuff under that name).

I am not sure about other items from UTG - but the UTG airsoft stuff is from mainland China (PRC) - not Taiwan (ROC) from the same factories where Well, Cyma and DE source their materials.

I agree with guzzihero - there will be h8rs out there who think money spent has a direct correlation with mad skillz. Chill guys - we want to play too. Dont be hating us for getting our feet wet instead of jumping in the pool. :D

I looked there as well but they are out of stock of everything except some spares.

I dont think people are holding back ordering stock on the basis of the vcr bill (if it ever happens) it just seems that no one ever has any of these weapons in stock ?

curlyboy

Airsoft Armoury in Lt Chalfont have UTG warhawks and MP5's in the shop, just not on the site. I was in there this weekend and noticed they still have a stack of MP5 UTG box's......

They also did not have the TM P226 on the website yet I was able to go in and purchase one a few weeks ago, in fact a friend came along and also purchased one.

I don't trust the stock levels on most online websites, pick the phone up and have an ask at the chalfont branch ;)

The way I understand it is - UTG (Under the Gun) is a sub brand being carried by Leapers (meaning they own that brand and sell stuff under that name).

I am not sure about other items from UTG - but the UTG airsoft stuff is from mainland China (PRC) - not Taiwan (ROC) from the same factories where Well, Cyma and DE source their materials.

I agree with guzzihero - there will be h8rs out there who think money spent has a direct correlation with mad skillz. Chill guys - we want to play too.  Dont be hating us for getting our feet wet instead of jumping in the pool. :D

UTG Shotguns = Double Eagle Shotguns

UTG MP5 AEGs = WELL R-5 AEGs

UTG MP5 Springer = WELL D-5 Springer

UTG AK-47 = Double Eagle AK47

Etcetera.

well said Sao !! it appears the internet renders people unable to speak !

browse the web then ring up the shop and they can tell you A if they have it,B latest price and C they will get your order processed there and then unless its zero one who will do it when they feel like it or tell you a week later they didnt really have it

Archived