Night Vision Goggles

Gunner-Blaze

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to remember that Gen3s have been in sevice since the 80s however. You normally get Gen 3 pvs7s or pvs14s for a really good price with great lp. I got about 2 pvs7s and a pvs 14 for about $1700 each a few months ago.

They also used to use single shot rifle and stand in neat little lines in combat.

Har har

Didn't the US use Starlight scopes in Vietnam? Weren't those Gen 1?

I honestly do not see a reason to be carrying around a $3000 delicate piece of gear... one BB is all it takes to put it out of buisness.

Plus, a few flashes from my Surefire M4 and you're out of buisness :)

Har har

Didn't the US use Starlight scopes in Vietnam? Weren't those Gen 1?

I honestly do not see a reason to be carrying around a $3000 delicate piece of gear... one BB is all it takes to put it out of buisness.

Plus, a few flashes from my Surefire M4 and you're out of buisness  :)

You have to remember that the military units are built to withstand combat conditions- bb's shouldn't be that much of a problem. Civilian units could be at risk though.

Also, the only thing a surefire light is going to do is turn the unit off, not permanently disable, hence the "automatic bright light shutoff" feature.

Cheers!

Crispin1025

I just did a physics project on night vision, now I can put that knowledge to use. Tis true, Gen 0 and Gen 1 arent really that useful, they need too much ambient light and the resolution isnt so great. Gen 2s were the start of good night vision, they were used extensivley in Gulf War Part I. Infrared lights will blind NVDs because they can see infrared light, a lot of times the user will have an IR flashlight so that they get the benefit but the enemy doesnt. Dunno if a remote control would be enough though.

if you can afford the price tag. then Get Gen-4. if not, get gen-3. anything else is almost useless. there isn't much difference In Gen 1/2. only small mods in the image tube. Gen-3 is a much better tube than gen1/2.

Archived