BlackHawkIndustries Gear

1cem4n

thanks, yeah she's a great girl. she might get into airsoft, going to probably buy her a TM MC-51.

I like the look of straight mags but I don't really care. I'll probably buy a bunch of midcaps and share among the armalite boys whom I play with.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I play ten hours a week (I usually find an hour or so with friends) and I'm HARD on my gear. I have gone through two BHI OMEGA vests in a span of three years. I'm currently wearing a FROG rig from SOE Gear (or was) and it is holding up strong.

And yes, I crawl, jump, etc. with my gear

I didnt say airsofters didnt crawl, Im saying we dont do it to the degree or for the length of time as real operators do. Besides, two omega vests is like $160? Thats still a hell of a lot cheaper than some of the $500+ vests people have been suggesting here.

Perhaps a better way of putting it is airsofter's lives are not at risk and therefore don't really have the need to truly abuse their gear like the brave souls who do it on a daily basis in some God foresaken country in a town unpronounceable to most of us. Nor do airsofter's lives depend on both the quality and effeciency of their rig.

However, the logic that the 2 omega vests is far cheaper then 1 $500 rig if flawed. If the $500+ rig lasts for say 4 years, and each omega lasting 1.5 years. One would have purchased 3 omega's in the lifespan of the one $500 rig. And for simplicity let's just say the omega's are $150 which amounts to $450 in 3.5 years. Not to mention the tax, shipping and or fuel to obtain each new vest adds to the cost. And if the lifespan of the $500 rig is longer it's cheaper in the long run.

it's all about the gucci gear ;)

Dont go with BHI for the best money can buy. For the best money can buy go with TT, Eagle, DBT, TAG, or Paraclete

Exactly what he said, I will say though that the Hellstorm branch is superb, the baclavas and SOLAGs are amazing.

BHI is a pathetic company whose products are made in Vietnam, a rather heafty insult to vets, and they just copy off of Eagle. BHI is nowhere near the government contract...if they were..Id know our GNP was lower for the military....

SDS, Paraclete and Eagle is for Army, AITES, SDS, Eagle, TAG and DBT for marines. Safariland is with Navy for the ELCS.

If I'm not mistaken, we airsofters treat our gear as hard as the soldiers do

You're totally mistaken. You're playing a damn game. Don't ever confuse running around in gear with deploying with it. That's a pipe dream.

Commercial BPG gear is made overseas. Stuff that they sell to the gummint is made in their US manufacturing facility, which they aquired about a year ago. Make no mistake, they sell a metric buttload of gear under contract.

You're totally mistaken. You're playing a damn game. Don't ever confuse running around in gear with deploying with it. That's a pipe dream.

Commercial BPG gear is made overseas. Stuff that they sell to the gummint is made in their US manufacturing facility, which they aquired about a year ago. Make no mistake, they sell a metric buttload of gear under contract.

First off, I know I'm playing a "damn" game. Is it a crime to make a reference to soldiers? It's just meant to show how I treat my gear.

Along that same line....

Why do we need all these $$$ gear? Why do we need a RAV, or CIRAS? We're not going to be using any "plates". The best we can do is just stick a piece of cardboard in it, right? Why can't we all just use the stuff from Cheaperthan Dirt? It will serve our purpose just fine :rolleyes:

You dont use you gear as hard as any solider. Trust Haji on that, He deals with real soliders day in and day out, he knows his sh*t.

Also we dont need the gear, we like to have it. Its like TM over CMYA, yes you can use both but we like to have the better gun, like we like to have the better gear.

You dont use you gear as hard as any solider. Trust Haji on that, He deals with  real soliders day in and day out, he knows his sh*t.

Also we dont need the gear, we like to have it. Its like TM over CMYA, yes you can use both but we like to have the better gun, like we like to have the better gear.

*sigh*

I understand that...I was merely making an analogy (or what ever the hell you call it).

Sorry if I meant it any other way :unsure:

Archived