Pics of your SWAT Gear

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anywho, yesterday I was watching some local news, and there was a shooting and such, and Jackson Police SWAT team was out there. So I'm watching, anxious to see what exactly they are wearing.

Then.

I see a blob.

:mellow:

A BRIGHT blob, that any geardo would recognize.

A.

C.

U.

:o

I don't think WA would ever change, at least not for a while... do we even have a SWAT here? What the hell ever happens here? People usually commit suicide before doing anything drastic in Seattle, saving us the trouble; I mean, we do have the highest suicide rate in the US IIRC...

I don't think WA would ever change, at least not for a while... do we even have a SWAT here? What the hell ever happens here? People usually commit suicide before doing anything drastic in Seattle, saving us the trouble; I mean, we do have the highest suicide rate in the US IIRC...

Trust me. WA has SWAT. I had them called out on me in Bremerton. :mellow:

Ninja in his birthday suit?  :huh:

I don't want to know. :mellow:

Yes, SWAT has been converting to ACU, no ones knows why, but they are. It was seen in the Virignia Tech Shooting.

Although smaller cities and counties are not getting these updates as fast, they are happening.

Thanks goodness WA is still in OD and Black.

I was the one who told you about that. ;)

It does well in urban, even though it may suck in woodland or desert. I still hate it. :P

ooh, please tell  :)

OK. So we had just come back to my friends house after a skirm. It was also a BBQ. We were out front of his house on the porch drinking beers and talking guns, such as are .45 or 9mm better. Talking guns. No guns out, and the airsoft were locked in the trunk of my car. The neighbors heard us, and, in an attack of stupid, called the cops. Again, no guns out; all RS in the house, or properly concealed, and all AS in my trunk. So, we see a patrol car cruise by slowly. Think nothing of it, a cop lives down the street. Next thing I know, a kitted out SWAT officer, complete with M4, comes around the corner of the house across the street. Next comes the whole "turn around, back up towards my voice" thing. I'll never forget the words "PUT THE BEER DOWN, AND BACK UP SLOWLY!"

So, after I am frisked, I actually had to tell the officer that I had a .45 by my right kidney. No idea how he missed it. I was legal, CCW permit on my person. As soon as I'm cuffed, the whole Bremerton PD shows up. Including the bomb squad :blink: So, after they tell lock me in the back of a patrol car, they look in my trunk, and start playing with the airsoft. After they let me out, they check my permit, give me back my Kimber, and leave. No charges, no nothing. Just saying "party on"

I was the one who told you about that. ;)

As long as the information gets out, right?

And yes, WA has SWAT. They are just never really needed. We never have huge hostage situations where they would be needed, that is why the state thinks 'Why update them?" Which sadly means they will not see the UMP for a long time :( or any ACU for that matter.

I don't know but the only real "SWAT"-thing seems to be the patch  :D

Seriously, You can't really call that a SWAT loadout. It's more like an airsoft player loadout with a SWAT patch.

If you're on SWAT and get called out and that's what's handy, that would be what you would use. There's a pic somewhere around Arnies of three SWAT guys stacking up... and one has nothing but his briefs on under his gear.

How do you know it was your neighbor and not the cop neighbor deciding to play a funny on you? ;)

Also, what do German SWAT units wear/use? Whenever I feel like doing a SWAT load-out, I feel like running around yelling, "POLIZEI!" all the time. Naturally, a G36K is a must. ;)

What are those German vests that look like IBA OTVs? (they may be) If you could get one of them in black, and maybe like either Flecktarn BDUs or a black flight suit, balaclava, shooting glasses, ect, ect. Let me do some quick research for you Jag.

EDIT: Ah, here we go.

http://www.hkpro.com/hkaction.htm

Look at the first few pics on that page of German KSK (German SWAT).

Here are some more:

german-police.jpg

tsn_police_60436.jpg

istockphoto_2534968_german_police_w.jpg

action2psg1.jpg

Edited by 101matt1
What are those German vests that look like IBA OTVs? (they may be) If you could get one of them in black, and maybe like either Flecktarn BDUs or a black flight suit, balaclava, shooting glasses, ect, ect. Let me do some quick research for you Jag.

Look at the first few pics on that page of German KSK (German SWAT)

Or not.

The hard part about getting a GSG (not KSK...) loadout is the helment, which is really hard to find.

Pics here http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showt...&highlight=GSG9

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showt...&highlight=GSG9

Donut you live in WA? I didn't know I lived so close to that horrible P90 of yours. lol.

Anyway, back on topic

If you're on SWAT and get called out and that's what's handy, that would be what you would use. There's a pic somewhere around Arnies of three SWAT guys stacking up... and one has nothing but his briefs on under his gear.

Yeah, I was watching a show about the North Hollywood shootout. One of the SWAT guys was wearing what looked like a T-Shirt, Shorts, and a Vest. I think they wear whatever is handy, but something that identifies them as SWAT is probably a necessary item.