Pics of your SWAT Gear

so, i was thinking of the coolest SWAT weapon... and i think ive come up with it.

M4A1, M500 lighted handguard, lower rail attatched to grip, simple vert grip, trijicon mini acog in carry handle, 6pos LE stock, single point sling mount

Ugh. Nice rifle, but the vert grip mounted on the bottom of the handguard is not only a terrible idea, but completely pointless. In fact, it'll probably screw the ergonomics nicely.

The M500 handguard is designed to be pressure-activated by your fingers when you hold the handguard normally. Add a vert grip and not only will it be wobbly, etc, but you won't be able to activate the flashlight, and the vert grip will probably get in the way of you getting a normal grip that allows you to activate it.

And breathe.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh. Nice rifle, but the vert grip mounted on the bottom of the handguard is not only a terrible idea, but completely pointless. In fact, it'll probably screw the ergonomics nicely.

The M500 handguard is designed to be pressure-activated by your fingers when you hold the handguard normally. Add a vert grip and not only will it be wobbly, etc, but you won't be able to activate the flashlight, and the vert grip will probably get in the way of you getting a normal grip that allows you to activate it.

And breathe.

Maybe the ergonomics need a good screw. Is it just me or did he just describe the M4s in the movie SWAT, but add a chinsey foregrip?

And breathe.

you bastards :D

yeah, i guess you have a point... for the M500, i need no vertical grip

K

-Joe

you bastards :D

yeah, i guess you have a point... for the M500, i need no vertical grip

K

-Joe

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.ph...oducts_id=28500

Not sure if youve seen it, I got the commando version, since they called and told be it was sold out.

Should be here Friday :)

Whats the purpose of a bright flashlight on an airsoft gun?

same as a flashlight not on an airsoft gun :P

good for night games, urban games - dark rooms/basements etc...

but mostly, cos people love bolting s**t onto RIS - "i got railzorz, must find stuffz to bolt on!"

its a looks thing too, some geardo's love having everything a perfect copy of the look they are going for (not having a go at that btw :) )

shmook

These were done without a tripod and with indoor lighting...so they arnt very sharp. Any suggestions on how to get them clearer without a tripod?

Sorry, I was really sloppy with the cuts as well but wanted to give these types of photos a try.

Suggestions welcomed and appreciated.

IMG_0584kl.jpg

IMG_0577kl.jpg

Most recent pics of my updated SWAT gear.

Special thanks to my fellow player "Leiska" for the pics.

Double M11A1´s are soo cool at CQB. Brrrrt!

P8172166.jpg

P8172171.jpg

Yaarr, get some!

P8172169.jpg

Action piccy

P8172140.jpg

Single action with silenced M11A1

P8172141.jpg

Cheers

-Hessu-

Edited by hessu75
Looks great, and I must give you kudos for posting here, and the laser in the P90 like it should be looks sweet, but that's not quite SWAT. SWAT have been seen in ACUs, but are generally wearing all black or all OD gear over them. Very nice loadout though, and I'm not going to complain too much. :)

I forgot your a SWAT officer...ohh..wait your not..Dood don't tell people what is not and is SWAT...your not a BTDT or subject matter expert. Jesus....

That was an intresting ACU loadout...what kind of gear is that? Looks kinda like a refferee with the black PALS..lol. Nice loadout.

What holster is that MK23 in?

If you asked me, the lefty holster is Black Hawk Industries USA and the right side holster is Milspex.

The BHI is very sturdy and I am looking for a same right side holster too.

Milspex is spacious, but it moves too much, when running and so on. Even if I have modded it with some well placed extra seams to bind it more to the horizontal legstraps.

Cheers

-Hessu-

• 3 weeks later...

Heres my Gear

i pretty much threw this together from what i had laying about like black combats, black shirt, work boots, bmx knee pads a vest i got of here last week for £9, a helmet that was OD under its cover i sprayed Matt black

IMAG0117.jpg

And only 2 days after puuting that together it was fancy dress at our local rock club so i called the lads and we got our airsoft gear on, we did get some funny looks on the way but it was all fun!

100_0481.jpg

and one of me "questioning" my mate jim in his flashers coat :D

100_0505.jpg

i do have more but its mainly us with girls :P

One of my neighbors is in SWAT, I think he's in the Anaheim area.

He wears ACU and Foliage Green, they used to use black/blue but there were too many law suits against that. This was because criminals would give up because they thought that SWAT looked too much like the military or inhumane. I heard this from a real SWAT Officer. Then some departments started using OD Green and such colors, now some use ACU. Some departments also stopped using balaclavas so that criminals could identify officers as humans and not something else. Departments were actually sued for this! Of course, along with other things.

Now, my friend wears an ACU unifrom, Point Blank armor carrier in ACU, it holds only soft armor at the time but do accept hard plates, which are stored in SWAT trucks of needed. I don't know if I can say more, I don't think it matters but still... And if you try to do anything stupid, you bet SWAT will *fruitcage* you up, they don't get paid to fight, they get paid to win and that means everything. Infact, using very unorthadox tactics, hehe! You should hear the stories!!!

Just because someone knows what most departments use or not use doesn't mean they have a loadout themselves. I know a lot about what the Anaheim SWAT Unit is issued, I don't have a loadout of that. I'd say that a lot of what they have is a bit personal, they all got ACU's, 5.11 boots, and an armor carrier(ACU). My friends M4 is all pimped out, its amazing!

Like I said before, from what I know of, from one department, they get issued most of it all, a lot is still self purchased.