Pics of your SWAT Gear

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

With that outfit, you could use the riot type shin guards and forearm guards. Good ol´ one metre rubber batong and you could give some instructions to G8 conventions rioters ( dumb asses those rioters) =)

Cheers

-Hessu-

• 3 weeks later...

For some reason, the city I live in has both a Sherriff's SWAT team, and a City Police SWAT team. ( It's actually called TRT, but whatever. ) The county SWAT uses ACU, with black or OD gear, while the city SWAT uses a mix of urban BDUs and that subdued digi pattern the Marines turned down, with black gear. Hell, some of the city SWAT still wear their old black uniforms. I think my city has some standerdization issues to work out. o.O

Big Budget cuts are happening all over America for Police. Which is why not many SWAT teams have expensive Tac Gear and new uniforms. Most of it has to be bought by the cop him/herself. (Kane County SWAT has to buy they're own ammo, due to cuts) Quite sad really. Especially when IL dosent have CCW law, and cops are our only defense.

Edited by Mr Foxhound

It's airsoft, don't worry about it. Not many can, and I wouldn't feel good about only having three mags on me even though that is the average amount of mags I use per day. I like carrying more than I need, so does SWAT, and enough for them is three. They say that if they do expire one mag, they need to rethink their tactics.

So, being my city's Police Explorers program has a nice pay-off. WE get to use, and keep the surplus black SWAT pants and jackets, along with standard duty belts. We don't know if they're going to issue us any tactical vests, but here's to hoping.

We get to 'play' with simunitions in two weeks. I can't wait for that, seeing as how I'm one of the few kids enrolled in it that have fired a number of handguns, and a couple AR15's before.