Help me build my dream gun

Smith5

Here's my situation. I’m already considering what I want my next gun to be and I'm strongly leaning towards an M16a2 with m203. It’s not because I’m sick of my g36c already, its just id like another gun and have decided why not start building my dream gun?

Might not seem like a particularly spectacular dream gun but its what mine is ok. And seeing as I want my next gun to be an assault rifle rather than a more short range fire fight/CQB gun I thought why not go for this.

Here’s ultimately what I want to build: An M16A2 with m203 grenade launcher with a fps of no more than 328(site limit I play on for aeg's) I want all the best parts for it, full metal body, stronger and more durable internals, less wobbly barrel etc etc. All high quality parts that won’t tear each other to pieces after a few mags have been put through it.

Money isn’t a problem as all I seem to do at the moment is work :huh: . Ideally I would like to start with the m16 part of the system and mod that to perfection then add the m203 as the final component.

The reason I’m asking for your help is because I really have no idea which parts will be the best together. Ill be doing more research into what parts I think I should get but I really could do with some help from you guys.

Thank you

Since money is not an object - why not get the Systema M16 rifle and different cylinders for required FPS. Then buy extra mags for them ( you have to use specially Systema mags for hte rifle) and some extra batteries.

You will then have probably the best airsoft M16 you can get. It can handle basically any spring and the body/barrel connection systems etc are the most durable and strongest that I know of. After that you can basically put any M203 on it that you wish to.

The point being is that you get a rifle that will NOT break down easily and you can literally jump on it. The internals are all top notch ( no gearbox shell breakings and definetly not the gears that will break). Plus it gives a shedload of realism.

If you want the best - I suggest get the systema training rifle. It will cost about the same in the end, if you would buy a TM or CA M16, then put new outer barrel, new metal body, all the internals + gearbox shell etc.

I would suggest you start with a Classic Army or ICS Armalite, both come with metal bodies and good internals. Personally the look of the CA is better than the ICS, but the gearbox is better on the ICS than the CA.

The ICS body is very grey looking and is a fraction longer than a real steel armalite, whereas the CA one is the right colour and dimensions but has odd Trademarks. If its true realism you crave, then you could well scratch build one of your choice.

The design of the ICS gearbox is better because you can remove the spring without having to take the gears apart, but the CA one is just an upgraded version 2.

Both should be durable enough to handle a 1J spring, and as and when things do give way in the fullness of time, just replace the bits then.

As for the 203, if you want the proper M16 look, you need to find one that has the foregrip attachment (the one with the holes). The Sun Project M203 fits the bill quite nicely. That is unless you want a RIS system too, then you can fit any of the RIS version 203's.

I would avoid the Marui M203's unless you want a 3 round burst shot gun rather than a KABOOM M203.

As for scratch built.

Systemma gearbox

Sun Project M203

Motor of some description

one peice outer barrel (Guarder or Classic Army)

tightbore inner barrel

Guarder/HurricanE/G&P metal body (hundreds to choose from) should come with a Metal hop unit too.

a Stock (CA or similar)

Foresight, again, your choice.

Carry Handle (if a seperate item to the reciever)

any odds and ends as you see fit.

Check out WGC and browse the accesories bit.

Since money is not an object - why not get the Systema M16 rifle and different cylinders for required FPS. Then buy extra mags for them ( you have to use specially Systema mags for hte rifle) and some extra batteries. 

You will then have probably the best airsoft M16 you can get. It can handle basically any spring and the body/barrel connection systems etc are the most durable and strongest that I know of. After that you can basically put any M203 on it that you wish to. 

The point being is that you get a rifle that will NOT break down easily and you can literally jump on it. The internals are all top notch ( no gearbox shell breakings and definetly not the gears that will break). Plus it gives a shedload of realism. 

If you want the best - I suggest get the systema training rifle. It will cost about the same in the end, if you would buy a TM or CA M16, then put new outer barrel, new metal body, all the internals + gearbox shell etc.

Also, if you want a diffrent spring or nozzle, all you have to do is change out a cyclner that hold everything.

since you already have a CQB-ish weapon, go for an m16. go with a bushmaster, i know iFUBAR is making his CA M15A4 into one. As for me, I'm getting my SPR/A soon from G&P, and yes they are the company i trust most for quality. and fair pricing.

a custom gun is nice. if you want an all around weapon, get this

-TM M4A1 New type

-G&P SEAL Team Metal Body

-Systema GearBox

-Samurai SIR System

then either of these two stocks:

a G&G GR16 Sopmod stock

or

a real MagPul Stock

I was going to make something like that but ended up with the SPR cause I already had a 3-9x50 scope. very good looking with an aimpoint though.

-1cem4n

I would suggest you start with a Classic Army or ICS Armalite, both come with metal bodies and good internals. Personally the look of the CA is better than the ICS, but the gearbox is better on the ICS than the CA.

The ICS body is very grey looking and is a fraction longer than a real steel armalite, whereas the CA one is the right colour and dimensions but has odd Trademarks. If its true realism you crave, then you could well scratch build one of your choice.

The design of the ICS gearbox is better because you can remove the spring without having to take the gears apart, but the CA one is just an upgraded version 2.

Both should be durable enough to handle a 1J spring, and as and when things do give way in the fullness of time, just replace the bits then.

As for the 203, if you want the proper M16 look, you need to find one that has the foregrip attachment (the one with the holes). The Sun Project M203 fits the bill quite nicely. That is unless you want a RIS system too, then you can fit any of the RIS version 203's.

I would avoid the Marui M203's unless you want a 3 round burst shot gun rather than a KABOOM M203.

As for scratch built.

any odds and ends as you see fit.

Check out WGC and browse the accesories bit.

Isnt the ca body a bit too tall?

I would also agree with all those who suggested the WGC custom, excellent price for an excellent weapon. I'm tempted myself. :D

All WGC Custom AEG base on:

- G&P 7mm Reinforced Gearbox

- Reinforced Polycarbonate Piston

- Bearing Spring Guide

Fitted with G&P High Quality M16A1 Metal Body

M16A2 Metal Front Set with One Piece Barrel to enjoy the Reality and Heavy Weight!

G&P Solid Stock

G&P Enhanced Pistol Grip with Heat Sink to reduce overheat problem.

G&P M16 130Rds Magazine ensure feeding BB with smooth & fast

G&P M203 Grenade Launcher capable to shoot 40mm airsoft cartidges ( Not Included )

G&P M203 Upper Handguard

G&P M203 Carry Handle Sight

Specifications:

Built Material - Metal & ABS

Gear Box - Version 2

Motor - Marui EG700

Magazine - 130 Rounds ( 6mm )

Length - 987mm

Weight - 4050g

Muzzle Velocity - 330-360FPS with 0.2g BB

Battery - 8.4V Large Type ( 2000mah or above/ Not Included )

Package includes ( AEG, Magazine, Manual, Rail Cover x2 )

COST:

The weapon: US$525.00

gallery_7026_347_43176.jpg

Thank you for support!

And I still vote for the Systema PTW. It is worth every penny. On the other hand those wgc customs can and WILL brake more easily - both internals as well as the body/barrel/stock.

Ive had a look at the WGC M16A1 with m203 and that is almost exactly what Im looking for!

However I am sceptical(almost to the point of straight forward refusal really) about buying from a foreign country, especially one that is the other side of the world!

As that WGC custom gun is almost what I am looking for, I have emailed airsoft armoury and zero one asking if they will build a custom gun for me and if they could give me a rough quote for how much it would cost to build that(or a very similar gun). Im hoping they reply. There are a few things that I would change from the WGC gun, but all are minor things that I know could be done.

Are there any other UK based retailers that I could contact with my demands?

Once again thanks for the advice this far.

Smith, don't be silly. Regardless of which airsoft gun you choose, you're buying from 'the other side of the world'. Funny enough, shipping from HK is faster than domestic more often than you'd expect.

The WGC custom is great, as are the Systema PTWs... it's all a question of funds. It's best to call places like AA and Z1 since they seem to take ages to reply to e-mails. Also try FireSupport and Wolf Armouries. It's simply not worth the money though having them build you one, except for maybe the warranty (AA has a 1year one).

Systema do NOT make an M16a2 - the carry handle is not fixed on any of thier versions.

http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/product/...sp?prodID=19552

The G&P would be an excellent choice, since you seem like you would be building this gun, then it woud be easy for you to change out the tapet plate and anyother parts that might be troublesome.

If you end up with a systema complete gearbox i would recomend stripping it and checking shimming. Mine was extremely tight.

Yes I know that ultimately most parts from most guns come from the other side of the world, the thing that doesnt come from the other side of the world is a 6month/1year warranty, help and advice on the end of a fone and an address/shop to actually take the gun to if it develops any fault.

But anyway.

I got a reply from zero 1 today with reguards to making my gun. Basically all I asked for was a rough quote as to how much it would cost to build the WGC custom gun.

Responce:

Yes we could build anything you require.

We’ve had a look and it would cost roughly £600 to build one totally from parts, we could probably make this much cheaper by using a Marui M16A2 as a basis and fitting an M203 and Metal Body which would bring it down to £500 – or, even cheaper still take the ICS M16A3 as the basis which is already fully upgraded inside and out – gives you the metal body already, and all you would need to fit is the M203 – total cost £375 (gun + M203).

Firstly, all respect to them. They could have told me it was £600 and left it at that, but they have included alternative ways of building the gun that cost a bit less.

Heres my thoughts on it now. As this is my dream gun, I am looking for fantasticly awesome asthetics(sp?...looks...) If I were to use the ICS body as a base and add the m203 and handguard, would it look as good/accurate or worse as opposed to me using the G&P parts?

When they say the ICS is already fully internally and externally upgraded, how fully do they actually mean? Ideally, I would probably get a systema or similar gearbox put in because they are the best from the way I see it but is the stock ICS gearbox already of this quality? How is it externally upgraded?

Do the ICS models suffer from barrel wobble like the TM M16's? Would having G&P parts eliminate this?

Think a bit more research is in order. And sorry if it seems im flogging a dead horse here, but I only want to research this thoroughly and ask the opinions of people probably more experienced than myself for advice :(

Archived