Metal gear 3, Snake Setup?

chunK

Ok, Once I get my hands on FA-MAS I needs me new gear, I'm using a big crappy camo jacket and camo trousers with crappy rigger boots just now,.. and its crappy :angry:

So, I'm quite a big fan of MGS and snakes configuration looks pretty good in MGS3, nice and light, And I quite like the Vietnam style of equipment,

So if anyone could pinpoint the pieces of equipment (and/or show bits that are practically the same and/or was also used in vietnam) it would be a massive help ^w^

For non-fans of MGS I'll root around for pics of snake.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from memory its 2 alice mag pouches (m14 i think), 1 canteen, one moden butt pack (with clips instead of buckels) and a leather 1911 holster. there might be some pistol mag pouches i cant remember. the harness is custom it'd probably be easy to make from seat belt webbing and for camo pretty much anything you like.

from memory its 2 alice mag pouches (m14 i think), 1 canteen, one moden butt pack (with clips instead of buckels) and a leather 1911 holster. there might be some pistol mag pouches i cant remember. the harness is custom it'd probably be easy to make from seat belt webbing and for camo pretty much anything you like.

Perfect ^w^ Exactly what I was looking for!

for the gloves you'd be better off using normal ones with the first 2 fingers cut down. for the sleves i'd guess at it being a long sleved top underneath. i'd probably use one of the long sleved tops from 5.11 tactical a bit like this one

yup tiger stripe rocks. i think flecktarn might have some. but for the mgs3 look you can use OD, US woodland, choc chip, black, desert tiger stripe, DPM, flecktarn and auscam. theres also the made up camo from the game.

i missed a pouch off the kit list theres also a radio pouch. i dont know if theres any alice ones but i have seen a molle one so with malice clips it'd fit to a belt.

chunK if you do get a harness made up will you let me know coz i'm thinking of doing a mgs3 loadout when i get myself an m16a1/vn

The under armour thing he wears is visible in its' entirety at the end of the game, when he's sat in the lounge listening to Eva's tape and smoking a cigar, he's got that, his gloves and his tiger stripe pants on.

I've always wondered what it is, but a 5.11 shirt would probably be the best option for it.

I used to use my grey fleece hoodie and a 95 DPM jacket with the sleeves rolled up to try and do a 'Snake' :D

Nice topic, I'm pretty into MGS myself! I do have one question though, does anyone know what type of mask Snake uses in the opening sequence of MGS3? It's a oxygen mask that Snake used for his HALO jump, but I've been searching and talking with Skydivers, but I can't seem to find the model thats closest to it. Does anyone know anything similar to it or the actual thing?

Nice topic, I'm pretty into MGS myself! I do have one question though, does anyone know what type of mask Snake uses in the opening sequence of MGS3? It's a oxygen mask that Snake used for his HALO jump, but I've been searching and talking with Skydivers, but I can't seem to find the model thats closest to it. Does anyone know anything similar to it or the actual thing?

it was probably something the game designers made up like snake and raiden's scuba masks from mgs 1&2.

all of my heroes have mullets...

airsoft cosplay eh? cool

closest to the gloves i've seen would be the newer black s95 gloves (british issue) since they have the straps on them. easy enough to cut the fingers.

underarmour shirts would work. a few of the guys i work with use them. they're expensive, but would look the part and are tried and tested in combat. zeroone had a special forces throat mic system thats about spec for a snake job. and i think if you start now you could get a head start on the beard ;)

good luck mate. give us some pics when you're done!

Archived