Cheap Loaners

Victory

What would you guys consider the best loaners out there? For around $100, that is.

I will need M4 styled and AK-47 styled loaners, so I was thinking a UTG AK-47, and the AIM M4.

What do you guys think about these being loaners? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

-Vic

As in to lend out to your friends?

I would recommend the new cyma guns. CM027J (mp5j) and the CM028 (ak47). A few people at skirmish had them today and they seemed to be holding out just fine, even against the upgraded guns.

The UTG and AIM guns have got some quite good feedback too.

As in guns that are loaned out to people. What we would call rental guns in the UK.

As for what to use I'd recommend TM AK47 and CA M15s The metal body does add to their survivabilty.

Yes but TM ak47's and CA m15's are pretty hard to pick up for $100 aren't they? He's talking about 100$ and you are recommending excellent guns, however they cost double that or whatever.

i wouldnt buy any, i'd tell the cheap bastards to buy their own guns :P

but seeing as your nice and want to buy guns to lend to people the aim/top m4 and utg aeg's are good choices

Yes but TM ak47's and CA m15's are pretty hard to pick up for $100 aren't they?  He's talking about 100$ and you are recommending excellent guns, however they cost double that or whatever.

It depends what sort of life he's expecting to get out of them. For $100 he could get a cheap gun that works but snaps in half the first time someone trips up with it. I'm working on what I've been told by Minimiman he shelled out a bit more but the guns have lasted a lot longer than cheaper plastic versions therefore saving him money in the long term.

It depends what sort of life he's expecting to get out of them. For $100 he could get a cheap gun that works but snaps in half the first time someone trips up with it.  I'm working on what I've been told by Minimiman he shelled out a bit more but the guns have lasted a lot longer than cheaper plastic versions therefore saving him money in the long term.

I see what you are saying. Although as I say a fair few people were using cyma 027j's and 028's that were holding out perfectly fine.

it also depends on how there going to be used. if its for proper site rentals then tm, ca & ics would be a better choice but if its just to lend to friends then the cheaper ones would be better. they could even be sold on to the friends if they decide to take up airsoft.

I was thinking of doing something like this to get some of my friends into airsoft, some guns I were thinking about were the Well G3 SAS and airsoft atlanta was having a deal on two UTG Ak47's for $200, but i don't think they are anymore

affordableairsoft.com has the bim4.

it is an m4 w/ detachable carry handle, RIS, and regular hand guards, fake PEQ(battery box), forward pistol grip (tac grip), 3pt sling, battery, trickle charger,metal flattop rail, metal 68rd mag, metal 300 rd mag (i think, may be the 450). works perfectly well with CA/TM/ICS accessories, and mags, even star mags fit nicely. Also has a metal outerbarrel, and adjustable hopup. very big pain in the *albatross* to take apart and upgrade, but shoots like a UTG mp5 ver.2 out of the box *so may not actually need up'd for what you want. approx. $104 shipped.

I like it very much

*it also comes with a shotgun style m203 (which is a battery holder/can me modified to hold largetype) and a collapsable stock and crane stock.

affordableairsoft.com has the bim4.

it is an m4 w/ detachable carry handle, RIS, and regular hand guards, fake PEQ(battery box), forward pistol grip (tac grip), 3pt sling, battery, trickle charger,metal flattop rail, metal 68rd mag, metal 300 rd mag (i think, may be the 450). works perfectly well with CA/TM/ICS accessories, and mags, even star mags fit nicely. Also has a metal outerbarrel, and adjustable hopup. very big pain in the *albatross* to take apart and upgrade, but shoots like a UTG mp5 ver.2 out of the box *so may not actually need up'd for what you want. approx. $104 shipped.

I like it very much

*it also comes with a shotgun style m203 (which is a battery holder/can me modified to hold largetype) and a collapsable stock and crane stock.

http://www.affordableairsoft.com/BOYI_BIM4.../a11-ch3181.htm

Hmm...that seems to be a pretty good deal for what you get. I just my try that out.

Assess the likelihood of these friends buying their own guns in the near future: if its almost certain they will buy something they can use themselves then you could get good guns (proper AEGs nots LPEGs) so you will still have good guns for yourself after they have bought their own. 'Tis a matter of calculation.

If they ain't got jobs and ain't gonna be able, or willing, to stump up the cash for their own guns then you're better off getting some cr*p UTG or WELL or whatever type guns for them to use & abuse so they only stand a chance of busting guns that you know aren't that great and won't make you cry if they get snapped into little shiny pieces.

Harsh but true dude. I lend out anywhere from 2-15 guns every time we skirmish and thats up to £2000-worth of stuff thats at risk, every single damned Sunday...

I know what its like to pay for hundreds of pounds worth of your friend's mistakes, all after you did them all a favour in the first place by inviting them along and providing them with equipment to save their sorry arses some money, so yeah you do not want to be a martyr for them and their own avarice dude, take note here :)

I think lots of people have it implanted in their brains that CYMA = CHEAP POOR LPEGS. This is simply not the case now. They may have a higher lemon rate than TM's and might not last as long but thats what warranties are for. Also they cost half as much as a TM version so if they do break while loaning them out, as evilhippy says its no huge loss, and the majority of them take aftermarket TM parts anyway so fixing them should not be too much of a problem (unless its something really serious).

said it before...will say it again

i have two of the CYMA cm27 (mp5j)

i have kept one as stock. i used it for a bit on saturday when we had pistol game and i didnt have enough gas so i used the mp5 with 10 star mags. the range was very suprising and usable in teh field

the other one i put a solid stock on an upgraded slightly to 320FPS with a large 8.4v battery, again holding up fine

i wouldnt hesitate to lend out the solid stock one to ppl, its solid as heck with the stock and has a nice ROF

the sliding stock tends to break though (i broke 2 sliding stocks already) so i have a spare solid stock to swap on for lending that out as well

Archived