Would I be sinning against nature...

SACSlym

...to go ahead with doing this?

phantom1.jpg

^First config, actually have an end cap in the mail. Otherwise Id have to do some basic body changes to make it secure, although honestly it fits on its own pretty easily, only con is either I remove the cocking mechanism, or mod the foregrip to accept it.

phantom2.jpg

^Second more difficult config, but also possible.

Should I give it a wing in the upcoming weeks?

actually the endcap is in the mail mostly as i plan to just sling the gun on my back so it can be a smaller back up. Plus I will use a Li-Poly in it so it im not worried about battery life. It was when i turned around and saw the foregrip for the g36 near my mp5 about an hour ago that it hit me how well they would go together.

As for retractable, well I hate to be obsessive, but I just dont like the way they look on a mp5 :unsure:

woooo, im definately doing this once the owner of the g36c gives me the parts to make it into a k, I get to keep the c parts :). The major reason I say woooo though is because I threw on a vert grip and fired it from my hip... god damn is it hot just to look at...

Go for it mate. At the very least it'll be unique!

My Custom MP5 looks kinda funky actualy (ICS endcap with M4 stock atm, more to come... I hope), and this looks quite good.

I love seeing unique MP5's around!

Ok quick Picture update for those interested,

airsoft011.jpg

Im looking into basic easy ways to secure the foregrip without heavy modification, at this point i simply have used the holes for the RIS to send a screw through grip, over the barrel and out the other side of the grip secured by a nut. This stops the grip from sliding off. However at this point it is a bit unwise for field use as it applies a bit more pressure then id like on the inner barrel, and also puts the foregrip on a bit more of an angle making it harder to attach a flashhider. One of the main methods I will be looking into is using the threading in the cocking tube as a way to screw a larger headed face over the front of grip, giving it enough pressure to keep it moving forward or backward at all. Otherwise this is how it looks slung

airsoft009.jpg

To be honest though my pictures dont do it justice.

well at this point theres no securing mechanism for a flashhider, but if I do replicate one it will most likely work to also secure the grip. However the actual flash hider it self will come last as, in all, its just looks, so ill take my time choosing one =)

I did this a while back but with a benelli foregrip and a XM117E2 flashhider, to secure mine I ran pvc pipe from the base of the barrel to flashhider it kept it from sliding around. then I just drilled holes into the main body and ran 2 small wood screws in on each side.

in your case you can run a giant hex screw through the cocoking tube on the top to secure it and 2 smaller wood screws going into the body.

I like it, it's pretty slick looking and it's still all H&K parts. It's nice to have a unique and functional MP5. Not sure how I would go about attaching it tho, maybe make up some sort of mounting block to go on the front of the MP5 that fits the grip nicely, and move the grip a little further forward.

what size inner barrel are you using? also how far does it stick out from the original front sight of the mp5k?

Its a standard MP5 barrel, ICS stock to be exact, so around 229mm. Bear in mind the Base gun for this project is a ICS MP5A4. As for the actual length it sticks out, id have to have it assembled at the moment, which I dont since I temporarily switched back to the A4 design for a CQB game, but id guess around an inch, enough though that the original mp5 flash hider would fit over it perfectly and into the foregrip (covering it up nicely), if it could in fact fit over the front opening's lip.

I'd say get the UMP stock aswell.

It's weird how it makes the front end look like an MP7 :)

Haha, when I first saw it I was thinkin mp7 as well...weird.

Anyway, I kinda like it, but I agree with what someone mentioned earlier, I think an mp5 PDW side folder type stock would look cool...but thats just my opinion, and it would cost money, and you already have that stock...haha

keep us posted

Archived