BOYI M4 RIS Socom rifle

Well as part of our series on why cheap guns arnt ###### I thought I would show you all my latest purchase.

From Airsoft shooter it cost £39.45, the gun was £32.95 and the postage of 24 hours Parcelforce was £6.50 (even though it took 48 hours as Gunlady said in the other thread :P )

When I got it out, the box looked nice, it looked like an expensive TM one, it was well packaged, and wrapped in celophane.

Picture007.jpg

The stock had to be put, this so far was the only problem the stock was a little too tight, I had to undo the bolt and it was fine, perhaps done a little too tight the stock extends in 4 positions, a nice length. The manual was a good quality one, it was full of spelling mistakes lost in translation I suppose but I understood it clearly, the illustrations were clear and easy to follow.

Picture008.jpg

Heres the rifle it self, in the pack it came with a nice little blue tactical light you have to put the batterys in, the gun comes with everything even a little screw driver for tightning screws. There is also a 'tactical sling' which is off reasonable quality, a speed loader is provided for refills.

Picture003.jpg

The dosnt feel cheap, its made of ABS and good plastic, I thought it was real metal, the weight feels realistic as well, nothing ratles which is another good sign. I got 1000 bbs free, the yellow ones seem better quality than the gray ones, them seem to of the 0.12 g area which means it sometimes spurts out 2 at once so perhaps 0.2 g ones could be used for accuary, heres what I got in the package, saftey googles very important.

Picture006.jpg

Fireing the gun was something nerve racking, this is my first electric as I'm a total newbie to all this, the battery is a 8.4 v Lithium, it says charge on first go for 12 hours I might buy a new charger as it looks cheap. The battery is mountable to the RIS system which is cool, heres it in the case.

Picture011.jpg

Overall this gun is a very good learning gun, perhaps for back yard battles or for those who just can't afford expensive gear, I would rate this gun 9/10 its an excellent buy I thank Alex at Airshooter for his good delivery and excellent products

Heres a last shot of how I like it set up with my bipod. I'm not to sure if I can take it apart which is I know what you want becase you want to see it naked, perhaps someone else who is a little more wise up than me can do it.

Picture005.jpg

Hope you enjoy my first review of this excellent cheap gun, thankyou.

• 3 months later...