HK 416 kit by hurricane

nobody

Its now available from WGC

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=HE-KIT-41601

I dont care if the stock's different than the real steel. Thats the AEG i want to go to war with.

hearing that has just made my day, clicking on the link and seeing the price however hasnt.

£260 + a motor, gearbox, barrel and reciver furnature just seems too much to me.

i think i'll scratch build one using the Guarder body and various other parts. it wont be 100% acurate but it'll be cheaper.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear numpties,

all the retailers I have looked at clearly give a list of the parts that come with the Hurricane HK416 KIT. They all state it is a kit not a complete AEG. The Hurricane doesn't come with an ejection port door as it is designed to be fitted to a donor AEG and use the existing one. The real steel has an ejection port cover.

I also have a Hurricane M4D body. No this does not have an ejection port door or even fitting to accept one. I believe this is correct to the real steel.

If people insist on commenting on a topic without first bothering to:

read the manufacturers or retailers advert

look at the many published pictures

or have any common sense

they shouldn't even consider taking an AEG apart to fit this kit on to.

Now *fruitcage* off.

PS.

Package does NOT include (and is required for operation):

- Type II Gear Box

- M4 / M16 Magazine

- M4 / M16 Motor

- Hop-up Rubber Set

- Inner Barrel

- M4 / M16 Receiver Parts:

Ejection Port Cover Set

Cocking Handle

Trigger Guard Assembly

Bolt Stop

Safety Selector Lever

Magazine Catch Assembly

Trigger

This list was provided by WAr-4. Hope its helps.

..er.... also battery, bb's, eye protection, charger.........

hearing that has just made my day, clicking on the link and seeing the price however hasnt.

£260 + a motor, gearbox, barrel and reciver furnature just seems too much to me.

i think i'll scratch build one using the Guarder body and various other parts. it wont be 100% acurate but it'll be cheaper.

It will look nothing like it, at all.

Dear numpties,

all the retailers I have looked at clearly give a list of the parts that come with the Hurricane HK416 KIT. They all state it is a kit not a complete AEG. The Hurricane doesn't come with an ejection port door as it is designed to be fitted to a donor AEG and use the existing one. The real steel has an ejection port cover.

I also have a Hurricane M4D body. No this does not have an ejection port door or even fitting to accept one. I believe this is correct to the real steel.

If people insist on commenting on a topic without first bothering to:

read the manufacturers or retailers advert

look at the many published pictures

or have any common sense

they shouldn't even consider taking an AEG apart to fit this kit on to.

Now *fruitcage* off.

Whoa.......certain people need to keep up here......this isn't about being so stupid we are surprised that the kit doesn't come with a "door"! ........People on this forum are not morons!

I think people KNOW that the "little parts" dont come with THE KIT......Lord! The real question/observation/debate has been over the fact that the NEW VERSION HK 416 MODEL RECEIVER BY HURRICANE now FACILITATES an ejection port door LIKE THE REAL ONE and is an ENTIRELY new casting - including the raised top rail to create the whole monolothic back bone.

I say GOOD JOB Hurricane - for not just rushing some "pieced together" 416 kit using the original HKM4 body - which up until now, did NOT facilitate an ejection port door, like the real steel version..........Hurricane has got it right, and it looks GREAT!

eventually it'll look alot like FarEast's HK416D which while not being exactly like the real steel 416D is still a good looking piece of kit

Seconded, that's a smart looking AEG - it's close as to whether I like it more than the 416 kit or not :o .

Just been doing some quick sums and the Hurricane kit is starting to look like good value for money. The reciver, RIS and grip on FarEast's version comes out only slightly less than the 416 kit. As I don't have a donor M4, it may be the best way to go.

H.

Whoa.......certain people need to keep up here......this isn't about being so stupid we are surprised that the kit doesn't come with a "door"! ........People on this forum are not morons!

I think people KNOW that the "little parts" dont come with THE KIT......Lord! The real question/observation/debate has been over the fact that the NEW VERSION HK 416 MODEL RECEIVER BY HURRICANE now FACILITATES an ejection port door LIKE THE REAL ONE and is an ENTIRELY new casting - including the raised top rail to create the whole monolothic back bone.

I say GOOD JOB Hurricane - for not just rushing some "pieced together" 416 kit using the original HKM4 body - which up until now, did NOT facilitate an ejection port door, like the real steel version..........Hurricane has got it right, and it looks GREAT!

I am keeping up.

1) There are posts buy people asking what parts were included.

The advert for the kit states which parts are included and has a pretty good picture showing them. These indiviuals are either to lazy to check for themselves or to stupid to take in the obvious.

2) There are also people who wonder why parts are not part of the gun.

They would seem unable to grasp the concept of a CONVERSION KIT.

I would suggest that people falling into one or other (or both) of the above groups fulfill the requirements of moronhood. They are also posting on Arnie's. Therefore there are in fact morons on Arnie's airsoft. :o *fruitcage* me that's surprising.

Sometimes it is hard to argue against those who disparage this fine institution as a home for simpletons & children when things like this happen.

"Waht am bestest ........." Oh dear.

I quite agree, Hurricane have done a good job. I have the afore mention HK M4D body & used there M4a1 receiver for years. Both excellent, I'm hoping the HK416 kit lives up to those standards.

*Awaiting parcel*

Bye bye. TWK.

I think the kit looks fantastic too..

However, I don't have the time nor the knowledge to put this thing together from scratch. I am thinking that UNC or someone similar probably will come out with a "custom" version of the HK416; this kit fully assembled with all necessary parts.

Does anyone have an idea of what this might cost? What is the total price of the parts needed to make this kit into a complete rifle? Also, is there any chance that I can use the Forward Armoury VLTOR battery stock on this kit? The stock is the only thing that bothers me about it.

On a side note, is it technically hard to assemble this kit from scratch? If I figured out all parts I will need, does it require skills to assemble it?

Thanks

I understand from the pictures on WGCSHOP that the Hurrican Kit offers a possibility to have a barrel extension so u can have more of a carbine than a cqb length. One discrepany i find is that the front sight post offered for the standard length(CQB) depicted is innacurate as the real 416 with CQB length has a front site that sits on the rail rather than the fold down sight depicted, which is standard on the carbine. As far as i can tell the aformentioned front rail sight is not offered with the kit. Plus the stock offered is cute but not realistic either, as the "standard" 416 that hk makes uses a stock exactly like the normal 4 position m4 stock, though it is compatible with most if not all stocks that fit on a regular m4/m16 reciever. Sorry for being a purist, but i like my HK's done easy over, not scrambled.

Seconded, that's a smart looking AEG - it's close as to whether I like it more than the 416 kit or not :o .

Just been doing some quick sums and the Hurricane kit is starting to look like good value for money. The reciver, RIS and grip on FarEast's version comes out only slightly less than the 416 kit. As I don't have a donor M4, it may be the best way to go.

H.

when i worked out the cost to make up one similar to FE's version it came out at $518 which is more than the hurricane kit but it does include a battery worth about £30 and doesnt have to be bought all in one go.

Umm just noticed that Guns n Guys actually has one such "complete custom" HK416D rifle for sale, using the HurricanE kit. They do not supply much information, but check it out here http://www.gunsnguys.com/home_ns.htm.

Its $6000 HKD, which is about $770 USD, I guess thats reasonable.

I will wait for VFC HK416. They say the price will not more them VFC AKS-74UN. So I guess the price are around $475.00 only.

I understand from the pictures on WGCSHOP that the Hurrican Kit offers a possibility to have a barrel extension so u can have more of a carbine than a cqb length. One discrepany i find is that the front sight post offered for the standard length(CQB) depicted is innacurate as the real 416 with CQB length has a front site that sits on the rail rather than the fold down sight depicted, which is standard on the carbine. As far as i can tell the aformentioned front rail sight is not offered with the kit. Plus the stock offered is cute but not realistic either, as the "standard" 416 that hk makes uses a stock exactly like the normal 4 position m4 stock, though it is compatible with most if not all stocks that fit on a regular m4/m16 reciever. Sorry for being a purist, but i like my HK's done easy over, not scrambled.

This has already been pointed out. What you say is true but it's still a pretty accurate copy. If you want purity then use the 12" barrel configuration & change the stock.

I think the Hurricane kit's stock is probably a little bit of a compromise to allow the stock to hold a decent battery. I currently have a some G&P LE type battery stocks that are much closer to in dimensions to previous CA/Guarder ones but they require very specific batteries & aren't the most user friendly.

The stock I like to use the most is a RS Vltor modstock but that means you have to fit the battery somewhere else, in my case a 10.8v in a PEQ housing. I sure we will shortly see real steal HK416's fitted with after market stocks so it's not a major issue.

As to the gas block foresight on the 10.5" barrel I sure a simple mod can be done to alter this. I have also seen a picture of a real steel 10.5" barrelled 416 that appears to have the fore sight from a 12" barrel.

Posted before. It's apparently the real HK416. The front folding sight post has just been removed from the fitting you can make out the pin hole & notches for the sight post.

Regards, TWK.

Good find with the HK417 stock Revelations.

On the subject of good finds, who says you can't get the right magazines...

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...STAR%20Magazine

I would have thought one of you gun nuts getting picky on the stocks would know that the improved magazine was first developed during the L85 upgrade programme....

Archived