G&P ACOG (4x) Review

Just search for ACOG and sift through the junk.

In short, old ACOG's had trouble keeping it's zero. New ones seem to have remedied this. Also, they apparently have very short eye relief. Other than that, they are fabulastic if you want a 4x zoom ACOG (since G&P is the only one who makes an affordable replica of the $1000+ real deal Trijicon).

Very short eye relief, as has the real one (apparently). Very, very, VERY solid indeed. Seems to keep its zero fine. Nice crisp reticule and clear lenses.

I really like mine, although I'm not sure if they're worth the £120 or whatever they cost new (I got mine second-hand :)).

• 1 month later...

Solid, not water proof unless you find an Oring to put in the empty groove thats on the scope. Holds zero fine though I never tested how accurate it is exactly cos I had a little CQBR.

It has the same internal optics design as the real one, except for illuminated crosshairs. Has a very short eye relief. In theory It should take recoil. I took mine apart for fun.

Problem with mine (1st gen version) was that the QD mounts were not casted correctly and hence the scope was tilted to the right, which means if I use the crosshair as a point of reference the BBs would curve left.

Funny that I removed the OD mounts and screwed it into the carrying handle and it was fine.

• 1 year later...

G&P 4x35 ACOG

This is my review of the G&P Laser Product's 4x35 ACOG.

Let me start off by saying that G&P is the only company that makes this particular replica ACOG. Everyone makes the 4x32, but I needed the 4x35, for an affordable price without getting the real deal, so G&P was my only option.

Packaging:

The ACOG comes in a plain wite box with a sticker in the middle saying:

G&P Laser Products

On the bottom right hand corner, there is a sticker that says:

4x35 ACOG.

Getting Closer:

Upon opening the box, you are faced with bubble rap. Take that apart and behold, the beautiful scope.

The Scope:

It is FULL METAL and has a nice finish. It is one solid chunk of metal and has the dummy fiber optic cable that runs from the right side of the top adjuster to the end of the scope. The adjustment nobs came very stiff and took a while to loosen up, but now they work smoothly. Sadly the scope has no lense covers, but the real one doesn't either, so it is faithful to the real deal. Although it does not have real steel trademarks (Trijicon), it makes up for in quality, looks, and rigidness.

One thing I did notice is imperfections in the scope EVERYWHERE. There are these weird indents on thes sides, messed up mold seams, and so on. I don't know if the real one has those either, but I am neutral on this one.

The Reticule:

The reticule inside the G&P 4x35 ACOG is a BAC triangle type. The triangle is completely filled in. Sadly though, it does not have illumination like the real steel. It is a nice clear picture though and would probably be very easy to quickly aquire targets. Below the triangle, there is the other stuff:

img2862jw2.jpg

Goodies That I Noticed:

The front lense is coated with the stuff that the Trijicon scope is coated with to deflect light making it easier to see through. This is a big plus. It is also easy to mount onto a standard 20mm rail. No need for screws, just unscrew the circular locks, place the scope on the rail, and tighten. Easy as that.

Pros:

- FULL METAL

- Fake fiber optic cable

- Easy to mount

- Solid and heavy

- Very realistic

- Has special coating on front lense to deflect light

Cons:

- Weird imperfections everywhere

- No illumination:

Kind of a disappointment considering it was a $135 scope. Star had no problem illuminating theres...

Conclusion:

This is one fantastic ACOG. It is rugged, durable, and the lense picture is very clear. Although it has no illumination, it is still a very good scope. This would be a very good scope for anyone to use. It's practical and very realistic. I highly recommend it.

Overall: 9/10

Edited by OverKiller93
That reticule looks really small! Have you tried this thing out in low/moderate light conditions? How does it perform?

Yeah, it his hard to see when it is almost night, but during the day and a little during sunset, it is very clear. I highly recommend it.

Just a note, you need a flathead screwdriver to adjust the scope, but it is very easy to adjust.

• 4 weeks later...

I got myself one of these not too long ago, pretty impressed with it although as someone has said its not REALLY worth the £130 price tag. Crisp optics, holds zero fine but the eye relief is a bit of a bugger if your wearing a MICH. No so much of a problem if you remove the rear iron sight but then it just wouldn't look as cool would it.

If your going to get an ACOG its worth getting the G&P one even if it is a bit over priced, I have tried a cheaper version and it was a massive pile of you know what.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...
I got myself one of these not too long ago, pretty impressed with it although as someone has said its not REALLY worth the £130 price tag. Crisp optics, holds zero fine but the eye relief is a bit of a bugger if your wearing a MICH. No so much of a problem if you remove the rear iron sight but then it just wouldn't look as cool would it.

If your going to get an ACOG its worth getting the G&P one even if it is a bit over priced, I have tried a cheaper version and it was a massive pile of you know what.

A quick question regarding eye relief, I'm using the 4x32 version of the ACOG (RCO) and the eye relief is incredibly short. Does the 4x35 version (TA11 replica) have a longer eye relief compared to the RCO version? Any idea?