Is it the new version?

Smith5

Ive just recently bought myself a classic army M15A4 rifle and first impressions are very good. Doing a bit of research has told me that they are now on version 4 of this weapon. How do I know ive got one of the latest models and not one of the older lower quality ones?

Just a thought, thanks.

Well my hop wheels are yellow and my Rifle number is around the 6000 number. Wow, I didnt think that the serial numbers on these things actually made any difference or stood for anything. That has just made this gun a whole lot cooler in my eyes :D

Thanks all

It has more to do with the trades you have. If it has Armalite trades(V4+) then it was made in the last 3 years then you are fine.

Older models, if I remember rightly have Colt markings (V1) and CA markings (V2) and again Colt (V3) or maybe that's CA(V1), Colt(V2) and CA(V3). In any case they are crappy compared to V4 and V5(see below) Armalite models.

I think you can say we're on Version 5 now because mine was a V4 (Armalite trades, 7mm bearings etc) when I bought it in Feb '04.

Now we have the CQBR, for example, which has new internal additions/'colours' and therefore I would class it as a V5.

I believe the serial numbers have very little to do with it.

Archived