ATTN:EVERYONE PLANNING TO BUY AIRSOFT FROM OVERSEA

warhead56k

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A bit OT - but does anyone know if the trades on a metal body (just the metal body) need to be covered up/puttied when importing into the US?

Isn't that what everyone is bitching about? :unsure:

If they're unlicensed, then the answer is absolutely yes, they need to be covered in some way.

Even more off topic: what is it with people posting threads with "XOMG!!! YOU MUST ALL READ THIS!!!" I don't want this to come across as Yank-bashing, but this is a UK forum with a strong international following. In what way does this issue affect anyone outside America?

And that's without getting into the issue of "If you live in Hong Kong, why would you be ordering overseas?" :P

:zorro:

Even more off topic: what is it with people posting threads with "XOMG!!! YOU MUST ALL READ THIS!!!" I don't want this to come across as Yank-bashing, but this is a UK forum with a strong international following. In what way does this issue affect anyone outside America?

And that's without getting into the issue of "If you live in Hong Kong, why would you be ordering overseas?" :P

MANIFEST DESTINY

Sledge, stop being such an *albatross*.

You should know that all americans are self centered, self absorbed asshats. Who cares about the rest of the world, american freedoms are in jeopardy!!!! :rolleyes:

"Dumb redneck yank" is a tripartite oxymoron. ;)

Edit ~ Spolling errur.

Well, the first two cancel each other out, leaving Yank.

You know, the not-so-friendly type from the North East :P

...Yes, I'm from the South. Got a problem with it? Go home and die.

Okay to stay on topic I'd like to add that this might be already the standard, last year when I ordered a glock from eHobby Asia the orange came off with no fuss, this year I order a baby hi-capa for my bro and they super glue the plastic orange tip to the thing

Am I sad that they are clamping down and ruining my guns? Yes.

Am I happy they are finally caring to clamp down on something? Yes.

At some level I feel if my fake airsoft replica cant get through without scruitny a real weapon wont be able also, well at least I hope not <_<

If redwolf had been doing you a favour they'd have come up with and used a decent method of trademark masking and a decent method of applying a blaze orange tip that owners could easily have addressed when the gun arrived.

The guns (although not 100 percent complying with the letter of the law if examined closely) would have looked convincing enough to have had customs let them thru

instead they've now attracted the attention of US customs by using such cheap shoddy and obviously temporary fixes that customs couldnt fail to notice them.

Add to that they've probably burned any chance they had of using more convincing temporary methods (now customs are keeping an eye on their shipments for every minor indiscretion).

I'd guess their choice now is either to fully comply with the law and deface the guns permanently or to start shipping to the US under other names

I don't support any particular party. I vote for any canidate that seems to best match my feelings and beliefs...granted most of them are blantant liars, but you work with what you got.

anyway, the issue is the law, not the people who enforce it...if you HAVE to complain, complain to the right people, like your congressman or state reps, not to customs.

I've lost out to customs as well, and yes I was ###### off, but the fact is the retailer was the one at fault, not customs or myself. I eventually got a refund and bought the same gun locally. it sux that I had to waste all the time and aggravation but thats life.

this is a lol thread.

to the thread starter :

this is how it is - you're in the wrong, RW are in the wrong, and Customs are doing their job. how can you possibly expect to come out on top of this situation ?

also, "ZOMG my orange tip is stuck to my gun" is the sort of thing you might say as you stumble through your garage thats littered with black spraypaint cans.........

Uh what the heck we've always had people post stuff like this. I just ordered a gun from redwolf and it came fine as well as a teammate. Most of my flashhiders were screwed on pretty tight (required a wrench to unscrew it).

I really don't see any fault on RW's part, except for not covering up trademarks maybe...

Technically, there is no such thing as a permanent orange tip. A painted tip is no different from an orange plastic flash hider because both can be removed and replaced with a black one. If the front of the gun is painted orange, it can simply be removed chemically.

All the guns I've ordered from RW have had the trademarks very professionally removed (I've never been able to tell that they were even there). I bet RW just got lazy on a couple orders.

I'm calling that number in the morning to complain.

OK I really don't see the point of this thread. Is there a detail your possibly not telling us about? Maybe you requested not to have an orange tip yet told us you did? Comeon think about customs yeah it's against US law to not have a gun shipped with a orange tip and trademarks are questionable depending if their licensed or not but seriously I have ordered several guns in the past few days from redwolf and they've arrived fine. Stop freaking people out. If you truely had your order seized and it was all legal then redwolf will cover you. Customs should send you a letter and fax it to redwolf, if you need to call them go download skype you can call for free up to a year using skype you just need a microphone and explain the situation to redwolf.

theres nothing wrong with how redwolf puts on orange tips, either. anyone who has tried to remove it with a crescent wrench knows what I'm talking about :)

I think some people requested that the trademarks simply be taped over, or that their gun be shipped without an orange tip...

I don't request anything redwolf says they'll automatically do the requirements for the country. All my guns had orange tips, I simply remove them once they get to Florida (as it's legal in my state) although the trademarks most of the time were never covered, I think the only ones that had trademarks covered were my desert eagle (they used a sticker) and my M4 which is by G&P they covered the Knights Arms trademark with a sticker. It's not a huge deal seriously. Theres guides all over the internet but comply with laws to get the gun into the country at least.

Archived