ATTN:EVERYONE PLANNING TO BUY AIRSOFT FROM OVERSEA

warhead56k

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, they're doing it because thats their half assed attempt at bypassing UNITED STATES LAW!

It's funny how every crack down in United States history involves those who are mostly innocent and not those who violate US law out of pure malice. Those who do so out of malice, get to keep on doing so, either because US law doesn't faze them in the first place or because they're so wealthy and devious that they get 'Get Out of Jail Free' cards everytime they're brought to trial.

At some level I feel if my fake airsoft replica cant get through without scruitny a real weapon wont be able also, well at least I hope not

Why would the people who want to bring in illegal weapons use our closely guarded ports, when they can simply walk over either of our unguarded borders? Which is beside the fact that Customs engages in random sampling of the items brought through. They don't have enough time to check each and every package. This is why packages held by Customs (that is, they're being inspected) take much, much longer to reach their destination than other packages.

All of this is beside the point. Destroying a toy (a really expensive one at that) because of a half-assed attempt to bypass an archaic law that is abused regardless by everyone else is like jailing someone for laminating a One Dollar bill. Both are violations of US Federal Law and both are equally archaic and neither are worth the amount of money that it costs the Federal Government to enforce them (just imagine how much money the Government took out of your paycheck to enforce this law. Whether it was your gun or not, the Government wasted your money to pay to have a relatively harmless toy destroyed).

The problem is, ultimately, that of the US Customs, despite what many of my learn-ed fellow posters feel. It shows that the US Customs are utterly inept at pursuing the Big Fish. They are impotent in the war on terror, in keeping illegal immigrants out of the US, so what do they do? They crack down on the harmless and the innocent, so they can continue to justify their budget to Congress. Similarly, if the Secret Service were so inept, you would soon see people being arrested and prosecuted for laminating dollar bills. (And the President would probably be replacing the SS with some other agency.)

Ok, if this is true, could companies ship the slide and the rest of the gun separately with no orange/trade removal whatsoever?

It's possible but I doubt most would do that for you. I just know ordering a slide seperately it's self you don't need the orange tip as it's "not" a replica, it's just a part. I believe if the guns assembled it is required to have the orange tip. It might be a loophole though you didn't hear this from me.

Well, the first two cancel each other out, leaving Yank.

You know, the not-so-friendly type from the North East :P

...Yes, I'm from the South. Got a problem with it? Go home and die.

THANK YOU! Someone finally stood up and said it right.

I'm a Republican too, by the way :P

I would hope also a member of the NRA?

It's funny how every crack down in United States history involves those who are mostly innocent and not those who violate US law out of pure malice. Those who do so out of malice, get to keep on doing so, either because US law doesn't faze them in the first place or because they're so wealthy and devious that they get 'Get Out of Jail Free' cards everytime they're brought to trial.

At some level I feel if my fake airsoft replica cant get through without scruitny a real weapon wont be able also, well at least I hope not

Why would the people who want to bring in illegal weapons use our closely guarded ports, when they can simply walk over either of our unguarded borders? Which is beside the fact that Customs engages in random sampling of the items brought through. They don't have enough time to check each and every package. This is why packages held by Customs (that is, they're being inspected) take much, much longer to reach their destination than other packages.

All of this is beside the point. Destroying a toy (a really expensive one at that) because of a half-assed attempt to bypass an archaic law that is abused regardless by everyone else is like jailing someone for laminating a One Dollar bill. Both are violations of US Federal Law and both are equally archaic and neither are worth the amount of money that it costs the Federal Government to enforce them (just imagine how much money the Government took out of your paycheck to enforce this law. Whether it was your gun or not, the Government wasted your money to pay to have a relatively harmless toy destroyed).

The problem is, ultimately, that of the US Customs, despite what many of my learn-ed fellow posters feel. It shows that the US Customs are utterly inept at pursuing the Big Fish. They are impotent in the war on terror, in keeping illegal immigrants out of the US, so what do they do? They crack down on the harmless and the innocent, so they can continue to justify their budget to Congress. Similarly, if the Secret Service were so inept, you would soon see people being arrested and prosecuted for laminating dollar bills. (And the President would probably be replacing the SS with some other agency.)

I couldn't of said it better myself.

I feel like such a rebel with my black tips and trademarks.. :P

:gun:

:cheese:

OK I really don't see the point of this thread. Is there a detail your possibly not telling us about? Maybe you requested not to have an orange tip yet told us you did? Comeon think about customs yeah it's against US law to not have a gun shipped with a orange tip and trademarks are questionable depending if their licensed or not but seriously I have ordered several guns in the past few days from redwolf and they've arrived fine. Stop freaking people out. If you truely had your order seized and it was all legal then redwolf will cover you. Customs should send you a letter and fax it to redwolf, if you need to call them go download skype you can call for free up to a year using skype you just need a microphone and explain the situation to redwolf.

OK, I just read your post and I HAD to reply. Why the heck would I telll RW not to paint my gun when they include the original black flash hider? The orange one is screwed on tightly and needs a wrecnh to take off, as I found out when I first ordered from them months ago.

Warhead, you and some others didn't request certain things like no orange tips and trades just covered and not removed <_<

Now on to the rest of you :angry: Don't bash my country :waggle: You can say whatever you want about the laws because there's a stupid law attached to just about everything. It's sad but true. My ancestors didn't immagrate here, they were here before the problems started. I'm American Indian and proud of it :D

Woo. Ok I could be mistaken but here in California I believe that the orange tip is only required to be on your gun when in public. On private property (your own) no orange tip is required. Don't quote me on this though. I'm pretty sure I heard this somewhere though.

This thread is depressing :(

I wish asian retailers like Redwolf wouldn't make everything so complicated for us Americans :(

What what?

Its yur Customs department thats enforcing it. Guns are nto made for the American market, their made for the Japanese and Hong Kongians who dont have those laws.

If you ask on their form when you order, you can have the trades removed by them. which would probably look better than some bored gu at customs with a soldering iron.

Woo.  Ok I could be mistaken but here in California I believe that the orange tip is only required to be on your gun when in public.  On private property (your own) no orange tip is required.  Don't quote me on this though.  I'm pretty sure I heard this somewhere though.

That's true. What my airsoft group does, it hold bi-monthly airsoft "sporting events." That way, we don't need orange tips.

Calm down, this happens from time to time. It will go back to the way it was in short order.

U.S. customs occassionally clamps down when threat risks raise for whatever reason(terrorist threat, bombing, presidential mouth diarrhea, ect). Sometimes it is simply the new crew noticing something the older crew sees as unimportant or vice versa.

The gun could have come thru customs on the east coast. They see much fewer airsoft guns and are more likely to check the packages closer. Redwolf see this all the time and will adjust to the current standard in short order. They, Redwolf, want thier customers happy and will switch back when things calm down.

This has happened several time since 2000 and will happen again.

No need to be an alarmist for customs doing thier job ever once in awhile.

Diddums, a bunch of yanks wont get their trades. well i'm sure all of us here in England will be opening our hearts to you when we're sitting around unable to buy guns full stop because of our stupid reactionary labour government. my heart bleeds for you America.

SS

QFT

Americans -> most of you get the chance to buy real guns to target shoot and possibly hunt with.

Who cares if the trades are not real on a replica, wen you can buy a real one with real trades.

QFT

Americans -> most of you get the chance to buy real guns to target shoot and possibly hunt with.

Who cares if the trades are not real on a replica, wen you can buy a real one with real trades.

Apparently A LOT of people care...

Goodnight, if you want trades on your gun: BUY CLASSIC ARMY.

If you MUST have Colt trades: BUY A METAL RECEIVER.

If you don't care: GOOD DAY!

I don't mind not having real trades on my rifles, but I do mind having melted trades that destroy the look of the rifle.

Apparently A LOT of people care...

Goodnight, if you want trades on your gun: BUY CLASSIC ARMY.

If you MUST have Colt trades: BUY A METAL RECEIVER.

If you don't care: GOOD DAY!

I don't mind not having real trades on my rifles, but I do mind having melted trades that destroy the look of the rifle.

Same here, I don't care if the trademarks are generic though having real trademarks is definitely a plus. I'd rather have a gun with "no" trademarks than a gun with dremeled off trademarks. But I guess if you want to try to make a point with trademarks it's like someone who collects model cars, imagine having a replica of a mereces benz without the mercedes insigma. Ok it's not ultra important but like I said just nice to have :)

AT LEAST YOU WILL STILL HAVE GUNS IN 6 MONTHS TIME, you really aren't getting that raw a deal, many countries in mainland europe are not allowed automatic airsoft rifles, soon, the UK will not be allowed any form of replica firearm, and you're whinging about trades, count your blessings.

SS

Really? Theres a bill in Florida trying to ban airsoft so i'm in danger too.

Archived