Another moderator needed.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, Mulder, in the form of me :) is still around- I wasn't able to keep up with the modding over summer as I wasn't near a computer nearly enough of the time. am now stateside however, and near a computer practically every evening, but I dunno if I have the time for full-time modding again as I'm supposed to be writing essays ( yeah, whatever :) )

but, if mods are needed at some point in the future, I'm happy to at least think about rejoining the fold for a short stop-gap spell at least :)

And a big welcome to our new moderator - Crazy Harry.

For those of you who don't know, Harry was a moderator on the old forums (pre-Semtember 04), and did a really good job as 'Mulder'. He's a great guy and very helpful, so I'm sure everyone's going to join me in welcome him back to global moderation on the forums. :)

More moderators are also still being considered.

I could just write that I second the above comment.. but that'd be lasy :) Thanks go out to Mulder/Harry for offering to help out; and it's nice to welcome him back as a moderator to the site.

We'll add a few more guys to lower the workloads as we find suitable people, but it's not something that we'll be rushing into for the obvious reasons stated above.

No need to start up an anti-Beaker/ASCUK thing on here it's not needed and kinda irrelevant. We dont' have anything much to do with them, and they have no influence here, and things get along quite nicely like that. ;)

Ah good. Us Yanks can now take over Arnies =).

lol. :D

'... we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender ...'

Edited by oikoik

[hammy overacting mode]

Picture yourself in a boat on a river

With tangerine trees and marmalade skies

Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Cellophane flowers of yellow and green

Towering over your head

Look for the girl with the sun in her eyes

and she's gone

Lucy in the sky with diamonds!

[/hammy overacting mode]

truly a masterpiece!! i love you will shitner!

fraid not tripod old chap, I'm English, just happen to have covertly invaded the US on a K-1 visa for the purposes of taking your jobs and stealing your women (well, one of them, anyway :) )

am originally from Coventry in the West Midlands, England, now in Medford, Massachusetts.

I presume for legal reasons a mod would have to be over 18?

Scenario:

15 year old mod checks a link posted in"general discussion", link goes to a site featuring naked women domestic animals and dairy products. At that moment, parent walks in to room and says "what in tarnation is going on?".

Parent rushes to phone: "Sheriff, I jus' caugt ma boy lookin' at the most depraved filth, and he says some English guy called Arnie that he knows from the internet told him to do it"....

I presume for legal reasons a mod would have to be over 18?

Scenario:

15 year old mod checks a link posted in"general discussion", link goes to a site featuring naked women domestic animals and dairy products. At that moment, parent walks in to room and says "what in tarnation is going on?".

Parent rushes to phone: "Sheriff, I jus' caugt ma boy lookin' at the most depraved filth, and he says some English guy called Arnie that he knows from the internet told him to do it"....

And that's why nobody knows who Arnie really is. :D