Gearpedia!

HaVoC

THE GEARPEDIA

The more you guys contribute, the more it'll grow, and the more useful it'll be. I've put quite a bit of work into getting it set up right and running smoothly, checking stuff, and writing bits of FAQ regarding formatting and the like. I'd hope that, with your help (all you gear maniacs :D), it'll be a resource useful to both gear 'veterans' and gear 'newbies'.

It's hosted on the SNAFU webspace, but obviously it's available to everyone. The more people who use it, the better it will be. So please, enjoy it.

Four quick points:

1 - Please don't post copy-and-pasted text off other sites, since that's probably copyright infringement.

2 - If you upload a photo or two, please keep then less than about 170Kb in size. To insert them into entries, please use the thumbnail code to save space and help those still on 56k connections.

3 - It's not designed to replace fantastic sites like Lightfighter and Arnie's. This is mainly for definitions, not personal experiences.

4 - Abuse of the system will be dealt with swiftly. I hope I won't need to, but there are always a few idiots out there who feel the need to ruin it for everyone... ;)

Cheers, and once again, enjoy :)

EDIT: Oh yeah, it's not a commercial post in any sense of the term. I'm trying to get this going out of my own time and effort, and I'm not getting anything material from it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers :)

Which reminds me - if anyone has any constructive comments, post 'em here. Needn't be a geardo thing - if it relates to the design or something, feel free to say - the more the better.

Added two entries. The main page should have an index or something, and you should be able to have a better search system, wherein 'M23' turns up 'M23 Pioneer' instead of me having to make a seperate entry for 'M23' redirecting it

And yes, those are my two entries.

I'll have to look into doing that. It's using the same system as Wikipedia so I'm not quite sure what's possible :)

To redirect, insert this on the page you want to be redirected FROM:

#REDIRECT [[HideAway Knife]]

Replace 'HideAway Knife' with the page you want to direct TO.

Id love to help out by posting reviews and descriptions of the gear I have but you NEED to make a menu. When I first saw the site I didnt think it hand any content because of the lack of a menu, its hard to search when you dont know whats there. I'd try and do the menu for you but I dont have that kind of wikispeiance. :)

Id love to help out by posting reviews and descriptions of the gear I have but you NEED to make a menu. When I first saw the site I didnt think it hand any content because of the lack of a menu, its hard to search when you dont know whats there. I'd try and do the menu for you but I dont have that kind of wikispeiance. :)

Agreed! I only got to know what was there by looking at the lastest updates page :P

Yeah, stolen pictures are even more dubious than stolen worse ;)

You can nick the odd sentence here and there from manufacturer websites, though - just credit it :)

Cheers for the stuff so far guys, keep it coming! :D

Some good additions coming in now! :D

I've added a link to an index on the main page, too. I'll try to add one to the side navbar if possible.

Whoever is was who left that code in the Talk page, thanks ;)

Problem is, it's going to be hard to categorise a lot of things. I'm not quite sure how it's implemented, either. I know the Category tag but I'm not sure where it actually comes in.

I'm still trying to work out how to get a permanent sidebar link to the Index page of all articles. I've gone to the Special:Sidebar page, but it only appears on some pages.

EDIT: Maybe it takes some time to update all the pages or something like that. A page missing the link a minute ago now has it. Others still don't.

Added a page concerning the TRU, one concerning the Raid BDU, and editted the ACU page to include links to both, as well as the addition of the term 'ACUPAT' to the ACU page.

Alphabetized the US retailers list and added USCav to it.

Or... I did. Until some *beep* went and editted it on me and now all the alphabetization is gone. <_<

And now it's back.

Haha this is pretty good fun, I've added an ESS page and a Nomex flight glove page, as well as a 6004 page (which someone added the picture of my 6004 to, HaVoC? ;))

Yep, a photo from when it was mine ^_^

Alphabetized the US retailers list and added USCav to it.

Lol, I'll task you with keeping it alphabetical :P

Archived