I've just noticed that his username and avatar have reappeared in a search, but when I try to find specific information that I know he posted through searching by username, he still doesn't exist.

Was just curious as to what stage the replacement of missing files is. I realise neither Arnie or R22 is around, but this thread isn't going to disappear and there's no harm in leaving a note :)

As far as I can work out, Hissing Sid used to be a member, and now he isnt.

And many folks arnt that sad to see him go.

Just to warn you, there may be flaming soon

If you have no idea about a topic, please don't post. It's a bit cockish to bad mouth someone when they are not able to defend themselves, especially if you don't even know half the story.

I have no idea what Samm is talking about?  What search?  Do you have a link for the anomaly?

When you search you can specify if you want to search for posts by a specific member.

As you're aware Sid made many technical posts and I can remember that they came from him. At the moment I am unable to do this because he got completely deleted not banned and as such certain files are missing, causing everything related to his presence on the forum to be funky and slightly skew-whiff.

Alright - H_S had a temper problem and could be a real c**k at times - but he did know his stuff.

This is quite a problem too - I've been trying to find some of the posts he did about his L85 and what he did to mod it - and I cannae find em.

When you search you can specify if you want to search for posts by a specific member.

As you're aware Sid made many technical posts and I can remember that they came from him. At the moment I am unable to do this because he got completely deleted not banned and as such certain files are missing, causing everything related to his presence on the forum to be funky and slightly skew-whiff.

I am aware of that, but you said when you did a certain search his name and avatar reappeared? Which search was that?

His name would always show up in the forum index if he started a thread.

Alright - H_S had a temper problem and could be a real c**k at times - but he did know his stuff.

Well, quite. I for one was sad to see Sid go, but it was an act of neccessity. Basically what happened is that the person in command of Admin features of the time accidentally hit the "Delete User" link in the Admin console instead of the rather complicated procedure needed to alter a user's state to "Banned" when Sid stepped over the line for the last time. It was a clerical error but the intent was true. The only person with access to restore the avatar and profile info for this account (Arnie) hasn't had chance to do it yet.

Hissing_Sid had previously insulted countless users on a personal level, ensured that many users (at least 8 that I know of personally), left the forums for ever due to his hostile nature, prompted COUNTLESS users (seriously - I have lost count it is so many) to PM me personally to say that his posts made them ashamed to be Scottish and apologize on his behalf (as his profile indicated he was from the Scottish Borders), he had attacked the owners and operators of this site (including probing for technical information about the server and security precautions we take here (mysteriously follwed in the next few weeks by outages (and down-time due to hackers) and hacking attempts)), made personal insults and accusations against myself and several other moderators here (including many of our personal and business interests), and basically made a fool of himself in every possible way.

As a result he was banned (prompted by his recommendations that other users f*** off when they questioned his posts).

It is also worth noting that Arnie's Airsoft has been the most tollerant site with regard to this user (i.e. - he had previously been banned from EVERY other UK Airsoft forum before being banned from our site).

There is no doubt that the majority of his posts were helpful (and it was those posts that I will personally miss (and it was the reason why he had been granted such leniency here regarding his posting style)), but it was the unfeasably and unacceptably hostile nature of his remaining posts that lead to his ban (which he had been continuously warned about over the preceeding 12 months - warnings that he had ignored on every occasion).

Derspite this though, his rather socially-inept personallity decided to try to "slip under the radar" and cunningly re-register with a new account (against forum rules) to re-supply us all with his rather unique mix of helpful posts and psychotically-pseudo-superior bile (despite countless previous warnings not to).

As a result, his duplicate account was banned as well.

Now I (and several others including 'Arnie') have explained the site's position regarding this user far too many times, so I declare this thread closed.

Read, assimilate, understand. If you have a problem with him being banned from here, tough luck. He's banned - he's NEVER coming back - live with it.

R22 out.