I read here about two weeks ago that the utg mp5 is pretty good for $100. I was curious, myself. So I purchased one from http://speedytoys.com . I waited for a week and nothing showed up.. Then I sent them an email.. They were quick to respond, and they told me that they would refund my shipping cost because it took them 3 or 4 days to get it ready.. I was very happy :)

So my packaged arrived, but I had to go pick it up at the UPS store... As soon as I got home I opened that baby up!! I looked at the parts and and studied them to see where they would go and what not.. Then I picked up the gun...It was pretty heavy...and VERY VERY sturdy..It didn't feel like that cheap plastic that they make walmart guns out of...This plastic felt so sturdy it almost felt like metal.. But it wasn't metal.. I looked at the instructions but the instructions SUCK!! I tried to adust the retractable stock and k got cunfused... Istarted pushing and pulling trying to get the stock to pull back...I looked at the instructions and all it said was.. push the lever with your middle finger so that you can pull the stock back...I was like WTF?....So the instructions sucked...It didnt even tell me how long to charge the battery...but thanx to Arnies Airsoft Forum...My question about the battery was answered...

I quickly plugged in the battery and let it charge for about 3 hours... I was so eager to test it that i forgot about the remaining 50 min... So I opened up the handgrip and "Tried"(keyword) to put the battery in.. The wires were in the way so it was difficult..After about 10 min. I got it in.. I smiled and started loading the bb's into the Hi-cap it came with. I loaded the .12 bbs into the 150 hi-cap. Wound it up and i turned the hop up off...I printed out some targets and I Started shooting...at every thing but the targets :) But then...I started shooting blanks after about 30 rounds...I was like, huh? And then I remembered that i had to wound it up some more..so i did...Then i pulled the trigger and still nuthing came out...I figgured that it jammed...so I opened the hicap and poured more bb's in and wound it up some more... Then still nothing came out...So I decided to just keep fireing blanks until a few came out...So after about 10 blank shots, a bb came out..I rememberd that on The "UTG MP5 Dissected" Post, It said that the hi-caps sucked and that i should use the 30 rounds...Then i thought about using the 30 rounds..so I ordered some...They should be here in about 4 days..for 4 bux a pop..thats not bad...

So overall...This gun is worth the money... Just don't put the shoulder strap on the gun, cause in battle the gun will bend and the part that hooks up to the shoulder strap will break off the gun... The fps of my gun was about 260-270 ish...The accuracy is "ok" it isnt outstanding or anything...if you were to shoot a coke can from about 20 feet away, you would have to fire a few shots to get to the coke can..The Selector switch SUX... It feels really rough..and its not alligned to the bullet images and the "safe" image...If you decide to get this gun...Purchase some Star 30 rounds for the mp5... you can find them on ebay for 3 bux...

Over all...I give this gun a 9 out of 10

For the price..I give it a 10 out of 10

For the Accuracy, I give it a 8 out of 10

For the FPS out of the box, a 9 out of 10

For the hi-caps.............a lowsy 5 out of 10

Hoped this review helped.

will post pictures when i get a camera.

• 1 month later...
Isnt the UTG mp5 the same as the cyma cm027?
No, it's Well R5. 20 fps and a couple metal parts on the outside less.

And, no wonder the hicap jammed if you loaded some lousy .12s into it. That's one of the "DON'T do that" things.

BTW: UTG MP5 is a good project gun. Maybe the gearbox is a little leaky, which in turn gives poor FPS, but I remember that Static put a 190% spring in it and it didn't explode. ;)