KSC 1911a1 First look:

Having noticed prototypes of this gun a several months (if not years ago) I was too bothered in it, I was more interested in the USP. However, as times changed the USP seemed a vague memory as news of the up and coming release of this pistol was posted on armies. Thinking I would be one of the last to get a ‘new’ gun, I was in no hurry to buy. However, having sold my KJW M9 to a team mate, I had some cash going spare, and when noticing WGC’s sale of the new KSC 1911a1, I couldn’t resist.

Opening the box:

When the package arrived, at 5.28 pm (parcel force deadline being 5.30) I frantically tore off the plastic bag and packaging. I was then met with layers upon layers of bubble wrap. Aaaaarghh, I’m almost ###### myself with excitement at this point. The pistol itelef is seated in a 2 tone green cardboard box with the words ‘.45 A.C.P.’ ‘KSC Caliber .45’ ‘M1911A1’ aswell as a load of other phrases and words. Open opening the flap of the box, I wripped out another layer of bubble wrap and peered inside. A see though plastic bag with a manual and KSC catalogue was on top. With that violently thrown aside I gazed at the pistol. Iside sat the pistol with red plunger shuvved down the barrel, some bb’s and the mag.

Appearance:

The pistol itself is ABS plastic. The slide, lower frame and outer barrel are matt black and the grips are a ‘wood brown’. These are quite clearly painted and not real wood, as you would expect with most stock pistols. The engravings on the gun are very fine and clear, but as typical of KSC, quite shallow. The top line of engraving on the slide reads ‘COLT’S PT.F.A.MFG.CO.HARTFORD,CT.U.S.A’. The line below continues in smaller print with a series of letters and numbers. On the right side of the slide, it reads ‘COLT AUTOMATIC CALIBRE .45’ With what appears to be a horse/unicorn stamped next to it. The right of the frame reads ‘UNTIED STATES PROPERTY’ ‘M1911A1 U.S.ARMY’. Several other engravings are scattered about the gun.

From a distance, the gun could look metal but up close, it does look quite plastic, and definitely feels plastic. The outer barrel is plastic, and so are the none removable sights. Metal parts include the trigger, hammer, safety, slide release catch, pressure pad thingy on the rear of the pistol grip (im sorry…dunno what its called), magazine release, sling loop and of course the magazine.

Feel:

At a weight of only 750 grams, this thing feels a little too light for me (used to DE’s, Metal m9’s and 226’s), however the feel is such that its just right (perfect). I also notice just how slim the pistol grip is on this. Being a single stack mag, my large hands and longish fingers snugly wrap around the grip for ‘professional’ 2 handed shooting. When shaking the gun with the magazine loaded, there is no rattling what so ever (however, ive noticed that the more I shoot a gbb the more it seems to rattle). Magazine out, the rattle is minimal. This thing is so well balanced that it does manage to stand up on its own (with the mag in), providing the lanyard/sling hook on the base of the pistol grip is over the edge of the table.

Shooting:

This is the fun and most important thing for anyone intending to use this piece as a skirmish weapon. THIS WAS DONE INSIDE MY HOUSE. OUTDOOR TEMPERATURES MAY AFFECT RESULTS. I picked up the super slim magazine and filled it with HFC Super Power Green gas (the one and only gas ive ever owned or used :P). After literally 2 seconds of upside down filling, it was full (as with all KSC guns ive used, the over flow spill shows it’s full….none of this KJ silent fill). I then took out some .2 bb’s and began to fill the mag. Strangely, there is no loading tool and so to load, you simply pull the spring follower down till it locks at the bottom and drop the bb’s in. dropping them in seemed quite a challenging and they sometimes rolled off the top (may have been the excitement…..?). with a full mag of 14, I set my target up at 5 metres and in a knelt position fire them off, at a fair pace, being sure to take aim. After 10 shots, the slide got jammed on its way forward as a loose bb got stuck in the chamber. I removed the mag, cleared it, replaced a new bb and continued firing. I grouped at bang on 2 inches, however one of the shots missed the target and hit the surrounding background. I then loaded the mag up again with 14 more bb’s, replaced the target and did fired them as quickly and as accurately as I could. As if William Shakespeare himself was standing in front of me waiving Anthony and Cleopatra, (I apologies, but 4 weeks of A levels creates a personal hate for the man). The grouping this time was 11 on the target at 3.5 inches. I then loaded another mag to empty the gas and it fired a further 3 more bb’s. So on one fill it fire 31 rounds (just over 2 mags worth of bb’s).

To measure the FPS of the gun I ran down stairs to find an empty can of carling, flattened the rounded side and emptied a mag into it. On most occasions it entered one side and dented the other, however on one occasion it nearly (if not did) pierce 2 sides. At an estimate I would say it varies between 290- 310 fps.

Overall:

I wont down rate this by complaining about the lack of cosmetic upgrades for a 1911, as it being new, metal kits, railed frames etc are all more than likely to follow. As far as far as stock GBB goes this is a beauty. A descent power, fairly accurate and a nice gas consumption mean it wont burn a hole in the wallet shooting this baby. I myself am very pleased with it. It’s not WA quality but to be honest what other GBB make usually is?! I am yet to give it a battle field test but so far so good, and I won’t be buying any more pistols for a long time (if ever again). For me, I wanted a skirmish worthy, cheap 1911 to complete a cross DPM delta look, and ive succeeded. I LOVE IT.

Appearance: 4/5. It does look plastic at times.

Feel: 5/5. Perfect.

Performance: 4/5. The funny loose bb is a mystery.

Overall: 4.6/5.

PICTURES ARE BELOW. PLEASE CLICK THE PHOTOBUCKET LINKS.

Nice review :)

being a 1911 nutcase I'm tempted to buy one but being the accessorie freak aswell I'm thinking "no no wait and see what after-market accessories they'll be" <_<

I think I'll stick with my WA 1911's for now

I wonder if KWA will make a metal version of this gun...

Thats what im hoping, it would be great for us folks in the US.(+ no trades doesnt really bother me) I really need to get one of these to go with my thompson, never been too keen on WA's high prices.

Edited by phoenixkskg

Looks like a great gun , i think it was a bit to black(that may be the ligth in your photo or somthing). But still black is IMO closer to the "parkerized" look of the real thing. But there will prob soon be metal kits in the 100-300$ range , so thats not the most important part.

So this or a "cheap springer" wa aka magna?

Thats what im hoping, it would be great for us folks in the US.(+ no trades doesnt really bother me) I really need to get one of these to go with my thompson, never been too keen on WA's high prices.

Given the pass experience of the KWA M945. Somehow I doubt this is going to happen.

I was just wondering , how is the operation of the GBB compared to the real gun.

Can you cock the hammer , and then decock it , without letting the gas out?( i heard this was a case with some guns)

And do it have all the safeties of the real gun?

:unsure:

Edited by csulu
OR, given the experience of the M9, Glocks, and USPs, it's very likely to happen. :P

:zorro:

M945 is a 1911 variant. Others are not. Don't get me wrong, I like to see a metal version as well. But you have to keep your options open. Too much hope will get you too much of a disappointment. :P

Besides, KWA M9 also have plastic version.

ok heres the test on none flattened can, pic of 226 and recoil.

It burst one side a couple of times. Major denting the rest.

Recoil....not alot, i get more of a kick out of my kj abs para ord on green.

PIc below. funnily enuff it was pictue number 226.........how ironic!! :mellow:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e99/BM6789/PICT0226.jpg