SD makes a great piston head too.

Utty, what SD slides did you have? I've got a black V12; the thing is a tank, and I get no small amount of cooldown because of it. I've heard from others that their SD slides are light, but mine weighs 2-3 times as much as the stock slide.

I would suggest getting some TM mags (stock, don't bother with hi-flow valves, stock TM valves are really good and stable), a hammer spring (nineball worked well for me), and a different piston head (pdi is good).

Thanks for the suggestions.

For the hammer spring, would the Guarder 150% set be adequate? Or should I stick with the Nineball?

For the PDI piston head, is there any significant difference between the standard version and winter version?

Glenn, I had a black Infinity slide and a 2-tone MRP slide. Both pretty light, but sure, heavier than the plastic slide. Does your V12 cause a noticable slower recoil cycle than the stock slide?

Davedawg, the thing about Guarder springs in general is that they're very strong. Sometimes it's overkill to choose a Guarder spring. I have better experience with the Nineball spring, as it is of a more moderate power than the Guarder.

I don't have an exact figure, but the WE slide was clearly far heavier than any other slide I've held.

The cooldown was reduced some, but it was still there, it was nothing like my TMs. The TM and WE really feel like completely different, unrelated guns when you fire them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just adding some of my WE Hi-Capa 4.3 info. When I got mine I could shoot 50 shots in one fill. This was at about a 2-3 second intervals. Plus a mag reload that took about a minute at most. I could see/hear a power lost in the 40's. But I think I could get to 55+ if it was at a slower rate of fire. This was with your basic green gas. I plan on getting some TOP gas since it's going to get colder sooner or later where I live so might as well stock up on some.

I also have the 30 round mag and will try that out since my first tests where with the standard 4.3 25 round mags.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
The TM does not suffer from cooldown, except in cold weather. You can unload a TM, upgraded or stock, in a lot less than 6 seconds, without power loss. In fact it puzzles me a bit that the WEs have so much cooldown, when the TMs have none? WE must've missed some details somewhere when copying the TM.

funny, ive emptied a whole mag rapid fire with my friend's baby hicapa (on a mildly chilly and very rainy day too) with zero cooldown

Definitely not the case with the WE 4.3. Rapid firing on propane in warm weather, it suffers from power loss and can't finish off the mag. The TM, on the other hand, doesn't skip a beat, metal slide or not.

Edited by davedawg123