Problem with glock mag

dannyboy

Bought glock 18c off paylor, with long mag. Arrived this morning, put gas in, managed to fire one round, and all of the gas vented. Thought might have been a one off. Nope, happened four times in a row. Fill with gas, fire one round, gas vents. So thought might be a problem with temperature, warmed the mag up a bit (it was freezing after the gas venting anyway), same problem. Doesn't matter if it's in semi or auto, still vents the gas.

Been pm'ing Paylor about it, he said no refund cos the money's already gone. Said he knew quite a bit about fixing guns, and would help me as best he could to fix the problem with the mag. And then he went offline.

That was nearly an hour ago, and I'm irritated to say the least.

Paylor, when you see this, get in touch with me, I'm not impressed.

what gas are you using?

whre does it vent FROM, i ma gueisng its though the gun. lube the nipple on the back of the mag.

oh and remember people do have lives if he goes ofline after and hour he could be going to work (it happens). dont expect imediate responces all of the time

*sigh* This is whats been said by Paylor so far.

There is nothing wrong with the gun ive tested it fully before i sold it... the mags are easy to take apart and so is the gun.. u just need to take the slide off and give everything a nice lube in there... i told u that the mag had a slight problem aswell... what gas are u using. the overdraft on my acount has eaten up the money (i havent been working for months) so i cant offer a refund at the moment... i will try and help u sort this problem to the best of my ability as it was a fully working weapon literaly 2 seconds before i packed it into box.. I can fix guns quite well so i will try and talk u through everything

Hey yeah thas wasnt an issue wen i tested the mag it emptied the whole mag fine on semi auto and dumped gas when i tryed to fire the whole mag on full auto but only a few rounds were left before it dumped gas (the mag gets 2 cold) ... i used it on both of my 18cs and my 19 before i put it in box and also used my other long mags on the gun to test it so i knew both were working even with the slight problem of not liking to fire in one go on auto. Part of the big problem is that 134a gas for better words is ###### lol it isnt really powerfull enough for any guns specially a decent blowback like this.. ive been using preditor red, and recently propane on all my guns and that works amazing but 134 just dumped even on my nbb socom. Back to the mag... to take it apart u need to slide the base back and get a small flathead screwdriver.. the valve is just like a normal screw... it will come out very easy... even tho ure gas has lube in it, because the gas is soooooooo cold when u spray it into the gun the rubber o ring on the valve contracts which can cause leaking and also can cause the valve to stick... if u get gas leaking from bottom of mag that will usually be ure problem... on the other hand if the gun is dumping gas when firing its ether a gun issue.. a gas issue or a fire valve issue... as i know the gun worked perfectly we can rule out gun issue, next lets look at the fire valve, if u dont know how this works, when u pull the trigger a little hammer hits the valve in very quickly which alows a small amount of gas to leave the mag and flow into the blowback unit of the pistol... if this valve is sticky it may not close alowing all the gas from the mag to be dumped, what happens is, when u fire the gun.. the gas flows into the blowback unit of the gun.. there is a thing called a rocket valve in there... wat this does is lets a small amount of gas through to fire the round off then closes. when it closes gas pressure builds up which then blows the slide back... this is where a gun issue can normally be solved... (lube sprayed into the hole in the blowback unit will usually help this as it can stick open so all the gas that is meant to be used to blow back the slide is dumped and main valve stayes open cos gun hasnt cycled,) this is what leads me back to gas problem... if u are using a weak gas like 134a on a gun with a demanding blowback unit on it not enough pressure is made so the slide doesnt blow back compleatly again this causes the hammer not to be returned and the gas to be dumped out of the mag... what u can check is that the valve in the top of the mag is not sticking... again using a small screwdriver... use the groves in the side of the valves and rotate it like u would a screw.. it will take some time as the thread is quite long... once u have it out... lube the hell out of the valve (open and close valve as u do it so it gets lube right into the insides of it) what i found best to do this was to put a cm or so of lube into a glass and submerge the valves into it for a while.. shaking and opening the valve just to remove any dirt that there may be. To be totally honest i think the problem you have is with the gas. I know it is frustrating and im sorry i cant just give u a refund but the gun left me in working condition and i cant get myself more in debt for that reason... if it was a fault from me i would refund u straight off... but i dont want u to be grrrr with me so i will do my best to talk u throug any help u need getting the gun to work perfectly... mabey try getting some more powerfull gas... i sugest mabey preditor red or some other high powered gas, if it still isnt having any joy try buying a new mag for it and testing that... if that sorts it i would refund u for the mag u bought from me but as i said it worked fine wen tested in my other guns so i wouldnt think that would be the problem.... get back to me wen u given wat i said a try biggrin.gif

Haven't heard anything from him since that message (2.49pm)

Teach me to ask for a partial refund for the mag, eh??

I'm a bit of a newbie with gbb's, so I'm going to ask someone I know to have a look at it, and see if it is servicable.

:(

Ah, sledge, you are a genius :P lol, tried that and no luck, but I discovered while trying that it works fine if I pull the bottom of the mag back with my left hand, holding the gun in my right. Now...........I just need to work out how to get it to stay there. Hmmmm. Still heard nothing new from Paylor though, and still annoyed. Haven't been able to use my new gun properly yet *boofricketyhoo* :(

(edit):

How wrong I was. That worked for all of about 5 rounds, and suprise suprise, it started venting again. :angry:

What is he on about saying 134a is no good??

They recomend that you use 134a, as anything else causes more strain on the gun (especially plastic slide guns) and risks breaking it quicker. Most shops will tell you that your warranty is out the window if you use anything higher than 134a. I've got an 18c myself and used nothing but 134a without any problems at all.

Pretty bull aswell that he expects you to have to take it all apart and buy silicon lube etc to try and fix it.

Did you pay via paypal? because if you did, i noticed the gun was only sold the 29th, so theres no way the money would of been transferred into his bank account yet. Paypal take 5-7 working days to do that, so that would make the whole overdraft excuse redundant.

I dont really buy his whole "in debt, in my overdraft" excuse either.

He's started a thread on the 23rd wanting a G36 5000 round box mag or 3000 round C mag, and on the 26th he also agreed to buy a G36 RAS kit for £60. Hardly the actions of a guy in debt!

Anyways, hope you get this sorted m8.

Thank you 5th for pointing out just how much bull this guys talking. In debt?? Overdraft??? That'll be why in the thread I bought the glock in, you say the money's going towards a new gun build?? And why just days before you bought something for £60, and started a thread looking for (not cheap) parts???

And why you're currently online browsing the for sales thread?????

Hmmmm. Whats that smell..............???

It's 100% pure bullsh1t

Well, paypal have well and truly pi$$ed me off:

Our investigation into the following transaction is complete. As stated in our User Agreement, the claims process only applies to the delivery of goods. It does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a refund.

Looks like I'm pretty screwed :(:angry::(

Ok this might help you,

KSC magazines are a bit in the pain in the *albartroth* when it comes to the position of the valve and 2 weeks ago my G19 was doing exactly this and i solved the problem by doing the following.

Remove the magazine from the gun, now look at the valave on the back of the mag. Push the valve head:

Does it move easily and freely to your touch?

Is there friction or gratting?

Next run your a plastic ruler down the side where the valve is, is the valve head protrusding from the magazine?

If so you need to screw the valve head in a little further till it is flush with the magazine. If not do the following:

Completely remove the valve from the magazine, silicon spray the whole valve mech, spray the inside of the magazine with silicon lube.

Rescrew the valve into the magazine until it lays flush with the MAgazine wall.

Place Magazine in gun, and test fire.If it still vents gas, remove the magazine and and turn the valve head half a rotation into the magazine so it is slightly lower now than the wall of the mag. Repeat this process until either it solves the problem or the valve is to tight to tighten further.

If this does not solve the problem let me know.

Right guys this person has ###### me right off.... the gun worked perfectly when i sent it to him... i tested that mag fully with both of my 18cs and it worked well apart from the lil problem i did mention to the buyer... i know the mag catch isnt worn as the mag sits in the gun fine doesnt slip down at all... i said 134 a gas doesnt work because from experience with my gbb 134 a doesnt like to blow the slide back very well at all and has caused it to vent stupidly...

Also y am i not alowed to go offline? my gf an me were taking the dogs for a walk which has to be done... i did offer a refund to him for the mag if he couldnt get it sorted and was trying my best to help him... also my money from paypal gets payed direct to my bank acount... by the time it gets to my bank my overdraft will eat it and as the gun was perfectly working im not willing to do a full refund and use my overdraft to do that. And me buying things on the forum...... excuse me but i dont think what i buy has is any of ure concerns at all... i had the money for the parts saved up (thats y i have bought them but now as ive payed for the bits i dont have any cash left)

im sorry that i couldnt be any more of a help to the buyer but now i dont see y i should help as he is being abusive to me even tho i offered to refund for mag

EXCUSE ME???? And here I was about to post that you where being alright and had said you'd refund as it wasn't working

wat do u mean excuse me... i send u a working gun and mag and u turn round and say its not working... so therfore i try and help but then u just turn on me cos i was away for all of 1 hour :blink: and where do u get off saying wat i say is ######... ive been able to maintain my guns perfectly :angry:

PM I just recieved

the mag catch is worn?? that would mean the mag would fall out... which it doesnt its tight as hell in there... so that isnt a problem (it worked fine for me) ure mate is horribly wrong about it.. and ppl may dissagree with me about gas but with personal experience 134a gas doesnt perform well in blowback guns all the time... specially with older mags.... i was willing to help u and do u a partial refun for the mag but... as u come on here swearing at me and telling me my help is *beep* and also trying to claim that the item wasnt as described through pay pal... i dont feel im willing to help u anymore..

When did I say that you're help was *beep*? I really don't remember saying that. I onlyb swore the once, and that's because I thought you where ignoring me. Same reason as the paypal. i was getting really worked up, with everything people where saying on the forum, and not hearing nack from yo when I pm'd you. Partial refund is all I'm after mate, I've been trying to get the mag to work all day.

Also, it isn't a tight fit, there's a fair bit of give in the mag well.

the mags all wobble allot its only an airsoft weapon. if u get the mag back to me ill refund wat you payed for the mag

Thats great. Think it said £20 for the long mag in your sale thread. Will post the mag tommorow, if you send the refund tonight.

Cheers

dude the mag on its own was for sale for 20

u bought it with the gun for 60 that included 5 pound postage which then takes it down to 55... and i wanted 50 for the gun..... so therefor... the mag (which was working and now u claim isnt) is worth all of £5 to u.... im sorry but im not willing to help u any more than that due to u trying to cause problems for me on the forum and also trying to open a paypal complaint against me... i was doing my best to help u and i got *beep* in return

PM I just recieved

the mag catch is worn?? that would mean the mag would fall out... which it doesnt its tight as hell in there... so that isnt a problem (it worked fine for me) ure mate is horribly wrong about it.. and ppl may dissagree with me about gas but with personal experience 134a gas doesnt perform well in blowback guns all the time... specially with older mags.... i was willing to help u and do u a partial refun for the mag but... as u come on here swearing at me and telling me my help is *beep* and also trying to claim that the item wasnt as described through pay pal... i dont feel im willing to help u anymore..

When did I say that you're help was *beep*? I really don't remember saying that. I onlyb swore the once, and that's because I thought you where ignoring me. Same reason as the paypal. i was getting really worked up, with everything people where saying on the forum, and not hearing nack from yo when I pm'd you. Partial refund is all I'm after mate, I've been trying to get the mag to work all day.

Also, it isn't a tight fit, there's a fair bit of give in the mag well.

the mags all wobble allot its only an airsoft weapon. if u get the mag back to me ill refund wat you payed for the mag

Thats great. Think it said £20 for the long mag in your sale thread. Will post the mag tommorow, if you send the refund tonight.

Cheers

dude the mag on its own was for sale for 20

u bought it with the gun for 60 that included 5 pound postage which then takes it down to 55... and i wanted 50 for the gun..... so therefor... the mag (which was working and now u claim isnt) is worth all of £5 to u.... im sorry but im not willing to help u any more than that due to u trying to cause problems for me on the forum and also trying to open a paypal complaint against me... i was doing my best to help u and i got *beep* in return

and ure point being... i probly would have given u more if u hadnt done all this... i tryed to help u <_<

Also, just thought you'd like to know what sledge thought of it:

Paylor:

Sledge:

Sounds like the guy's talking out of his *albatross*. Glock mag catches, especially when used with 50 round magazines, can wear out. This DOESN'T mean the mag drops out, but it can mean the catch doesn't hold the mag perfectly in place, causing problems with the firing pin not hitting the valve properly.

Also, 134a is the lowest powered airsoft gas available. In colder weather, it may not be enough to cycle the slide. As we're not exactly in mid-winter, I can't see how on a plastic Glock slide, this would be an issue.

Bottom line is: you bought a gun sold as working, and it isn't. That's not allowed.

Also, just thought you'd like to know what sledge thought of it:

Paylor:

Sledge:

Sounds like the guy's talking out of his *albatross*. Glock mag catches, especially when used with 50 round magazines, can wear out. This DOESN'T mean the mag drops out, but it can mean the catch doesn't hold the mag perfectly in place, causing problems with the firing pin not hitting the valve properly.

Also, 134a is the lowest powered airsoft gas available. In colder weather, it may not be enough to cycle the slide. As we're not exactly in mid-winter, I can't see how on a plastic Glock slide, this would be an issue.

Bottom line is: you bought a gun sold as working, and it isn't. That's not allowed.

bottom line is i sold a gun that was working... :angry:

I just posted Sledge's opinion, which is along the smae kinda lines as most of the other posts.

I, btw, have not been bad mouthing you. I agreed with a few of the posts, but mostly have been quoting, mostly what you have said.

Oh, and just so you know, paypal have decided to reopen the investigation.

To quote Paylor

"try getting some more powerfull gas... i sugest mabey preditor red or some other high powered gas, if it still isnt having any joy try buying a new mag for it and testing that... if that sorts it i would refund u for the mag"

You were only willing to refund him if he went to the expense of buying a new mag (£35) and buying new gas (£10) why should he go to the expense of that just to confirm its really broken??? and nowhere would recomend using red gas in a plastic slide gun.

Also, in one PM you said about the mag

"its tight as hell in there"

Then you said in another

"the mags all wobble allot its only an airsoft weapon"

So which is it, are the mags "tight as hell" or do they wobble alot?

None of my guns have mags that wobble alot!

Then you said

"if u get the mag back to me ill refund wat you payed for the mag"

£5 refund?? lol are you taking the ######??! it would cost him that to send it back to you.

Archived