Silenced Guns Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hussssh....Puppy Mk22 Mod0 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You see Ivan, when use suppressor like me you never hesitate of shooting for fear of running out of gas.

Ivan special

Posted Images

Also, when firing one, your ear is usually close to the gearbox, whilst the sound leaving the barrel is directed away from you. The gearbox moving will drown out most of the muzzle report from the shooter's perspective.

If you wanted to, you could fill up the vacant space inside the body of your AEG with foam to silence gearbox noise in addition to a silencer.

i have a custom silencer that didnt haev any foam in it. i finally got round to putting some foam in it yeaterday, and the sound difference was amazing compared to no foam, but i expected that.

what i didnt expect was how good it sounded on my g36k when i wasn't firing it, just watching from a distance. you definately cant go by how it sounds while you're firing it.

the noise from a GB is sometimes deafening. i once overkilled a team mate really badly, because the noise from my CA249 GB meant i couldnt hear him calling hit lol.

i have a custom silencer that didnt haev any foam in it. i finally got round to putting some foam in it yeaterday, and the sound difference was amazing compared to no foam, but i expected that.

what i didnt expect was how good it sounded on my g36k when i wasn't firing it, just watching from a distance. you definately cant go by how it sounds while you're firing it.

the noise from a GB is sometimes deafening. i once overkilled a team mate really badly, because the noise from my CA249 GB meant i couldnt hear him calling hit lol.

Would you say that the foam + silencer is useful in the actual game, or is the cool factor the main consideration here?

Depends entirely on your gun. P90 on single shot with the stock silencer is difficult to hear from anywhere over 10m away (in my experience)

Also worth noting is single shot is always quieter than full auto. And probably the only mode you should use if your using a silencer to quieten your gun.

But airsoft is all about the cool factor anyway so if its quieter its a bonus!

I've gotten lots of compliments on how quiet my CAm15 sounds with a KA 330mm silencer. Some of the guys I was playing with said they didn't know I was shooting at them until they got hit.

As well as dampening the sound, a silencer with foam makes the gun sound a lot smoother, maybe it's just me, but I love how it sounds.

edit: Oh yeah! This is a picture thread....

Picture009.jpg

Picture017.jpg

^^ That's the gun I got compliments on, it's got a CQB barrel with an m4 length inner running about 3-4 inches into the silencer.

Edited by Marine47
Very nice. What silencer is that on the SR-16?

Thank you. It's actually just a CA m15 with a cqb outer barrel and RIS.

Also I screwed up the description...it's actually a KA 245mm, silly me. I highly reccommend this silencer.

http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/...il?prodID=15864

Edited by Marine47
  • 2 weeks later...