Silenced Guns Picture Thread

I'd love to make a suppressed 1911, but I just can't find a suppressor I like on em... Overall I love the look of that^^^, but I'd go with a shorter suppressor.

Now to pick the 1911, too bad WA threaded barrels are so hard to come by... :(

http://www.x-fire.org/j_armory/e.outer.html

That's what I used for this:

gallery_7858_1375_99895.jpg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hussssh....Puppy Mk22 Mod0 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You see Ivan, when use suppressor like me you never hesitate of shooting for fear of running out of gas.

Ivan special

Posted Images

Sweet jesus.

I'll give you my first born for it!!!!! promise. :)

[As soon as... you know, it's born....] :P

::edit::

Has anyone tried extending inner barrels on WA's? If so, how'd you go about it? I can find aftermarket extended inner barrels anywhere, short of parting out a hardballer... which I don't think I could bring myself to do...

and Chownsy, that VSR is puuuuuuuuuure sex. What'd you use for the netting over the scope? and how obstructive is it?

Edited by crump3t
Sweet jesus.

I'll give you my first born for it!!!!! promise. :)

[As soon as... you know, it's born....] :P

::edit::

Has anyone tried extending inner barrels on WA's? If so, how'd you go about it? I can find aftermarket extended inner barrels anywhere, short of parting out a hardballer... which I don't think I could bring myself to do...

and Chownsy, that VSR is puuuuuuuuuure sex. What'd you use for the netting over the scope? and how obstructive is it?

the pure sex gets talked about alot, :P

the netting was just a white net bag i had and sprayed it. it helps slightly with stopping glare, Needs to be a bit denser and it dont obstruct view at all

I found that the net bag some knee pads come it works perfectly also.

i got a proper good snniping oppertunity coming up next weekend, ill let you know if the netting works well

Richard

1911's aren't for silencers and are unreliable?!?!

Clearly sir you are mad, as my 1911 and custom MEU look a beauty with their silencers on them and ahve never let me down once.

Though your can't be that bad as you have suggested a mass P226 silencer project idea, which to me does sound damn good.

All pistols look good with a silencer of the correct length (unless its a Glock which looks at home in a Tupperware Party).

'FireKnife'

There were a few stock WA's that came with extended inner barrels, the longest being from the silenced Prokillers or the Gigant. While there aren't any extended barrels available on the market you can probably find either an airsoft store or someone with the equipment to make a custom one for you, as it's not that complicated.

Sorry boys, missed out something that I was supposed to type.

"1911's with silencers aren't for assassins" was what I meant to type, and this being angled at the real world. As you all know, 1911's in general doesn't like any added weight on the barrel, some AS-versions are the same.

The Hitman hardballers look SMASHING in both Mk1 and Mk2 guise. But it's a bit against my way of thinking.

A .22 Ruger Mk1, now that's a silenced gun ;)

PS: Have one of my P226's now, sweet friggin' gun. DS.

Hush Puppy is the nickname for the Mk.22.

This is essentially a silenced S&W M39 in 9mm with raised sights to see over the suppressor. It was used in Vietnam by Navy SEALS and by other more clandestine operators in that conflict. Some silenced Sten guns even showed up along side them as the ammo and the suppression where rather similar between the two.

As for 1911's not being an Assassin's choice, i'm sorry but what? The power of the .45 (albiet a bit reduced) combine with a weapon that is thin and operates reliably in some of the harshest conditons without fault? Fair enough it is your opinion but i doubt many share it with you.

I for one love my silenced MEU Custom.

'FireKnife'

As for 1911's not being an Assassin's choice, i'm sorry but what? The power of the .45 (albiet a bit reduced) combine with a weapon that is thin and operates reliably in some of the harshest conditons without fault? Fair enough it is your opinion but i doubt many share it with you.

It's more to do with the fact that the M1911 operates with a tilting barrel - the barrel unlocks from the slide at the end of the cycle by tilting downwards, which can cause issues with a silencer attached as it changes the center of gravity of the barrel and can cause misfeeds and failure to return to battery.

Well i have seen evidence that shows the silencer required to get a near silent 1911 in the real world causes the slide to not return but it does however make it quiet as their is no slide operation noise, allowing the skide to be cocked again manually and fired rather like a springer. Thus more silent and useful as it only takes one good shot to take down a mark.

As for the airsoft models, i think a reasonable length silencer on a 1911 makes a slight sound difference (on 134a) and offers a good look, my MEU has a G&G SS100 on it and never fails to return to battery or lock open on the last shot.

'FireKnife'

Well i have seen evidence that shows the silencer required to get a near silent 1911 in the real world causes the slide to not return but it does however make it quiet as their is no slide operation noise, allowing the skide to be cocked again manually and fired rather like a springer. Thus more silent and useful as it only takes one good shot to take down a mark.

As for the airsoft models, i think a reasonable length silencer on a 1911 makes a slight sound difference (on 134a) and offers a good look, my MEU has a G&G SS100 on it and never fails to return to battery or lock open on the last shot.

'FireKnife'

1) The silencer is half of the formula, the other half being ammunition. Truly silent rounds are subsonic and have lower powder loads, which often means that there is not enough energy to cycle the action.

2) Also, as far as I know the airsoft 1911s do not tilt their barrels to any significant degree as part of the action and as such will not lock up like the real steels will.

1) The silencer is half of the formula, the other half being ammunition. Truly silent rounds are subsonic and have lower powder loads, which often means that there is not enough energy to cycle the action.

2) Also, as far as I know the airsoft 1911s do not tilt their barrels to any significant degree as part of the action and as such will not lock up like the real steels will.

1) Normal .45cal rounds are already subsonic. They shoot at about ~900fps, so they are easy to silence because you just need to worry about the gas instead of the gas and sonic boom.

2) Plus airsoft suppressors don't weigh the 1 or 2kg's that real suppressors do. Although they are starting to make real suppressors out of aluminum, so guns with tilting barrels can cycle with them attached. Also, some suppressors have vents in the back that help cycle the slide.