Silenced Guns Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hussssh....Puppy Mk22 Mod0 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You see Ivan, when use suppressor like me you never hesitate of shooting for fear of running out of gas.

Ivan special

Posted Images

I will add to this thread in about 2-3 weeks time. Sig Sauer P226 and Beretta M9 are weapons which have proven reliability with silencers attached.

About the issue Colt's withstanding just about any condition on earth: Most of the movies/tv-series/documentaries that has a story about a training FTF, it's either the M1911A1 or M4/M16 which stars in these stories.

To make a 1911 reliable you need a reliability kit. Have I said enough, I think so.

I will add to this thread in about 2-3 weeks time. Sig Sauer P226 and Beretta M9 are weapons which have proven reliability with silencers attached.

About the issue Colt's withstanding just about any condition on earth: Most of the movies/tv-series/documentaries that has a story about a training FTF, it's either the M1911A1 or M4/M16 which stars in these stories.

To make a 1911 reliable you need a reliability kit. Have I said enough, I think so.

Uh, what? the browning 1911 design is probably one of the most durable reliable ones out there... To make it more accurate, yes, it does require tuning... I've never heard anything about them not being reliable(RS anyway)....

I beg to differ. Last time I went shooting at SGC, the person in the lane next to me had an M9 with a suppressor. It cycled fine 2 times out of the 150 rounds he put through it. I asked him about it, and he said it was the most uneducated purchase he had made. 9mm ammo is just not strong enough to cycle pistols with suppressors attached.

Completely off topic sorry, but just like in airsoft, if i bought a real steel gun, I would expect it work out of the box for thousands of rounds.

I wouldnt want to drop thousands of dollars on a gun, only to have to buy more parts to make sure it dosent blow itself to Mercury in my hands. (exaggeration on the blowing up, AR15 fanboys.)

Edited by Royal-Air-Force

Well you have to consider the brand of AR15 you buy. The cheaper brands are okay for casual activities, like the range and maybe hunting. Beyond that, they might not perform as well as the more expensive, higher quality AR15's. You can't talk so generally. There are differently priced products for different purposes.

• 3 weeks later...
Got a pic of my Glock with the homebrew smokecap attatched. Cycles perfectly with the RS recoil spring. I think I might put one in my P226.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b374/bab...17/100_2160.jpg

And a blurry pic of the residue from the PFI powder.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b374/bab...17/100_2162.jpg

RS recoil spring = real sword spring or real steel?

It seems unbelievable that a GBB would able to cycle fine with the high tension springs of a real glock...

I gotta try that out for giggles.

Double Post

BUT!

If anyone wants this done to their own Thompson i can post up a Porject thread thingy and also I will make the mod for someone (for a [cheap] price).

What mod? Putting a silencer on a thompson or spraying it flat black? Neither require a thread and hopefully people don't require help to perform such "mods".

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

• 2 weeks later...