Silenced Guns Picture Thread

True of all auto firearms, once you make the muzzle retort quieter than the action a better silence is useless. It's why you generally find subsonic ammunition when using them, as it reduces the noize of the action AND you don't get the "sonic crack" as the bullet flies.

Disintegrating belt fed on full auto, you will never get that noize down much, even with a perfectly silent muzzle, the action and mountins of chaff flinging its way out the side of the gun will make a hell of a din.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hussssh....Puppy Mk22 Mod0 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You see Ivan, when use suppressor like me you never hesitate of shooting for fear of running out of gas.

Ivan special

Posted Images

After seeing the video, i'd still say it's pretty damn loud. Still, i'm sure it has it's uses... I'd be surprised if you'd hear the cartridges/link hitting the floor 300 yards away, especially onto a soft surface. Still, wether it's useful/practical or not, it's undeniably awesome.

With sustained fire, would it not also be possible to damage the internal of the can due to heat?

You can burn out a silencer with a couple of mags through a standard rifle, so of corse sustained fire will burn a can. Watch to the end of the video up there and you will see the can smoking away after it was used.

Of corse the shorter the barrel the worse it gets, due to more unburned powder passing the muzzle into the can, but also low powered (subson) ammo can help that. Long barrel and squibs is the way to go, but even then i wouldn't be running a belt in one go.

I would guess the silencer is also a very effective flash hider, so even if it doesn't actually silence the gun by much it's still useful.

Also it seems the shooter took of his ear protection when the silencer was on, so it's gotta be a bit less noisy.

Edited by Yuri

using a silencer/suppresor on a Lmg is really only used to hide what type of weapon is being fired at you target and make it harder for them to pinpoint a location not to be come a 200 round

si13nt-n1nj4 that can take down a platoon without any one hearing :D also it helps when shooting in doors

I would guess the silencer is also a very effective flash hider, so even if it doesn't actually silence the gun by much it's still useful.

Also it seems the shooter took of his ear protection when the silencer was on, so it's gotta be a bit less noisy.

a silencer doesn't make a marksman quiet it makes him invisible

a good suppressor only reduces the noise by 30decibel (from about 160 to about 130 which is still very loud)

but it alters the sound is such a way the its harder to know where its coming from

the main advantage of a suppressor is that you don't have a muzzle flash which could blind you if you would wear nvg

its also supposed to reduce recoil and makes it healthier to shoot because so damaging gases condensate inside the suppressor

@ neilgoth

whats that plastic part around you magwel

@ wutang

what brand of receiver is on that m4

Edited by teflon don

Couldn't resist posting before all my stuff came in the mail...IMG_20101115_185919.jpgIMG_20101115_190636.jpgFor some reason I can not justify the purchase of an RIS unit :/ whatever. I got pmags and a vert grip coming in the mail. Airsoftgi took the order and shipped in the same day! Woo hoo! Tell me what you guys think...

great job md2a, how is it working?

The suppressor doesn't really do that much, but it does make it sound very nice. I don't know what it sounds like from a distance yet, I'll take it to a game this Sunday.

Edit: Just a word of advice to anyone considering a suppressor; remembering to put the foam in really helps. tongue.gif

Going beautifully now, no blowback means it just makes a very satisfying 'poont'. Still as accurate as ever.

Edited by Md2a
  • 1 month later...