Silenced Guns Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hussssh....Puppy Mk22 Mod0 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You see Ivan, when use suppressor like me you never hesitate of shooting for fear of running out of gas.

Ivan special

Posted Images

Mangier? I'm going to go way out on a limb here and guess that you meant "magnifier."

I don't have a good answer to your question, really. I do use it from time to time, but it's not as fast to use as I'd like so for quick acquisition and most actual shooting, I leave it down. It's a bit heavy, I suppose, and that might bother some people. Personally, I've gotten pretty used to hauling a SAW or EBR around, so whatever weight I could put on this weapon still strikes me as quite easy to manage!

• Like 1

The tiny suppressor on my AI is one of those function over form things to keep the overall length down, I've no idea if this would be of any use on real steel:

SDC10825.JPG

The KAC can also fits on my M249 (MK46 wannabe):

SDC10827.JPG

Last and least:

SDC10824.JPG

The Glock is not really functional since the can hits the guide rod; this could probably be remedied with a couple of washers.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

And here is my own silenced gun in the form of one very highly tuned CA AUG A1. To be honest I don't know exactly what parts are in this gun, as its about 6 years old and has 3 owners in total. All I know is that it has the PDC(?) hop unit in it, Guarder gearbox internals and a PDI tightbore. Tightbore runs to just inside the standard flashhider, which was removed in order to mount the silencer, which works like a charm apparently. ~15m shot, target didn't hear it.

Running at 380 on 0.28s. Longest confirmed kill at 360 feet.

photo-2.jpg

It's the rifle being used in this pic taken at the NZ Nationals recently.

Nats2012Meday1ghillie.jpg

Nats2012Day3MeRecon.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm certainly not the only person to shoot an airsoft gun that far. A few minutes browsing on youtube turns up 300+ foot shots from multiple weapons platforms. As both Bane and myself have said, this gun has had a LOT of work put into it. I doubt the shot could be easily done, but it was a confirmed kill nonetheless. I know both the firer and the guy who got hit, who can verify their positions on the field at the time of the shot. I'm fairly sure it was part of a small burst rather than a single shot, but a kill's a kill.

Same discussion happened in the AEG Sniper's thread, or maybe the DMR thread, I forget which. This gun is around 6 or 7 years old now, and has had hours and hours put into making everything work perfectly. Both me and the previous owner wanted it tuned for accuracy, so that's what we got.

Edited by EngageNZL

Cheers.

Most definitely. That gun has come a long way. This is very much an "in-house" gun. As in it's only allowed to be sold to within a certain group of us, just because it's such a treasured weapon. We don't want some douchebag buying it, then changing stuff and breaking it or lowering its performance. I think I'll be holding onto it for a long while though, even if it's not going to get much use while I'm busy with uni/away on Basic.

Just goes to show what you can pull off with some time and a little moolah haha

Adding on what he said, here in PA where polarstars run rampant due to our local shop, 300 foot shots are commonplace. But some guy brought an HPA tuned sniper rifle and running 750 fps, his minimum engagement distance was 200 feet. Why? The gun shot 220+ yards/meters. Apparently, when a BB wizzed by you you could hear the air displacement it made. I was on his team and it was awesome, you would hear a loud pop, and then a couple seconds later "OW! HIT!".