Silenced Guns Picture Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hussssh....Puppy Mk22 Mod0 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You see Ivan, when use suppressor like me you never hesitate of shooting for fear of running out of gas.

Ivan special

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Is that WE any good? :) it kind of 'looks' way too nice to be a marakov but does it perform well?

No, it is not. So far mine is in the 'I am going to break on you but I am not sure when' phase as various load bearing areas have come away leaving more strain on other parts.

The trigger is awful (worse than the real and airgun ones), the barrel and sights have never lined up on my one and the suppressor causes the gun to droop. The slide catch doesn't always work and the safety is finicky.

I keep mine just for playing round the house with and practicing rough handling seeing as it is falling apart anyway ;).

'FireKnife'

The trigger is awful (worse than the real and airgun ones), the barrel and sights have never lined up on my one and the suppressor causes the gun to droop. The slide catch doesn't always work and the safety is finicky.

Wut?!? It's like we don't have the same gun. Granted it's not a 1911 but the trigger pull in SA and DA feel better than my KJW P226 though my application of ceramic grease may have played a part in it. Sights are hard to acquire but they're spot on in mine out to 20m. I've read about the barrel gaining wobble with use and is fixed by simply tightening its screw down and using threadlock. Likewise, hearing about the mag catch area being prone to wear, I put an extra rubber recoil buffer over the existing hard plastic one which shortened the stroke of the slide by a couple mm which reduces the amount of inertia the slide picks up before hitting the slide catch thereby mitigating wear. And back to the recoil, this things got plenty of it even after putting that extra buffer in. I could easily imagine parts coming loose and become damaged when out of alignment so it would be advisable to threadlock things down early on. Edited by renegadecow

I have tried all of the above RC but no, the gun is just gradually falling apart as it goes. Sights are always off, the damage to the outer barrel seting area has caused the accuracy to drop and the kick is sparodic though it is only about one shot per magazine that does so. The slide lock is also odd in that it works well some times and badly others, with both magazines that I have.

I have threadlocked a lot of parts that needed it and keep the gun running but in terms of a performer it has near zero use. As it stands I take it to a game when I play indoors as I have a perfect little IWB holster for it that allows me to carry it off hand if needed but even then it has let me down. Still only paid £100 for it new with two magazines (shop discount and points reward scheme) so I don't mind too much :P.

'FireKnife'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It was a NOVA Kimber warrior kit for TM.

Did the milling on Slide and frame.
Sent to a local shop to get the Sig Logo marking and cerakote finished in FDE

This is what it was a few months back

12045210_10156156341805114_1838927635090
12062565_1639036506371265_1964980618_o_z

Based gun
TM 1911A1

Nova Kimber Warrior kit, milled, laser engraved and finished with Cerakote FDE.

All this parts are cerakoted in Graphite Black
-Nova Housing Magwell
-Nova Slide Stop
-Nova Grip Safety
-Nova Recoil Spring Plug & Guide
-Nova Thumb Safe
-Nova Trigger

Nova Hammer
Detonator Threaded Barrel
Ace 1 Arms Osp Suppressor
Monster Grip: Aluminium ver.
Chinese clone RMR