oznog

Hello all, I am new to airsoft.

I have played my first game at Black Ops in Thornbury (nr Bristol). I have hooked!!!

I have since bought an MP5 A2 firing at 318fps.

I am looking at other gear and already am contemplating a secondary weapon.

I was thinking Shotgun or pistol. How have other people got on?

Do you find a necessity to have asecondary for skirmish games?

All comments welcome.

Hey dude. Welcome to arnies and congratulations on your Mp5a2. A secondary is not essential, but I have a gas blow back pistol just as a fail safe. It has saved me from being caught out a fair few times, but apart from the pistol only games...I only tend to draw it out its holster perhaps 2 maybe 3 times because I have run out of ammo on my primary weapon. Gas pistols are a hell of a lot of fun though :) If you are fairly new to airsoft, I would recommend an AEP over a GBB because GBB's require quite a bit of maintenance. If you would like any help choosing a secondary or anything feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to help.

regards,

Ant :)

Hey dude.  Welcome to arnies and congratulations on your Mp5a2.  A secondary is not essential, but I have a gas blow back pistol just as a fail safe.  It has saved me from being caught out a fair few times, but apart from the pistol only games...I only tend to draw it out its holster perhaps 2 maybe 3 times because I have run out of ammo on my primary weapon.  Gas pistols are a hell of a lot of fun though :)  If you are fairly new to airsoft, I would recommend an AEP over a GBB because GBB's require quite a bit of maintenance.  If you would like any help choosing a secondary or anything feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to help.

regards,

Ant :)

Hi Ant,

Thanks for your warm welcome and advice.

I was under the impression that the AEP's were not as powerful and therefore didn't really have the range.

hey there, welcome! as for AEP's you are right to a certain extent... gas pistols do have more range and power, but the latest of tokyo marui's AEP's are definately worth a look-see, they are meant to be able to hold thier own as a backup in a skirmish, bear in mind that the only real time your going to HAVE to draw a backup is when your being swamped by enemies... in which case, at close range power isnt really as much of an issue... a hit is a hit... i dont think GBB's are too much effort to look after *he says as he's just sent his pistol off for repairs* :P but i have a HFC M190 FA, which is a superb little pistol! having a full auto function is insane too! really makes the enemy keep thier heads down! but feel free to PM me to with any questions i am happy to help! or find my MSN address by clicking on my name :D

hey there, welcome! as for AEP's you are right to a certain extent... gas pistols do have more range and power, but the latest of tokyo marui's AEP's are definately worth a look-see, they are meant to be able to hold thier own as a backup in a skirmish, bear in mind that the only real time your going to HAVE to draw a backup is when your being swamped by enemies... in which case, at close range power isnt really as much of an issue... a hit is a hit... i dont think GBB's are too much effort to look after *he says as he's just sent his pistol off for repairs*  :P but i have a HFC M190 FA, which is a superb little pistol! having a full auto function is insane too! really makes the enemy keep thier heads down! but feel free to PM me to with any questions i am happy to help! or find my MSN address by clicking on my name :D

Thanks DirtyMoFo for your comments. I thinks you are right. If there is a need to draw out a pistol the chances are you are within a short distance so the range and power would be that significant.

Thanks for your help.

Tim

Hi oznog and welcome to the forums :)

What Mofo said is true - I also suggest that you have a look Here for more info on other guns and gear :)

In the mean time, I don't suppose I could take a minute out of your life and ask you to fill in This for me? Its nice for newcomers to introduce them selves :) - Its just a bit of fun ^_^

Rob

Yeah I think an AEP would be a good choice. Just until you are more familiar with airsoft, maintenance and things like that...then move on to the GBB goodness. You can get 100 round magazines for AEP's too, which are cheaper than GBB mags and...well....100 rounds :D

As Kliskey said - have a look at the review database, and see what tickles your fancy :D

Hi oznog and welcome to the forums :)

What Mofo said is true - I also suggest that you have a look Here for more info on other guns and gear :)

In the mean time, I don't suppose I could take a minute out of your life and ask you to fill in This for me? Its nice for newcomers to introduce them selves :) - Its just a bit of fun ^_^

Rob

Hi Kliskey, thanks for your reply. I am a friend of Zagarol (Shane) and I know he is very gratefull for your help with his problem purchase. Thanks also for your invite (mail).

Top Bloke!

regards,

Tim.

Yeah I think an AEP would be a good choice.  Just until you are more familiar with airsoft, maintenance and things like that...then move on to the GBB goodness.  You can get 100 round magazines for AEP's too, which are cheaper than GBB mags and...well....100 rounds :D

As Kliskey said - have a look at the review database, and see what tickles your fancy :D

Hi Spantney,

Thanks for your advice. I didn't realise that AEP's were so popular among so many Airsoft friends.

regards,

Tim.

Archived