How do you hide yours?

Smith5

Now ive only been airsofting for a few months now, but in that short time ive filled a whole box of airsofting bits, mags, batteries, gas etc etc and thats fine. My family know about that and whilst they cant see why its worth doing or having this stuff, and, in the case of my mum, only just accepting that theres a replica gun under her sons bed, they dont mind.

Now heres my problem. What started as the truth has spiralled into a big lie, all because of my parents reaction when I told them how much my G36c cost (imagine jaws hitting floor and shoked and dissaproving looks on faces).

As far as my parents are concerned (the people who let me live in their house, will pay for my uni fee's, feed me etc) I have only spent about £300 to £400 on a single gun and a lot of extras to play the game properly. The real story is that I now have 2 rifles, only one that the know about, a pistol a CA Aug on order.

So far cover stories and clever concealment have kept these extra guns hidden, and somehow they now believe the second rifle case ive got for the M15 is simply to transort kit to and from skrmishes. But all these guns and more importatly the boxes for them are going to be discovered sooner or later (I dont want to throw them away just yet in case of the guns needing to be sent away for repairs or sale etc) but Im not sure how I can justify to them how ive spent nearly £1000 in the space of 2 months on this hobby if they ever did find the stash.

Has this happened to any of you guys? How did you climb out of the large hole you dug yourself into without being kicked out of the house and disowned (ok maybe not that bad, but having a pair of extreeeeeeemly ###### off parents!)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never tell the true cost.

Hiding boxes in the attic works well (At least if it is as messy as mine)

Making sure they dont see the gun too much, so you can claim a new one is the same one you had all along.

Lie convincingly :P

I used all four of the above at some point or another

Now no one cares anymore and accept stuff as the norm, though i tend to give conservative figures when asked the price of new kit still ;)

are you worried about the price and/or the fact that you will have another gun?

as 5thelement and rhino have said, say you got it cheap but if they dont want you to have another gun and need to hide that, maybe try your mates? the same happened to my mate while i was in japan, i ended up with my own 3 guns plus his 5...

Store it in pieces and when they find it tell them its just some cheap spares you got just in case.

However it depends on a few factors.

Where is the money coming from, do you have a job or is it money from your parents.

If you have a job its not really much of their buissness.

If the money is coming from them I coan see why they would be annoyed.

You say that they are going to find out anyway, it might be better to just tell them (but tone down the prices a bit ;) )

Edit: the real question being how are you going to get the aug into the house without them finding out? (presuming it is mail ordered).

Edit 2: Turn the box inside out

When I got my first AEG (a TM MP5) my father found out immediately and was furious! Well, that was in 2003 and now I have a rack full of guns in my room, which he can see every time he comes in :D but I have some evil military tactical stuff, that I store in a bag, of which some lay around in my room anyway. As long as your parents don't get to search your room (by cleaning under the bed etc.) just hide it simply.

Parents always find out in the end. Make sure you show them your guns and say they are cheap. Unles they want receipts, your okay.

Also its always best to show them what you have because imagen if they found out down the line, it would be worse then.

What type of bed do you have. If it one of the ones with a cuboid hollow base maybe you could like, put the guns inside it or something.

Also if you have a chest of drawers there is often a hollow space under the bottom drawer (you have to fully remove the bottom drawer to be able to see it). This is a fantastic place to hide stuff.

Parents always find out in the end. Make sure you show them your guns and say they are cheap. Unles they want receipts, your okay.

My parents never found out about my M9 or my Shotty or my Mac. There are a lot of toy/replica guns in my room so they don't tend to ask (or even notice) when a new one appears.

Bedrooms are often an untapped wealth of hiding places. Behind heavy old cupboards, ontop of curtain rails (probably a pistol only one), in the box for your other gun... (probably not the best one). Pistols can go behind headboards, rolled into sleeping bags/boxes for non airsoft stuff/inside your gear. Behind books on you book cases (if you have them and presuming no one else touches them). If you have an old console (broken N64/mega drive/xbox :P) etc then hollow it out and hide your pistol in it. A g19 will just about fit inside an ex rental video box.

In my trousers.

Sorry, had to be said

In all seriousness, i don't. I'll usually order something and then tell my mum i've brought something else, wait for a reaction and just walk off :D

I'm lucky though because if i did have to hide it i'd be screwed, i ran out of places to store all my airsoft stuff long ago :(

In all seriousness, i don't. I'll usually order something and then tell my mum i've brought something else, wait for a reaction and just walk off :D

exactly what i did when i got loads of springers from china :D they were so amazing for me even though they costed 1pound each anywayz i hid it in my closet and decided it was time my mum found out about it (my dad doesnt give a *beep* :D ) she didnt go beserk (surprisingly) so i would just tell the truth. Now i have to break it to my parents when i get my gas guns (god save me :huh: )

I never tell the prices, they know it's not cheap still they know that when I buy stuff and lack the cash for let's say some new threads they dont care, it's how I manage the money I have and that ends there. There is also this little thing that my room is so messed up I could hide a platoon's worth of rifles and LMG's and they wouldn't be even visible under the pile of clothes mixed with gear ;) none dare to enter my Kingdom! :D but generally the guys are right, Lie about the prices, say you bought it off cheap from a buddy or you're just storing it for him since his girlfriend/cat/goldfish doesn't approve(not parents!!! if you say that your friend's parents don't approve there will be problems) and of course inform your buddy you're using him as cover!

I recall a story from a friend of mine, he's nuts about knives. His wife doesn't approve the nives but even more the prices of some of them, so after buying a knife he knew he wouldn't hide in a jacket pocket or whatever (this huge butcher-like SOG seal 2000) so he put it in the kitchen knife drawer ;) We laughed our asses off when he told us that one day he comes back from work and his wife is preparing supper, slicing the bread with his 160$ knife ;) Never saw the knife in the field so it might have ben a hoax from his part, nevertheless a funny scenario ;)

If your parents are willing to wear a helmet with a projector and combiner with it, and you spend more money on a computer and wireless connections...this just might work...

When I got my SPAS 12 (huge box), I just hid my pistols inside that. And lied about the price of everything.

I suppose moving out is not an option for you yet?

Where you get the money to buy all the stuff? If it's your own money from allowrance or part time jobs, your parents shouldn't go all crazy about how you spend it.

In any case, you are welcome to store all your airsoft equipment at my place. Just ship them over after each skirmish, and I'll ship them back to you right before your next skirmish, I promise. :D

I told my parents when I bought my MP5 and Glock back in December... then in the last month I've bought 3 armalites and 2 G36s over about £3000. I kept them at my mates until after Town Assault 2 and came back home after it with 5 new guns and a tonne of ###### and said "I won them" at the weekender competition thing.

Worked amazingly well... you should try it! "Smith5"

Hi,

i don't have to hide my airsofts but many years ago when my mother would go ballistic if i owned a cap gun (i love irony), i found many good places to hide things.

Hide pistols outside of your room, hide 'em where they don't expect so won't look, and one place they don't expect is the stairs/landing, the crooked at the bottom of the stairs is an excellent place if you have an understairs cubboard it's out of the way and they won't look there. The Airing cubboard; ever noticed how dark it is and how you don't want to go feeling around in there? well same goes for your mum, find a dark corner wrap it in a dark material and then put a pile of towels over it, never be found, honestly who grabs the bottom towel from a pile of fresh ones? the main rule is don't go getting them out every ten minutes or they'll clock that you have something there

the rifle thats a bit trickier. might i suggest reaking it down to make it easier to conceal, freshly launder your DPM's and hide a small piece it them, the large bit probably reciever, get a 1/48 or 1/32 airfix model and hide it in the box for that (depending on the box you may get both parts of the AEG in, you also get a nice task to make the model.

i doubt you'll get away with the 'it's the same gun' ploy because the AUG is rather unique. I'd also suggest laying off the spending for a while until they've got used to the idea of guns lying around

Cheers

Mig

Funny situation for me. In my youth years, I never got anything I wanted. My parents disallowed me spending money, even if it was my own. I had a paper route since I was a kid, and later worked for the government. So I collected and stashed for several years, just to blow it all on airsoft when I finally got the chance to seek a hobby.

Ahh..reading that over is actually quite depressing. Nevertheless, airsoft is for the win.

Archived