How do you hide yours?

Smith5

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea the moneys all mine, full time work. Its not that they would murder me for it, I just feel bad buying all this stuff (even though its all sooo good lol) when I know that they have offered to fund me through uni when I eventually go. Dam concience(sp?) making me feel bad about so many good things hiding under my bed.

As for getting the stuff in the house, its all too easy, which doesnt help! I normally either go out on my days off(wich due to my rota are never the same as my parents) and get things or time the ordering so that the stuff arrives on my days off.

Looks like lying about the prices is the way forward, think ill tell em about the nice £30 USP pistol first then the dead cheap bargain on my m15 for £100 :D

Thanks guys and gals, you've helped ease my concience.

Try putting yourself in your parents shoes. How would you feel if your paying your child's way through Uni and find out they are blowing a 1000 quid on toys?

So how about getting a part time job and start paying part of your own Uni fees and offering your parents something for rent and food. This wouldn't even be a issue then.

Or you could take the approach of:

"Well mum and dad it's like this - you can have a statistically normal son who right about now is blowing all his cash on booze and drugs, or you can have me who buys toy guns."

Either way you win.......except for the taking drugs part of course, manly men only need beer :D

don't feel bad about them funding you higher education and you spending all your hard earned cash on airsoft ;) It's their intention to give you a good start and it's yours to have fun while you still can, I'm sure they'll understand ;) besides that's how it goes, after some time you'll be the one bringing them groceries on your way home from work when they won't have the strenght to go out shopping ;) everything's accounted for in this deal ;) besides, who would expect you to start putting money on the university fund or saving to buy a house just yet? ;) personally, at 23 now, finishing my University degree I have many friends with savings worth no more than 1,5 decent AEG ;) including myself(actually I spent it all not so long ago so let's not go too far ;) ), and still all they do is eat it up on partying ect, and then when they have a clean account they save and save untill the next 2-3 months when they let it all go on some heavy booze fund or whatever ;) at least you're having good healthy fun, fulfilling several fantasies at one, of guns, recreation, getting to know the nature and your local wildlife, meeting friends ect and all of that in a healthy atmosphere of friendship and competitive sport :D go airsoft! :D

at one point many years ago i had to, hell im 25 and they complain about ho much i spend on gear. but with the ammount ive got its not just a passing fancy

if it is your money be adult and just tell them. ive decided to buy X or X ammount from X place with my cash. just dont ask for money afterwards or before hand., hiding it makes it worse casue if they do find it then you will be in the ######

Well, if you make enough money in your current job, you may want to think about moving out. If not, maybe at least try to save up for your own uni fund, so you won't feel too guilty spending your parents' money.

In any case, lying about your hobby is not recommended. You don't need to actively inform them of anything you buy, but you don't have to try to hide anything either. Like you said, they wouldn't murder you for it, and airsoft is not really something bad. Just store your airsoft bits as usual, and if they see an increase of guns in your room, and ask about them, just tell them truthfully that you use some of the money you earned to buy the guns. They'll eventually accept it.

I'm afraid that I don't see why you need more than one AEG at your age. I'm 21 and I still only have one (I used to have two, but the one was up for sale for a while and I finally managed to sell it to a friend).

That being said, I have sunk and will sink enough money into it to buy a brand new AEG and then some.

I personally prefer the hide-in-plain-sight method myself. It might not work with your parents, though. It works with mine....

It works thus: Rather than hiding your guns, you leave them laying around your room (but not in any place that the gun will scream 'I'M A GUN!' Also, do not use it or carry it into or out of your house at anytime your 'rents might be around. Do NOT touch it). Then your parents will see it but it won't register in their conscious minds. This should work for weeks or months. But it might also only work for days or not at all.

Then, when they do get around to noticing it consciously, you can tell them (truthfully) that you've had it for a while. If they ask you how much it cost you can tell them (maybe or maybe not a lie) that you don't remember.

Or course, either way, they'll want to know why you have so many of them....

I'm afraid that I don't see why you need more than one AEG at your age. I'm 21 and I still only have one (I used to have two, but the one was up for sale for a while and I finally managed to sell it to a friend).

I must say I don't really see why age determines how many AEG's you need, surely a 40 year old doesn't need anymore than a 15 year old. The only difference is their disposable income and this guy is in full time employment so has a fair bit at his age, and quite probably more than a 40 year old seen as he doesn't have a morgage, a wife or 2 kids.

Cheers

Mig

take your guns out side then come in later with them and go strate to your mum and dad and say one of your mates just sold you them for like £30 if they dont no much about airsoft they will belive you

I get all my parcels sent to my dads offices (never at home to sign for them). I just say "its for a friend and im fixing it for him". My mum dose not have a clue how many guns i have and when she saw my M14 she thought it was my air rifle :D They are not loosing any money and everything i spend is made from old stuff i sell on ebay.

Dont bother with hiding, just leave it in the open, and when they ask "whats that" Oh, XXXXXX sold it to me, was a bargain.

When they look suspiciously at you:

"Would i leave something like that in the open if i wasnt getting it for £1 and a rolo? (insert a real price)

Or, the good old "Oh, I've had that for AGES"

Dom

Well heres a good one i have used for many things in the past. Most standard sets of draws have a panel of wood below the bottom draw about 6-7inches tall, this can easily be removed allowing you to conceal whatever you want.

I take no responsibility for the use of these plans resulting in the death of small mammals.

cupboard0bj.th.jpg

or just take your bottom draw out slap em on the floor underneath it then replace the draw.

when i order stuff i send it to the office, i lie about the price, and store stuff in pieces, i hide stuff in boxes, and i do the hiding in plain site routine.

when i lived with my parents i always worked and didnt ask for money so any hobby was better than smoking dope. now that i live with my woman, she watches my money like a hawk, thats why i have to have multiple bank acounts and paypal and ebay acounts, and do all the hiding.

sometimes i find the hiding and getting away with stuff more fun that the actual hobby im participating in.

Although she did start to figure out how much stuff actually cost, last year when i was racing RC all winter and she would tag along sometimes. But i think with airsoft, her hatred of guns and the military should keep me in the clear for a long time.

I must say I don't really see why age determines how many AEG's you need, surely a 40 year old doesn't need anymore than a 15 year old. The only difference is their disposable income and this guy is in full time employment so has a fair bit at his age, and quite probably more than a 40 year old seen as he doesn't have a morgage, a wife or 2 kids.

Cheers

Mig

True enough. But you really only need one good AEG and some back up weapons (ie: probably a max of three non-rifle airsoft weapons: one spring shotgun, one GBB, one AEP or some other combination thereof). If you've gotten your primary over the CQC fps limit, or your primary is a DMR or sniper weapon, then you need a CQC AEG. And then you can spend all that money that you would have spent on new guns modding your one gun to suit your personal tastes. I find that expensive gear and accessories inspire fewer questions than cheap camouflage and any number of combinations of AEGs.

I'd personally wait until moving out, so I don't have to answer to anyone, to start buying a collection of airsoft weapons. But those are my personal opinions.

Archived