How do you hide yours?

Smith5

imo the best way to hide how much stuff you have it to keep it in plain sight. i know it sounds odd but its true. argos sell stackable storage boxes for about £10 for 6 which are big enough to store most tac gear, mags, batterys ammo etc in and noone can see in anything apart from the top boxes and if there full of ammo and mags noone will pay much attention to them. for rifles just prop them up in a corner once you get more than 3-4 unless someones paying close attention they wont notice when a new ones added and when they do just use the old "i got it cheap/i've had it ages" line

as for that you only need one aeg thing thats true you do only need one aeg but the same can be said about cars we only need a 1.1 3/5 door hatch but lets face it its more fun to have a 6 liter V8 coupe or some other stupidly fast sports car just like its more fun to have more than one aeg. after all variety is the spice of life, and lets face it what else would us airsofters spend our money on?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
when i order stuff i send it to the office, i lie about the price, and store stuff in pieces, i hide stuff in boxes, and i do the hiding in plain site routine.

when i lived with my parents i always worked and didnt ask for money so any hobby was better than smoking dope. now that i live with my woman, she watches my money like a hawk, thats why i have to have multiple bank acounts and paypal and ebay acounts, and do all the hiding.

sometimes i find the hiding and getting away with stuff more fun that the actual hobby im participating in.

Although she did start to figure out how much stuff actually cost, last year when i was racing RC all winter and she would tag along sometimes. But i think with airsoft, her hatred of guns and the military should keep me in the clear for a long time.

Thats why in some select circles, Marriage is a worse fate than death itself. ;)

Yeah my mum goes balistic too, I'm glad I'm not alone!

Today I had some stuff come and it came to about £50 but I said it only cost £10 :P

She thinks airsoft is a little boys game with plastic guns lol, I try and plan orders to come when shes at work but it dosnt always work.

i had a deagle and a glock once, my mum didnt even know when i took them both down to shoot in the garden

i hide them under my bed, say its the same gun, say it was cheap

just use all iof them

even its my mates and im looing after it because HIS mum dont know

Unfortinately for me, I don't have a credit card, and don't live anywhere near a walk in store. I have to use my dad's credit card and give him the cash, meaning he always knows exactly how much I spend, not that he cares, but my mom sure does.

I'm afraid that I don't see why you need more than one AEG at your age. I'm 21 and I still only have one (I used to have two, but the one was up for sale for a while and I finally managed to sell it to a friend).

Its called varitey. And i dont see why people cant have as many AEG's as they want.

I'm 16 and i have 5, and i use them all for different roles. Also its nice being able to swap gun half way through the day ;):)

EDIT : And if one AEG goes down you have another to use :P

my dad doesn't like guns, he fought in the Isreali Army, and doesn't let me have airsoft guns. So I have to hide them, and I have about 6-7 total. He found out about me ordering my ca33e, and i said I would return it when it came in. I still have it though :)

My dad used to moan at me at me saying 'I can't believe you've spent just under a grand so you can run around a field shooting people every other weekend' to which i eventually a replied 'I can't believe that you've spent a couple of grand building an off road land rover that just sits on the drive'

That shut him up :P

True enough. But you really only need one good AEG and some back up weapons (ie: probably a max of three non-rifle airsoft weapons: one spring shotgun, one GBB, one AEP or some other combination thereof). If you've gotten your primary over the CQC fps limit, or your primary is a DMR or sniper weapon, then you need a CQC AEG. And then you can spend all that money that you would have spent on new guns modding your one gun to suit your personal tastes. I find that expensive gear and accessories inspire fewer questions than cheap camouflage and any number of combinations of AEGs.

I just don't tell my dad about anything i buy, only my mom. Although we do use my dad's money, heh. Although he doesn't ussually figure it out until he sees he looks up his account, heh. If we do use his money, I pay him back, so its all good in the end.

I admit, it was not necesary at all for me to buy my M16 since I still had a perfectly good Famas. Honestly, I bought it because I wanted to make a USMC impression kit. However, in the end it turned out to be very good, I have loaned my Famas to friends and even my dad. Now my dad really likes airsofting and my brother wants to go to, hence why I bought my M14. :)

When I got my first AEG (a TM MP5) my father found out immediately and was furious! Well, that was in 2003 and now I have a rack full of guns in my room, which he can see every time he comes in :D but I have some evil military tactical stuff, that I store in a bag, of which some lay around in my room anyway. As long as your parents don't get to search your room (by cleaning under the bed etc.) just hide it simply.

What kind of evil stuff?

I don't hide anything, just the prices. And I do do my best to pay them back, separately, each with part of the money, so that they don't keep getting gobs of $300 at a time. My dad knows the prices of most of the stuff though, and supports me to a degree. A lot of a degree, he does pay for some things.

Cheers,

Crispin1025

What kind of evil stuff?

I don't hide anything, just the prices.  And I do do my best to pay them back, separately, each with part of the money, so that they don't keep getting gobs of $300 at a time.  My dad knows the prices of most of the stuff though, and supports me to a degree.  A lot of a degree, he does pay for some things.

Cheers,

Crispin1025

probally some (reading)magazines ;)

my dads thing is that if can afford a $400 dollar airsoft gun why dont you buy the real thing

Your father, like mine, has clearly never looked at guns, recently.

Only thing $400 would buy you is a good condition K98 or similar. $400 won't even buy you a Government M1911A1 or M9.

Archived