Gear for an IRA impression

Crandall

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should have been whatever Crandall wanted it to be. Sure he'd have got a kinder response but if Crandall wants to go specifically for an IRA look as opposed to an ETA look (whatever that might be) then that's his choice. You could as easily say that the responses should all have read "DPM's and a black balaclava" instead of people getting offended by some clothing worn to play a game, but then that would deny everyone the right to express themselves in a way that causes no physical harm to others.

Wouldn't a British army loadout get about the same reaction in NI? It's all about perspective. The only one that really bothered me was the guy who wanted to dress as a branch of the SS who guarded concentration camps. I couldn't quite see how he was going to be authentic, unless he was going to steal everyone's money, lock them in the safe zone, then throw smoke grenades in.

:zorro:

Wouldn't a British army loadout get about the same reaction in NI? It's all about perspective.

:zorro:

NO!

terrorists are terrorists

what sectarian monsters have done is still very fresh in the hearts minds of people here

very few people law abiding people have issues with the security forces in northern ireland

just to give a bit of perspective

Army R.O.H.

Police R.O.H.

these lists are only for the security forces

thousands of innocent civilians where murder, even more have suffered violence, fear and intimidation (just for being born protestant or catholic)

remember northern ireland only has a population of around 1.5 million

• 2 weeks later...
Yes... back on track

I'm thinking any civis with a shemaugh and an AK would work.

If you want to go for the Hollywood look, you could try:

Jeans

Black Leather jacket

Skimask (way more t'risty than a balaclava IMHO)

TM AK-47S

Shoulder Bag for Magazines

I'm thinking kinda like the look used in Patriot Games with Sean Bean

lol, just saw that movie an hour ago and was thinking of doing an IRA loadout. took me a while of rewinding and playing to figure out that the pistol was a Walter P9, at which point i went into depression because no airsoft model exists. (to my knowledge) :angry:

I am also going to need an all black AK74 and a fake bomb. (to blow up the cars) just like in the movie

Jeans, t-shirt, leather/DPM jacket, old trainers and always a balaklava.  My fave saying is "The IRA, supplied by the British army since 1963" :P  An AK is more realistic than a G3.

wrong, more like an m16a1 seeing as the ira were supplied, by america (i didnt say that, i dont know it as a fact its wat ive been told because ira have many m16s, its the irish american shtuff) possibly AK47 if nothin else availiable

jeans, t shirt, leather jacket, maybe celtic shirt to show there catholic a blaclava (woolen) any civvies and a balaclava will do, dont wear a rangers football shirt, there protastant also no union jacks(unless you want to be the ulster unionist guys)

wrong, more like an m16a1 seeing as the ira were supplied, by america (i didnt say that, i dont know it as a fact its wat ive been told because ira have many m16s, its the irish american shtuff) possibly AK47 if nothin else availiable

jeans, t shirt, leather jacket, maybe celtic shirt to show there catholic a blaclava (woolen) any civvies and a balaclava will do, dont wear a rangers football shirt, there protastant also no union jacks(unless you want to be the ulster unionist guys)

It depends on what era you want to portray. in the 60s and early 70s an M16A1 would be correct but later on AKs became far more common.

I've been looking on google for information for what gear the IRA uses. I've found nothing so far besides my avatar picture (heavier OD jacket, face covering thing, beret, G3A3) .

That wouldn't be too practical in the summer though. So basically I'm looking for what gear they use, and what guns they use. Any and all help is appreciated :)

FKN romanticising yanks ffs. are you serious?

Archived