Gear for an IRA impression

Crandall

Thank you, as I've wanted to say, it's just a game, but perhaps I should go with a less.. controversial ( ? ) impression.

Do a civialian contractor impression or something

God only knows why u wanted an IRA impression

setting the contravorsial issues aside they basicly wear DPM and a pair of jeans heck half the rentals i see wear the same......

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do a civialian contractor impression or something

God only knows why u wanted an IRA impression

setting the contravorsial issues aside they basicly wear DPM and a pair of jeans heck half the rentals i see wear the same......

I wanted to do it because it's different. I've done the PMC thing to death, and TBH I'm getting bored of it.

I wanted to do it because it's different. I've done the PMC thing to death, and TBH I'm getting bored of it.

Seals, Spetsnaz, OMON, SAS, RMC...theres a hell of alot more loads outs you could go for... instead of doing an impression of the scum of the earth.

maybe do a little homework on the IRA and you'd understand everyones reation.

Seals, Spetsnaz, OMON, SAS, RMC...theres a hell of alot more loads outs you could go for... instead of doing an impression of the scum of the earth.

maybe do a little homework on the IRA and you'd understand everyones reation.

I understand why people got angry (well not really, it's just a game) but I've seen people do taliban load outs, and people have said they were nice, and really good, etc.

It hasnt been mentioned much, but you're forgetting the crucial part of the loadout, Guiness and a nasty attitude.

I did a picture to help you see what you should look like.

post-5041-1149356547_thumb.jpg

Note the PKM and guiness, two weapons you should not be without.

Dont forget the balaclava too

ill happily second what Pablo said, plus you can do any loadout and offend someone... for instance, when the US have had thier fair few freindly fire insidents in Iraq, the families of the british people killed could be offended by someone doing a US loadout... similarly if a family member of a US troop who was killed in a freindly fire insident by the British then they may well be offended by a British loadout... my point is not everyone is going to be happy...

may i point out that the IRA are past tence (i sincerely hope) so your first post is a little wrong.

also, i recently watched an RAF training video, which portrayed the IRA as wearing old dpm's with balaclava's or dpm trousers with black fleecie tops, or jeans and dpm tops, or a mix of both, and balaclava's all round, or shamaghs (sp?) and AK varients.. :)

I think theres a line to be drawn, the IRA killed a hell of a lot more people than on 9/11.

I feel this is bad, just down the road was the Manchester and Warrignton bombings, in the Warrington bombings children died it made the IRA in a very negative view.

The RAF killed a helluva lot more people than that too during WW2. Wouldn't stop me wearing their gear (and my dad was in the RAF and the Army).

We dress in a military style, ergo we look like the military or paramilitary. These people kill people - for various motives. No matter what you wear, you look like a killer.

I know that most people don't join the military in order to kill people, but they are still joining an organisation that kills people. If you accept that it's okay to dress like a soldier in a "legitimate" state military, why not in an "illegitimate" non-state paramiltary? It's just clothes, after all.

I think theres a line to be drawn, the IRA  killed a hell of a lot more people than on 9/11.

I feel this is bad, just down the road was the Manchester and Warrignton bombings, in the Warrington bombings children died it made the IRA in a very negative view.

And the Marines have killed women and children in Iraq, execution-style (actually, the investigation is still on going). That's not going to stop anyone from wearing MARPAT or MCCUUs.

(There will be an edit shortly to deal with the W-SS comment.)

EDIT:

Really? That's a revisionist theory!

Perhaps the US Marines believe they are fighting to make George Bush's Oil Baron backers even richer...Oh, wait....

Cheers.

History is nothing but a series of revisions gained through newly looked at evidence, with new political views, and new theories. Given the main recruitment method used ('Come kill Communists!', 'Save the Fatherland from the Soviet Union!' and 'Save the World from Communist Oppression!', and so forth) and the attempt by the government of Estonia to build a monument to the soldiers of the Waffen-SS who died trying to 'save' them from the Soviet Union... it's probably a safe bet to say that a great number of them were in it to fight Communism.

It's only fault (from a certain Ann Coulter-esque view) is that it was born a decade too soon. If the Waffen-SS had been born in the 1950s, it would have recieved funding from NATO, and be lauded in the movie theaters to this day as being an organization of heros and freedom fighters.

What the hell is the problem with the IRA loadout? I have a Talibani loadout, and if someone wants to bleat about it being insensitive, it's just a game and they need to get over it.

Welcome to life, lesson 102 - people won't always like your choices. It's up to YOU to make them, and for others to tell you what an idiot you are.

Go for it, do a nice simple IRA loadout (not hard, really) and post a pic up on this forum, because I'm looking forward to it.

To all the people complaining about the IRA, I think they're poopies too, but ya know what? I don't care if he dresses as them, as long as he understands why people would object.

*edit - Poopies? WTF, word filter!

I think theres a line to be drawn, the IRA  killed a hell of a lot more people than on 9/11.

Unlike before when they had been considered cuddly lovable rogues who could be trusted to look after the kids & do the ironing. :)

Why would being dressed as a "bad guy" of any type be considered unethical in an airsoft GAME? Do a "Armed robber" loadout that would be identical but with out any inferred ideology attached.

Just don't dress in Dutch football kit.

Right, i personally don't see any problem with doing a "terrorist" load out of any kind, be it Middle Eastern or Western/European. As long as you don't take it seriously..

Besides, they're pretty much all the same. A mix of army surplus, civi clothes and an AK.

But remember this, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Edit: spelling

Okay, on topic, you got it..

Jeans/Plain Colour Fatigues.

Camo Smock/Jacket of some description

Balaclava or Baseball cap & bandana/necktie thing

Random footwear.

Any sort of rifle is acceptable, but an AK or UZI would look better.

Just a bog standard terrorist loadout, they're all the same. There's no point in putting a label on it. That's just asking for trouble in my honest opinion.

This thread has just annoyed me quite a bit, it's a tad insensitive, but i'm more annoyed about people talking about the paramilitaries (whatever side) from this country when they actually have no idea what they are talking about.

This thread should probably be locked to be honest.

Archived