Gear for an IRA impression

Crandall

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rhino was quite clear; can the politics, or this gets locked. What do YOU want to happen B)

Hmm, what did you just say a post ago?

I too recommend this thread be locked. I wouldn't want someone dressing up as the Oklahoma city bomber, running around with a pistol and a van full of airsoft grenades to give an "impression" of domestic terrorism. I wouldn't want someone running around with a derringer claiming to be John Wilks Booth "assassinating" people to "recreate" the assassination of President Lincoln. I think that enough has been said here.

Cheers!

Crispin1025

Seems we have a difference of opinion here. Some people don't like it, some people do, others don't give a monkeys. Well, that's life I guess.

Well, I think the question has been answered by now so on THAT basis lockage sounds fair to me. Locking a thread 'cos I don't like it sounds frankly undemocratic to me.

I have never been to a site that said "You can play dressed like that" because someone turned up with trainers, jeans & a hoodie/balaclava. That's what 90% of first timers have.

If someone turned up with a T-shirt with "I Love PIRA" on it I can see a problem. No one here is advocating support for any terrorist organization or condoning their actions.

Please stop all this alarmist PC bleating and get back to shooting each other. :)

I have never been to a site that said "You can play dressed like that" because someone turned up with trainers, jeans & a hoodie/balaclava. That's what 90% of first timers have.

If someone turned up with a T-shirt with "I Love PIRA" on it I can see a problem. No one here is advocating support for any terrorist organization or condoning their actions.

Please stop all this alarmist PC bleating and get back to shooting each other. :)

Right, Political bolocks and over-pc meandering removed. I really don't want to have to lock this because it's a valid question. Anyone who took offence really, really needs to think about themselves and how seriously they are taking what is, after all, a GAME.

Yes... back on track :)

I'm thinking any civis with a shemaugh and an AK would work.

If you want to go for the Hollywood look, you could try:

Jeans

Black Leather jacket

Skimask (way more t'risty than a balaclava IMHO)

TM AK-47S

Shoulder Bag for Magazines

I'm thinking kinda like the look used in Patriot Games with Sean Bean

hey mate,

if you've got ultimate force theres an episode which is pretty much exclusively (P?)IRA in the first series.

anyway yes you have the bog standard terrorist look in which you basically look like a walk on gamer, but what about playing as an illegal Vehicle Checkpoint man?

it'd just give more of a specfic look than a newb. basically the same get up except throw in some '58 pattern webbing and loose the balaclava (which isn't fun in summer) and maybe a fictious beret of some kind ( i wouldn't wear IRA, Hamas or any other type of real world terro insignia ;) , apart from not going down well at the game site good luck explaining it to the police if your stopped for some reason)

Cheers

Mig

I got a great idea. Im just gonna guess people've seen the movie Heat, well dress up like the bank robbers when they robbed the banks/ the money truck. Like, PT armor with a few strips of velcro stitched on to hold mags. Let me see if I can get some screens.

11111.jpg

capture123123123.jpg

12312312312312321.jpg

21312312.jpg

11111333.jpg

You can notice on the left sides of their vests they have about 3 magazines on there. I'm not sure I'm going to try to do this, as I find PT armor cumbersome in a woodland enviornment, and the whole black gear thing will stick out bad.

For carrying mags, I'd use some kind of O.D bag slung loosely over the sholder, and have mags taped together in 2's using red insulation tape.

Good idea with the armour btw, that'd be cool for a high end ira terrorist loadout.

Gunwise I'd have to go with either a G3(as you have done) or an AK74. The only reason behind the ak74 is the IRA guys in rainbow six had them, but im not sure if this is accurate either. If you could pick up an airsoft STEN somehow that would be uber cool for your IRA loadout.

Really, just go with what looks right to you, and yeah basicly i wouldnt imagine IRA look any different from the usual terrorist/rebel loadouts you see, try looking in the terrorist/rebel loadout picture thread for inspiration.

For carrying mags, I'd use some kind of O.D bag slung loosely over the sholder, and have mags taped together in 2's using red insulation tape.

Good idea with the armour btw, that'd be cool for a high end ira terrorist loadout.

Gunwise I'd have to go with either a G3(as you have done) or an AK74. The only reason behind the ak74 is the IRA guys in rainbow six had them, but im not sure if this is accurate either. If you could pick up an airsoft STEN somehow that would be uber cool for your IRA loadout.

Really, just go with what looks right to you, and yeah basicly i wouldnt imagine IRA look any different from the usual terrorist/rebel loadouts you see, try looking in the terrorist/rebel loadout picture thread for inspiration.

armour is not accurate

high end is not accurate

any gun is accurate (pre 90's is best)

spare mags wouldnt be very accurate

but i think your bank robber loadout would be much better

how seriously they are taking what is, after all, a GAME

Tell that to any squaddy who served in NI, or any families of bombing victims on the mainland etc. It's not a valid question it's a dumb one. I bet squaddies would see this topic and imediately thank you for keeping it open, afterall it's only a game. I'm sure they'll see it that way. Perhaps you should ask the same on the ARRSE forums?

Had someone done a 9/11 terrorist bombers loadout the forums would be up in arms. Teenagers across the US would be working overtime on making those silly patriotic banners with those "remember this that and the other" ribbons.

I've worn a terrorist loadout before now, and a UK squaddie loadout. I've also attempted a SWAT loadout. Airsoft is a game. Yes, there are real world issues but that's not what airsoft is about. Airsoft is a game. The day I start getting offended because of what someone wears is the day I punch myself repeatedly in the face, because I refuse to let myself be that person. Clothes do not make the man.

Edit: I'm not having a go, you're entitled to your opinion and believe me I can understand it but I refuse to subscribe to it.

We've allways said though wear what you want, but don't name the unit. Hence why none of the brit loadouts i've done where "para" or "sas" etc or had the badges. Doing IRA is no longer being generic terrorist though is it? You're accepting that you want to replicate that branch of terrorism.

Who's "we"? I haven't got a problem with someone wearing unit insignia. My son wears unit insignia on his Vietnam loadout. We both have UN patches. I know a team who wear the insignia of the British SS unit. It's their choice. They don't subscribe to the same politics, they just choose to go for a particular look.

Archived