Which Aug?

Smith5

I want Steyr Aug and am considering getting the CA one when it comes out here. Im not sure I want the marui one as Ive heard problems of barrel wobble and that the parts the body and casing is made from arent that good. I have handled the Marui Aug, which is how I know I like the Aug model, but I havent been able to compare the two makes directly.

After my CA m15A4 rifles performance wansnt quite as good as I thought it would be today, and the large amounts of abuse hurled my way for coming to a game with any CA gun, and the further abuse that followed for considering buying a second CA gun, Im not sure if I want one any more.

Im sure the build quality will be astounding and on par with the amazing finish on my M15, but what will the performance be like. Is it going to break after a few days use (apparently according to my team mates)? Is it going to be a kipper in a guns clothing?

I dont want to go spending another £220 or so on another AEG that, whilst it looks fantastic, could have more range and stopping power if I used it as a club?

Please advise me and help me spend my money wisely.

(edit for excessive use of the word directly)

Thanks

After my CA m15A4 rifles performance wansnt quite as good as I thought it would be today, and the large amounts of abuse hurled my way for coming to a game with any CA gun, and the further abuse that followed for considering buying a second CA gun, Im not sure if I want one any more.

It sound like you play with a group that have their heads in the sand and would not know a good AEG fro a kick in the nuts.

I've never had issues with any CA gun. I owned some of the old MP5 models that kinda gave CA a bad name many moons ago. The M15 range are fine, changing the stock HOP on the earlier versions is advised by most people. Personally my pre-yellow gears M15A2 worked well enough. The only other things to be done were to add accesories, I think a "clean" M16 looks good though.

I've no experience of the CA AUG so I'd suggest reading the review threads.

Good Hunting.

Whoever told you your M15 is going to break in a few days is talking ######. Were you not impressed with its performance or did your so called team "mates" tell you it was bad? From the news I've heard of the latest CA guns, they're excellent.

I'd wait for a few reviews of the CA AUG first, but it'll probably be a better deal overall.

I used to own the TM AUG civvie, it was a very solid piece. You should read some reviews about the TM one, as there are plenty out there. I don't really understand what you mean by barrel wobble, as the thing was a solid piece of metal.

As for CA in general, they used to have a questionable reputation, but I've only heard good things in the past year or so, and while I don't own one, 6 or 7 of the people I normally play with do, and they haven't had any serious problems.

The Marui AUG does not have barrel wobble, dunno what made you think that. What does wobble is the front grip on the TM AUG, I am not sure if the CA AUG front grip wobbles or not. It is made from plastic just like every other AUG, so i don't understand how it would have lesser quality materials. In fact, imo, its more solid than many other aeg's out there. Certainly the CA AUG will have a better finish, and if its quality is as good as the new CA15, the CA AUG would be a good choice.

Whoever said the CA were bad are full of ######. The new CA15's are very good and I would take a CA aramlite over a TM aramlite without a second's hesitation. My CA15A4 rifle was very good, and it only suffered from a weakish hop up, which is easily replaced compared broken tabs and barrel wobble on TM versions.

btw, if the performance of your M15 isn't satisfactory, its either broken or airsoft in England isn't for you.

they shoot at the limits of most sites when stock, i don't see how their performance could get any better.

Only problem with the TM AUG is that the front grip can break off.

Not idea of the CA version is any stronger.

CA internals are usually stronger and harder shooting that TMs.

Depends if you want the Military (CA) or Civilian model. Of course you could just wait it out until CA realease their civilian model... and everyone's hoping the A3 model :)

Saying that I have a TM AUG: it's pretty damn good - bare in mind that I upgrade my stuff almost straight away

You guys, it doesn't matter if you have "heard" things. Person experiance with the gun is what is valuable, not this guy who told this guy who told this guy who told me.

I'm still warry of CA internals because although they are better than they were they still arn't that great. The guns that do work, work great, but there are many that have multiple problems (speaking from experiance with CA MP5's, m4's, m15's, one m16, and G36's).

I would stick with a TM AUG. Even if you trust CA's internals, the CA AUG is rather new and so will most likely have problems, although that is speculation because I dont own one, nor have I seen one in person.

TM AUGs stock are very good and there is no barrel wobble as the top receiver/barrel is all metal. (i know i have one)

tho good luck getting a TM mil

CA aus i cant really comment on see ive never seen one never mind held one...

wait for a while (read some CA/TM aug reviews ) before making up ur mind

i havet used the CA one but i have used the TM one and found is to be a nice gun, the one i used did have a slite barlle wobble but it was as reat a gun, so go figure. untill the CA one has had a few months on the market, it stick with the TM one.

Yes, durable guns they are. I dropped mine barrel down on the hard ground, picked it up and it fired fine, with hardly even a scratch on it. The front handle is a little flimsy though, I usually just keep mine folded up. I would imagine the CA Augs are just as durable if not more, but don't take my word for it.

Once the "A3" kit comes out you could even add your own vert grip and you get all the other rails for whatever **** you want to put on there. That kit can't be used with the Military version though so it all depends on wether you're gonna be happy with the intergrated sights or you want to choose it yourself.

Personally I prefer the A3 kit cause a) it looks better in my opinion and B ) you get to keep the carry handle

Thats just how I feel though and I guess they aren't the best reasons but the A3 kit is going to be out before CA even get round to finishing the Civvie version let alone an actual A3.

The barrel wobble problem is easily fixed by first removing the forgrip and tightening a screw under it. Also CA Aug guns may seem strong, however the reliability is not as much compared to the TM and the TM guns can be upgraded more than a CA. CA internals are also not strong such as thier wirings and pistons. Systema parts will also not fit in CA guns. I recommend a TM AUG instead, but the CA Aug Military is good if left stock since the military model is rare.

i would say those that want to believe the old stories of "CA are poor" can believe it as those that do go CA will be happy in the knowledge that they have a hard shooting,fullmetal rifle with way better rate of fire and performance not to mention finish and attention to detail for a much better price than TM rip you off for !

i have owned or do own most TM,ICS and CA rifles and have now repleced most of my armoury with CA versions.

If i were buying another Armalite i would not consider anything other than CA

The barrel wobble problem is easily fixed by first removing the forgrip and tightening a screw under it. Also CA Aug guns may seem strong, however the reliability is not as much compared to the TM and the TM guns can be upgraded more than a CA. CA internals are also not strong such as thier wirings and pistons. Systema parts will also not fit in CA guns. I recommend a TM AUG instead, but the CA Aug Military is good if left stock since the military model is rare.

The CA AUG has been out for less than a month. In other words, you're talking out of your *albartroth*, because you can't possibly know anything about the long term performance of the gun.

Give me six months and I'll get back to you on whether the CA AUG is worth it.

Firstly my CA m15 performs great, so maybe you should take it back, as yours sounds duff. Also get this striaght you got abuse for using a ca?, It out performes most other stock guns. What guns do they all have that are so good that they can laugh at a CA M15, I am yet to see anouther gun which can match my ROF, my fps are on site limits, and my hop may be the old one but it still shots nicly.

Is it me, or is this thread about the AUG, not about the M15?

Anyway, moving on. The AUG is a great rifle, can't do better. The bullpup design allows a long barrel in a short overall package, giving great accuracy and flexibility for woodland or urban use.

The rate of fire is good, not as high as some other AEGs, but certainly enough. The gearbox is reliable and will go for miles without a problem. There is a weakness in the foregrip, it's true - but simply replace the Marui Monkey Metal with the aftermarket steel version and the job is done. That and don't bash it into trees - treat your rifle with respect and it will be there for you when you need it.

There is also a known defect with the plastic feed nozzle, again this is easily solved with an aftermarket brass 'speed nipple' for a few quid. Also, the plastic hop-up unit can break if you constantly remove the barrel and refit (as this is the work of a few seconds, and makes stripping for cleaning, repairs, etc. easy). Yet again, the G&P metal hop-up unit solves this problem.

More accessories are becoming available for the AUG, from the Boom Arms H-Bar barrel kit to the Nitro-Vo side rail for your tac-light. With approx 300fps out of the box, this is an excellent AEG for any level of player.

*Note the above applies to the TM AUG. The CA AUG is presumably the same, if not better. It should be noted that the CA AUG A1 (The 'Military' version) has a 1.5x scope, as with the real-steel, whereas the TM version has a 2x scope. Thus, the CA version is more realistic.

At the handfull of metres range that AEGs operate over, 1.5 or 2 times is perfectly fine, only highly upgraded sniper rifles and support guns need more...

Also, with the aquisition of several spare parts from dead/dying/destoyed AUGs, you can easily build up as many options as you want. Support weapon, under-slung grenade launcher, assault rifle, short-barrel 'para' version, 9mm carbine, phantom silenced sniper rifle, etc. And all with either the A1's built-in scope or the A2's rail system, allowing the use of ANY sights you like. Red/green dots, night-vision (if you're rich), high-magnification sniper scopes, lasers, whatever.

Shinden-and as to the fact that systema parts dont fit in the CA AUG - you are talking out of your *albartroth* ! the wiring is way better from CA as it has a far higher silicone content the only weak point being the pistons which is IMHO a good thing as if anything should lockup or jam i would rather replace a £12 piston than a £35+ set of gears anyday .

untill you have either owned or worked on the Ca guns i suggest you keep your scaremongering to yourself and crawl back under the TM made plastic rock you came from ;)

I you look in the news section there is a thread on the CA AUG, on one of the pages there is a quick review. If you can't be bothered to read through and find it it's your loss. Also here is a review on Airsoft Canada here:

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.ph...ht=CA+steyr+AUG

There are plenty of TM AUG reviews just use google!

Also, with the aquisition of several spare parts from dead/dying/destoyed AUGs, you can easily build up as many options as you want. Support weapon, under-slung grenade launcher, assault rifle, short-barrel 'para' version, 9mm carbine, phantom silenced sniper rifle, etc. And all with either the A1's built-in scope or the A2's rail system, allowing the use of ANY sights you like. Red/green dots, night-vision (if you're rich), high-magnification sniper scopes, lasers, whatever.

Good luck finding parts AUGs. I've been looking for many months for just a barrel assembly to no avail.

Archived