Which Aug?

Smith5

I now have 4. I need at least one more for every real steel barrel option. Maybe one more for the AUG RIS/A3 style thing. I've also got both the A1 scope and the A2 receiver.

I find the green foregrips and the gas plugs are the hardest parts to find.

Robot 2000 Posted Today, 01:11 AM

The CA AUG has been out for less than a month. In other words, you're talking out of your *albartroth*, because you can't possibly know anything about the long term performance of the gun.

Give me six months and I'll get back to you on whether the CA AUG is worth it.

Pretty much you are right on that issue, the long term use of the gun is still unknown, however given the structure of the gearbox and everything, I am not talking out of my *albartroth*. Also, I wasn't talking about the long term performances of the gun. The debate of saying whether the CA Aug is good is one sided in my opinion. People will say the CA Aug is good because of its body constructions, scope, metal parts, pretuned gearboxes, and because of favortism. I believe this CA Aug will be pretty much up to par with other guns. To me, the CA AUG A1 is worth it because we don't have anymore TM A1s on the market.

1st Commando Posted Today, 05:17 AM

Shinden-and as to the fact that systema parts dont fit in the CA AUG - you are talking out of your *albartroth* ! the wiring is way better from CA as it has a far higher silicone content the only weak point being the pistons which is IMHO a good thing as if anything should lockup or jam i would rather replace a £12 piston than a £35+ set of gears anyday .

untill you have either owned or worked on the Ca guns i suggest you keep your scaremongering to yourself and crawl back under the TM made plastic rock you came from 

Systema parts will not shim correctly in a CA gearbox. You'll have to shave some parts off if you want to fit it in, but it's gonna be too tight anyways. Wiring is still a problem in CA guns though and the piston (which everyone will replace with a better piston and piston head). Yes I did worked on CA guns and that is from my own experiances as well as from customers. Now I don't hate CA guns though, the CA Aug is what I've been waiting for, however it is just the fact that I don't really want to try and upgrade a whole lot compared to my TMs. I already had customers with CA M15s as they are veteran airsofters, said the gearbox is not as great and didn't allow the systema gears to shim correctly. All customers said the wiring went down first, then thier pistons so this statement is not from my *albartroth*. I've already PMed a user regarding things like this and he definitely agreed and said "fair enough" . I don't mind going back to my customed TM guns as all of them are metal bodies and shoots 2x over forums limits with ROF over 30+BB per sec. It's just all come down preference.

So anyways on topic, this is what you can somewhat see why peopel buy either one.

CA AUG A1: For the build quality, pretuned gearbox, scope, and rareness of the military AUG. Easily upgraded with spring, piston and piston heads. Weak areas on the TM Aug has been reinforced as the grip and other areas.

TM AUG A2 Special Reciever: For the Reciever with a top rail peice, black color, and parts. People buy it because they like Marui brands or find it comfortable working on the gearbox as you can reach very high FPS.

Both guns work in the same manner, very accurate, but out of the box, the CA guns will have more power. The TM guns will require extra money on the upgrades alone. So the CA guns is better if you have some type of budget and don't plan on upgrading or upgrading to a certain FPS.

I have held both the TM and CA augs and the CA one seems alot more sturdy then the TM one and the TM one is very sturdy to begin with... It Seems they did a great job on reinforcing the foregrip which can be problematic with the TM. Though i didnt get to shoot the CA For Feel and Extrenal Sturdiness CA>TM

If RedWolf have the gas plugs, I can't find them. They're listed on the WarGamers' Club website, but they've been out of stock for several years now...

Black foregrips are available, if somewhat rare. The only way to get green ones is to cannibalise them off other green AUGs. Unless CA bring them out as spare parts.

To fix the TM's vertical grip you just fill it with epoxy.

And how, exactly, will that help?

How will filling the hollow plastic grip - permanently embedding the srping imobile in the process - help to prevent the Marui Monkey Metal from snapping at the weak-points, ie where it is thin to allow the retaining pin to go through??

It won't. What it *WILL* do is prevent you from repairing the grip if it breaks, or from replacing the MMM foregrip pin with the G&P Steel Pin, available from good airsoft retailers, before there's a problem.

So, kiddies, if you have an AUG, and you're worried about the foregrip, don't fill it with anything. Simply crack it down the seam where the two halves are joined (carefully!), take the MMM pin out, put the G&P one in, THEN get the two-part epoxy resin out and glue the pin and the two halves together.

How do I know this? Because I've done it FIVE TIMES. And it works. And it's easy to do. Filling the grip with resin will achieve nothing except runin the way it works and make it heavier.

Or you can simply remove it if the grip is unneccesaary from the beginning. The AUG still looks great without the foregrip.

Also in other customed TM AUGs, you can make it very quiet with sound proof materials inserted in the gun. So that no motor noise escapes and have the gun operate like a full-auto sniper.

If RedWolf have the gas plugs, I can't find them. They're listed on the WarGamers' Club website, but they've been out of stock for several years now...

Black foregrips are available, if somewhat rare. The only way to get green ones is to cannibalise them off other green AUGs. Unless CA bring them out as spare parts.

I was only skimming though it so I might have been mistaken or they might have been for a different gun.

Great, more people bashing CA gun's relibality...

I REALLY dont understand how people come to the conclusion that CA gearboxes are any less 'upgradeable' than TM guns as the gearboxes are a direct copy of the TM boxes, their motors may not be the same but morots are replaceable, so are gears, shims, pistons, cylinders etc meaning that they are JUST as upgradeable as TM boxes.

also about GB strength, the CA ones are probably stronger than the TM once you round out the corners etc to prevent premature failure just as you do on the TM guns, and you shouldn't have gearbox failure problems unless you are putting insanely high powered springs in there along with aluminium pistons and other upgrades that have been proven over and over again to kill gearboxes, like aluminium pistons for example.

Oh and i really don't see how CA wiring is worse than the TM stuff, its the same gauge wire but the CA stuff is more flexible because its got a silicone insulator instead of whatever TM uses and the insulating layer is also thicker making it less likely to get damaged when you pinch the wire and making the wire less likely to get pinched as its more flexible.

AFAIK from my personal experience of working on the AEGs of my airsofting friends, as i seem to be the only gearhead among us. I've come to notice only ONE problem with CA guns and that is the occasional piston failure, i know that a while back they had a bad batch of pistons that were utter ###### but they mostly seem to have been fixed, and i only occasionally hear of them failing.

now all i need to do is wait on CA to come out with a civvie version of the aug so i can slap a RDS on it for midrange use :D

Archived